[MOD-1 DTG] How much is the Mod1? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > BelQuette
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of BelQuette manufactured machines, including the MOD-1 DTG machine and the Flexi-Jet set series of printers.

[MOD-1 DTG] How much is the Mod1?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 3rd, 2010 May 3, 2010 4:29:02 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default How much is the Mod1?

Hey there guys;

I am trying to do some comparisons of the various print systems that are available at the moment, and I am having trouble pinning down specific info on the Mod1; first, what is the price of a single Mod1 unit? What does it come with when you buy it?

EDIT: I see that Jerid has some pricing information posted on his website. (www.screenerschoice.com)

Mod1 Dual CMYK Unit: $15,495
Mod1 CMYK + White Unit: $16,495

What comes with these sets? Is there any ink included? I assume this is the cost of the unit with only one platen - what size is that platen?

Also, I am trying to find out what the specs are on the machine, but there is some conflicting info out there - what is the maximum print size of the Mod1? On the Belquette Direct website (Belquette Mod1 Information) the max print size is listed as 12" x 18"; however, Kevin has recently posted information on a review that was done on the printer (Mod1 Review Page), which has the maximum print size listed at 13" x 20".... Which one is accurate? This might seem like a small discrepancy, but it makes a world of difference for my applications. Thanks.

Finally, one last question (for now): on Jerid's website, as well as the Belquette site, the following is listed under the "Highlight Features" of the Mod1:

New Brighter Color Durable Ink-Set
New Brighter White

Has the Dupont ink formulation been changed, recently? When was the last time "new brighter inks" were released? Thanks for the info, guys; talk to you soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2010 May 3, 2010 5:27:20 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 1,037 Times in 869 Posts

Default Re: How much is the Mod1?

call Belquette they are great people...

https://www.belquettedirect.com/index.php/contacts

**due to forum guidelines (if I am not mistaken)***

prices are not to be posted in the forums.

Old May 3rd, 2010 May 3, 2010 5:51:19 PM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Thanked 1,121 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Walker
first, what is the price of a single Mod1 unit? What does it come with when you buy it?
Price will be different than what I have on my site, but again, for the sake of the forums, I can go over that with you privately.

Quote:
What comes with these sets? Is there any ink included? I assume this is the cost of the unit with only one platen - what size is that platen?
A Mod1 package includes, 1 Adult Platen (Tuck and Lock) with ball indexing system, 250ml of each color and 1 liter of white, 1 Gallon of pre-treatment, quillon and parchment paper, the RIP and Mod Queue Manager software.

Quote:
Also, I am trying to find out what the specs are on the machine, but there is some conflicting info out there - what is the maximum print size of the Mod1?
The platen size is 12.5"x18". You can print pretty close to that size. There's no hooping, so you can print pretty close to the edge (actually over the edge, but obviously staying within the boundaries would give you a clean print). There are longer platens available for the Mod1 if necessary (I know it's over 20"), but the Mod2 has a longer Y axis, so this will give you a much longer print. As for the length, I'll have to confirm it with Mark. I know it's pretty long, possibly in the 40" range.

Quote:
Finally, one last question (for now): on Jerid's website, as well as the Belquette site, the following is listed under the "Highlight Features" of the Mod1:

New Brighter Color Durable Ink-Set
New Brighter White

Has the Dupont ink formulation been changed, recently? When was the last time "new brighter inks" were released? Thanks for the info, guys; talk to you soon.
This information has been on my site for a while. I'm thinking at the time the inks were the newer version and that's why it was posted. I have to update that portion of the site anyway, so thanks for the heads up, and sorry for any confusion it may have caused!

And this is the newer machine. The sides are orange (yellow in this picture) which indicate the newest model.
Attached Images
File Type: png Mod1_Image.png (244.2 KB, 279 views)

Last edited by JeridHill; May 3rd, 2010 at 05:56 PM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
Justin Walker (May 3rd, 2010), red514 (May 6th, 2010)

Old May 3rd, 2010 May 3, 2010 7:46:38 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Matt
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
This information has been on my site for a while. I'm thinking at the time the inks were the newer version and that's why it was posted.
What does this mean? IS there a new ink set?

Also, please tell me 3-5 things why this MOD-1 Printer is better/superior to a HM-1 with a "Printrite" Bag System installed - besides the cool ball registered Platen.

