[MOD-1 DTG] How much is the Mod1? - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > BelQuette
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of BelQuette manufactured machines, including the MOD-1 DTG machine and the Flexi-Jet set series of printers.

[MOD-1 DTG] How much is the Mod1?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 9:38:55 AM -   #31 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,037 Times in 869 Posts

Default Re: How much is the Mod1?

Yeah, this will be your best bet.. we use Belquette ink and pretreat with our machine and we couldn't be happier.

PM me if you have any questions!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 9:49:34 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Adam
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I love my MOD1, wouldn't mind adding another one too.
What we are interested in for the MOD2 is that it is basically 2 printers stacked together giving you 8 channels for white and the second printer running Dual CMYK. Dual CMYK is better for coverage and you can squeeze more speed out of it by running it at a lower resolution but get the same coverage as a high resolution single CMYK.

The Following User Says Thank You to TahoeTomahawk For This Useful Post:
Justin Walker (August 27th, 2010)
Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 12:07:00 PM -   #33 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
To my knowledge, it's the only platform that allows you to upgrade it to a faster production machine without having to buy an entirely new machine.
Would you consider Peter's Neoflex to have a similar feature, since the entire print head unit is independent from the base, allowing you to easily and quickly swap to a different printer setup? IE, dual-CMYK head unit would be much faster on lights than the CMYK+W head unit.

Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 12:16:23 PM -   #34 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Walker
Would you consider Peter's Neoflex to have a similar feature, since the entire print head unit is independent from the base, allowing you to easily and quickly swap to a different printer setup? IE, dual-CMYK head unit would be much faster on lights than the CMYK+W head unit.
No I wouldn't. Swapping out a printer isn't what I'm talking about. The only way the NeoFlex is capable of improving is if a faster print engine that is the same size and upgraded Epson printer are available.

The Mod1 has the capability of swapping out complete different print engines, as well as using it on various bases. If you recall, the i180 was the first prototype. The problem with it was the cantelever design was too unstable. So a new base was created, but the Mod itself was already there. Improvements have been made on it, but the module was basically moved from one platform to another.

This is critical in the versatility of the Mod series. Unless the NeoFlex or any other printer can be swapped out and used on additional platforms independently, it's not really an upgrade. With the Mod series, the current base is just one option, and that option can be upgraded without buying a new printer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
acca (August 28th, 2010), Justin Walker (August 27th, 2010)
Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 12:22:19 PM -   #35 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
The Mod1 has the capability of swapping out complete different print engines, as well as using it on various bases.... With the Mod series, the current base is just one option, and that option can be upgraded without buying a new printer.
What other options are currently available for the Mod1, compared to other brands? Or, when does Belquette expect to have upgrades available to the Mod1? Is there a tentative release scheduled for the Mod2?

Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 12:26:04 PM -   #36 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

We have prototypes in the field, but not sure of dates. I try not to interrupt too much because I don't want to deter. I know of something else being designed that will be even better than the Mod2. That's about all I can say on that subject. (oh yeah, other than the Mod can take advantage of it as well.)

Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 12:29:33 PM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Justin, good point on the MOD1, I think it would be similar I haven't seen very many printers that are capable of swapping out the printer portion to switch between inks, etc.

The MOD2 reminds me of the DTG Eclipse, only much better.

For our business model, we would need a MOD2 instead of a Dual CMYK printer to swap out on the MOD1 because we randomly pull and print shirts, we don't batch them up as far as color, white ink, etc. So having down time even a few min between switching the printer would not be valuable to us with our current operations.

The Following User Says Thank You to TahoeTomahawk For This Useful Post:
Justin Walker (August 27th, 2010)
Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 1:02:31 PM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Mark

Quote:
What other options are currently available for the Mod1, compared to other brands?
Since you asked....

Here's a few more things that are unique but now standard features that assist users in getting great looking prints without getting to close to the print head while doing so.

Auto Height ON mod1

Last edited by Belquette; August 27th, 2010 at 01:13 PM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Belquette For This Useful Post:
Justin Walker (August 27th, 2010), TahoeTomahawk (August 27th, 2010)
Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 1:10:23 PM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
What other options are currently available for the Mod1, compared to other brands?
There are many times users may find that what they are printing on is not really flat, even some platens are not perfect.
With this in mind the mod can not only adjust up and down but also right to left all while using the intelligent AHD (Auto Height Detect) as your guide.

Angle Print

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Belquette For This Useful Post:
Justin Walker (August 27th, 2010), Rodney (September 3rd, 2010), TahoeTomahawk (August 27th, 2010)
Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 1:22:50 PM -   #40 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Those are neat features, indeed! Thanks for posting, Mark. However, I was asking specifically about available options for swapping out print engines or bases, as Jerid is promoting; not upgraded features, per se.

Quote:
The Mod1 has the capability of swapping out complete different print engines, as well as using it on various bases... With the Mod series, the current base is just one option, and that option can be upgraded without buying a new printer.
Since the current base is just one option, I am curious what the other options are, or was he referring to the impending Mod2 (tentatively scheduled for round two of prototyping)?

Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 1:23:49 PM -   #41 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belquette
There are many times users may find that what they are printing on is not really flat, even some platens are not perfect.
With this in mind the mod can not only adjust up and down but also right to left all while using the intelligent AHD (Auto Height Detect) as your guide.

Angle Print
This is awesome!

Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 1:34:24 PM -   #42 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Since the current base is just one option, I am curious what the other options are, or was he referring to the impending Mod2 (tentatively scheduled for round two of prototyping)?
Since the variations are not currently in production, I can't really disclose this information. Obviously someone shouldn't base a decision to purchase a machine on things to come, I'm just letting people know that the Mod isn't staying in one place.

What I can say is, the Mod series, from day one, has always been designed to upgrade. That's why the very first Mod that was ever manufactured is not outdated and can be updated or upgraded. So there are things not yet implemented or not even yet thought about. But that's the beauty of a Modular system, the upgradeability is very real.

Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 1:40:38 PM -   #43 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
The only change from a mod1 to a mod 2 is a longer Y axis that enables one printer to have dual CMYK and a separate printer with 8 channels of white.

As far as what the next level entails..., I can say the mod printer will not change, but it will interact differently with the base unit yielding much higher throughput.
Sorry for being vague but until it's fully baked we will all need to wait to see how the finished product endures our testing phases that's currently quite severe based on some of our end users, and that's OK.

Last edited by Belquette; August 27th, 2010 at 01:54 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to Belquette For This Useful Post:
Justin Walker (August 29th, 2010)
Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 3:41:44 PM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Old September 3rd, 2010 Sep 3, 2010 12:01:27 PM -   #45 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,029 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belquette

Angle Print
Is that a standard feature on the Mod-1?

This is a discussion about How much is the Mod1? that was posted in the BelQuette section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in