Old May 3rd, 2010 May 3, 2010 8:11:14 PM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPop
What does this mean? IS there a new ink set?
No, the information on my site has been up for over a 1 1/2 years. I didn't realize it still said that, so it will be changed to reflect more up to date information.

Quote:
Also, please tell me 3-5 things why this MOD-1 Printer is better/superior to a HM-1 with a "Printrite" Bag System installed - besides the cool ball registered Platen.
I'm not going to get into a our machine is better than the other machine thread. That's not the intent of the original post, nor should it be the intent of my reply.

I will simply say, we have exhausted this information throughout these forums and a search on the PrintsRite System will give you plenty of information as to why it's more than just a Bagged Ink system. After converting many customers who have Epson based systems over to the PrintsRite, the testimonials of their machines running better than they have before is proof enough the system works.

Now if you are asking why the Mod1 with the PrintsRite system is better than an HM-1 with a PrintsRite system, then it's a comparison of machines and the technologies put into them. Again, though, this information is throughout these forums.

Sorry, don't mean to act as if I don't care about your question, I'm simply complying with forum rules and avoiding the self-promotional route as well as getting into discussions of the "he said, she said" nature.

The Following User Says Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
Rodney (August 27th, 2010)
Old May 3rd, 2010 May 3, 2010 8:30:06 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I would like to know what cool innovations you have. I am pondering the purchase of a HM-1 machine and converting it to your Filtered Degassed bag system.

The HM-1 with the bag system seems like the best and cheapest choice for a 1st machine vs paying $5 per print x thousands of prints per year (on black) contract printing price on a Brother 782 Machine, or a $15k DTG Raptor, or your $16,495 Mod-1. < This is why I ask!

I am very worried about print quality above all - on all of the options. The prints I am getting on the Brother 782 is just "decent enought" and "acceptable" to sell as a screen printed garment... Remember that at $5 each, 500 prints are $2500!

Old May 3rd, 2010 May 3, 2010 8:56:40 PM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I'll tell you what is in our system, then you can compare that to the others you are looking at. I don't know how their machines are configured.

1. Epson 1800/1900, so the quality of print is excellent.

2. Rapid auto 2nd pass. This feature allows you to print your first layer and as soon as the last pixel is printed, it reverses automatically and repositions the second layer and prints again. This reduces the print time for darks quite a bit. It's designed for quick production.

3. PrintsRite ink system. Degassed, filtered, bagged ink. Since these factors are a constant, you will get proper jetting of the nozzles consistently. Since the jets do not misfire, the quality of print is increased.

4. Ball indexing system on the platen. This allows you to remove the platen and place another one on in mere seconds. If you are in a production environment, you would load a shirt on a separate platen and as soon as the printed garment exits the machine, grab it while it's still in motion and swap the platens out. Then hit the green button on the Y axis and it goes back in. When timed right, your platen will be in continual motion.

5. Ball indexing system on the printer. If the printer needs replaced for any reason, it can be UPS'd. The printer module can be removed from the machine in less than a minute. It weighs 40 pounds and has 2 handles. One person can easily handle it. Putting the printer back on drops onto the ball indexing system and it goes back into place.

6. Mod Queue Manager. This is pretty much the control for the brains of the entire system. There are features built into this that allow you to save shirts. I just printed 31 shirts for someone, front and back with white ink with 0 misprints. The Mod Queue Manager will help assist you from wasting most prints that could go wrong for whatever reason. You can export jobs you do a lot of and import into the MQM instead of the RIP. This allows you to instantly print. With the MQM, it helps maintenance be reduced to 5 minutes a day. Other features that are added simply get added through this program. It is software based, so you don't have to control anything on the printer, it's all done through the MQM.

7. With open sides, it's extremely easy to print sweatshirts. There's extra room you don't have to try to crunch the garment down. With the tuc and loc system, you simply tuck your garment in instead of hooping.

8. When you raise and lower the printer for different heights of printable objects, the bagged ink raises with the printer. There is never a level change due to lowering or raising the ink, it's always at the right height.

9. Smooth Sync Technology was created by Belquette and is integrated into the system. There is no jerking motion, but a smooth flow of movement of the platen. This gives a more accurate and crisp print.

10. We use high quality dampers instead of cartridges. I believe most printers do now days, but with the dampers, there is definitely an improvement of ink flow and consistency of print.

11. Upgradeable to the Mod2. On these forums, in the Belquette system, you will find a video of the Mod2 printing. Every mod1 is upgradeable to a Mod2 when it becomes available later this year. The video shows the Mod2 printing a 9x9 image (I believe), in a little over a minute. At about 1 minute and 18 seconds there is enough room to remove the exiting platen and place another one on and press the green start button.

12. The ink bags are clear and you will use all the ink. Pop off the bag and place another one on in seconds, even while printing if needed. The white ink will settle just like the rest, but with the bags, you can easily pick it up and shake it without worrying about oxygen being integrated into the ink. We do plan on reimplementing our circulating system we took off 2 years ago, but it's not on the current configuration. It's not a necessity, but it will stop the white ink from separating and is a good idea to put it back on. This will be also later this year.

As for pricing, it is changing here within the next week and a half. For pricing information, PM me and we can discuss that further.

I'm sure there are more points, but it's late and I'm not entirely sure I'm thinking clearly.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
Embroidthis2200 (May 5th, 2010), Justin Walker (May 3rd, 2010), PPop (May 3rd, 2010), red514 (May 6th, 2010), Rodney (August 27th, 2010)
Old May 3rd, 2010 May 3, 2010 9:39:41 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Thanks, Jerid!

My intention in this thread is to compile some information about the Mod1 system, in one place, and your response certainly helped.

I am becoming more and more convinced that having a "wide format" and a "small format" printer setup is important to maximize production... No reason to tie up a wider printer with pesky pocket prints and 10" x 10" chest prints...

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 7:05:06 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Angel

Ppop who is selling 782 contract printng
at $5?

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 9:35:51 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WholesalePrint
Ppop who is selling 782 contract printng
at $5?
$5 seems right.

You are $6.95 at 72+

My designs are about 8x11". All on Black. I've printed about 1000 prints so far... Therefore $5 seems fair, or even expensive.

I know a fellow company (Clothing Line) getting very large prints 11"x15" on the Kornit at about $4... but at $5, I like the Brother Print Quality Better, and the Kornit Press is too far away to casually drive to...

Again, THE ONLY PROBLEM is the Brother INK COST! The guy who prints them complains that he needs to buy 4 more White Ink Carts which equals $1200 to print just my shirts, ruining his "profit"...

What does all of this have to do with the price of the Mod1, besides that the machine is 1/3 the price of the Brother, Heads are a fraction, and the Belquette Ink is 46% the price...

BTW, I just picked up some shirts and talked to the printer while he talked and casually printed about 50 pretreated shirts in 1.25 hours.

The Brother 782 is a very easy to operate! Load 1 platen, the print takes 1-2 minutes, White Pass + CMYK. You load the second platen, while the 1st is printing - giving a Very Nice Workflow.

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 9:46:36 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I dont see how $5 dollar seems right? If your not the one printing them I don't see how you can determine what the right price is. I wish I can go lower but currently can't afford to maybe soon . The guy doing it for $5 complains cause he knows that price is rough on him. I have gone lower but the client has to have work that merits it. I compete with kornit guy occasionally, sometimes win to. Did you say you areprinting 1000 at a time? Email me art work, as an artist I appreciate look at peoples work. Sorry for hijacking thread Rodney. PM me if you wanna keep chatting GN.

Old May 5th, 2010 May 5, 2010 10:24:43 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WholesalePrint
I dont see how $5 dollar seems right?
$5 per print allows me to wholesale the licensed shirts for $12.

Old May 6th, 2010 May 6, 2010 7:16:48 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
$5 per print allows me to wholesale the licensed shirts for $12.
oh lol I get it, its the right price for you but not him. gotcha!

Old May 13th, 2010 May 13, 2010 1:51:58 PM -   #14 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I was trying to edit my original post, to reflect this updated image of the Mod1 - however, I don't seem to see any edit buttons, on any of my posts (weird). Anyways, here it is:

EDIT: Even weirder... I can edit THIS post, but neither of my previous posts from this thread...

Last edited by Justin Walker; May 13th, 2010 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Because I can.

Old May 13th, 2010 May 13, 2010 1:56:47 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Andy
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Can I send mine back for the sticker upgrade? Pretty fancy....

Andy

This is a discussion about How much is the Mod1? that was posted in the BelQuette section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in