[MOD-1 DTG] How much is the Mod1? - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > BelQuette
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of BelQuette manufactured machines, including the MOD-1 DTG machine and the Flexi-Jet set series of printers.

[MOD-1 DTG] How much is the Mod1?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 13th, 2010 May 13, 2010 2:33:01 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Kevin
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How much is the Mod1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmcdan
Can I send mine back for the sticker upgrade? Pretty fancy....

Andy
Sure, send it in....

j/k I'll put them in the mail tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 17th, 2010 Jun 17, 2010 7:33:37 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Matt
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
I'll tell you what is in our system, then you can compare that to the others you are looking at. I don't know how their machines are configured.

1. Epson 1800/1900, so the quality of print is excellent.

2. Rapid auto 2nd pass. This feature allows you to print your first layer and as soon as the last pixel is printed, it reverses automatically and repositions the second layer and prints again. This reduces the print time for darks quite a bit. It's designed for quick production.

3. PrintsRite ink system. Degassed, filtered, bagged ink. Since these factors are a constant, you will get proper jetting of the nozzles consistently. Since the jets do not misfire, the quality of print is increased.

4. Ball indexing system on the platen. This allows you to remove the platen and place another one on in mere seconds. If you are in a production environment, you would load a shirt on a separate platen and as soon as the printed garment exits the machine, grab it while it's still in motion and swap the platens out. Then hit the green button on the Y axis and it goes back in. When timed right, your platen will be in continual motion.

5. Ball indexing system on the printer. If the printer needs replaced for any reason, it can be UPS'd. The printer module can be removed from the machine in less than a minute. It weighs 40 pounds and has 2 handles. One person can easily handle it. Putting the printer back on drops onto the ball indexing system and it goes back into place.

6. Mod Queue Manager. This is pretty much the control for the brains of the entire system. There are features built into this that allow you to save shirts. I just printed 31 shirts for someone, front and back with white ink with 0 misprints. The Mod Queue Manager will help assist you from wasting most prints that could go wrong for whatever reason. You can export jobs you do a lot of and import into the MQM instead of the RIP. This allows you to instantly print. With the MQM, it helps maintenance be reduced to 5 minutes a day. Other features that are added simply get added through this program. It is software based, so you don't have to control anything on the printer, it's all done through the MQM.

7. With open sides, it's extremely easy to print sweatshirts. There's extra room you don't have to try to crunch the garment down. With the tuc and loc system, you simply tuck your garment in instead of hooping.

8. When you raise and lower the printer for different heights of printable objects, the bagged ink raises with the printer. There is never a level change due to lowering or raising the ink, it's always at the right height.

9. Smooth Sync Technology was created by Belquette and is integrated into the system. There is no jerking motion, but a smooth flow of movement of the platen. This gives a more accurate and crisp print.

10. We use high quality dampers instead of cartridges. I believe most printers do now days, but with the dampers, there is definitely an improvement of ink flow and consistency of print.

11. Upgradeable to the Mod2. On these forums, in the Belquette system, you will find a video of the Mod2 printing. Every mod1 is upgradeable to a Mod2 when it becomes available later this year. The video shows the Mod2 printing a 9x9 image (I believe), in a little over a minute. At about 1 minute and 18 seconds there is enough room to remove the exiting platen and place another one on and press the green start button.

12. The ink bags are clear and you will use all the ink. Pop off the bag and place another one on in seconds, even while printing if needed. The white ink will settle just like the rest, but with the bags, you can easily pick it up and shake it without worrying about oxygen being integrated into the ink. We do plan on reimplementing our circulating system we took off 2 years ago, but it's not on the current configuration. It's not a necessity, but it will stop the white ink from separating and is a good idea to put it back on. This will be also later this year.

As for pricing, it is changing here within the next week and a half. For pricing information, PM me and we can discuss that further.

I'm sure there are more points, but it's late and I'm not entirely sure I'm thinking clearly.
When's you next show? on the West Coast?

Long Beach August 12–14?

Show Special?

Old June 18th, 2010 Jun 18, 2010 3:06:48 AM -   #18 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,121 Times in 788 Posts

Hey Matt, the funny thing is, I just pulled out your business card 2 days ago! I didn't look to see whose name it was, but I assume it was yours. It was when we were in Long Beach.

The next show we are at will be SGIA, Oct. 13-15 in Las Vegas. Not sure of the ISS schedule yet, but I'll let you know.

Old June 19th, 2010 Jun 19, 2010 6:05:33 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Adam
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Matt,
I picked up my MOD at the Long beach show. Been running it for about 6 months now. Let me know if you have any questions.

Just a side note, there is no comparison to this machine. It could have cost twice as much and still would have been worth it.

We are going to phase out our 2 older machines and get another MOD or a MOD2.

Old June 23rd, 2010 Jun 23, 2010 7:52:11 PM -   #20 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Gabe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have researched a ton of info, and came to the conclusion this very week on picking the Mod1. I am reading the manual today, and it doesnt look too bad to pick up really quick, and start firing out work.
Lets hope i can get it and go, like I hope...
Jerid was very helpful in my research by the way.
Gabe

The Following User Says Thank You to Localgabe For This Useful Post:
JeridHill (June 23rd, 2010)
Old June 23rd, 2010 Jun 23, 2010 8:38:24 PM -   #21 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Thanks Gabe, it's appreciated!

Old June 24th, 2010 Jun 24, 2010 6:31:23 AM -   #22 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 1,037 Times in 869 Posts

Good Choice!!... we are working to get ours soon.

Old June 24th, 2010 Jun 24, 2010 7:41:03 AM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Adam
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Congrats Gabe, and Carla when you get a MOD you will not be sorry!

The Following User Says Thank You to TahoeTomahawk For This Useful Post:
FatKat Printz (June 24th, 2010)
Old August 26th, 2010 Aug 26, 2010 10:05:43 PM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

what's a Mod2? there's no info on the site about it. eliminated on brand from my search, so still doing homework. so many of these say "portable for shows" but what if you have a small prius and not a large van?
LOL

Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 1:55:50 AM -   #25 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Since the Mod2 isn't available at this time, we've not put the full disclosure of information out there. We have some major improvements to the platform that will excel over our initial print times. Here is the original prototype of the Mod2:

Before these improvements, this prototype is considered round one. These improvements blow away our original Mod2 platform. Be sure to keep an eye out in the coming months for round 2..... Even Mike Tyson would occasionaly go to round two before the "knock-out". And let me say, round two with Tyson was always more exciting!

Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 3:26:04 AM -   #26 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 1,037 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlcnmstr
what's a Mod2? there's no info on the site about it. eliminated on brand from my search, so still doing homework. so many of these say "portable for shows" but what if you have a small prius and not a large van?
LOL
I saw you mention you are looking into a machine.. this is why I asked about your experience.

We have seen the mod in action and hopefully will be getting ours soon. If you can wait until January for the ISS show in Long Beach it will be worth it to check out or even visit someone in CA.

Are you looking at it to be something portable??

you can still get a Mod-1 (please confirm Jerid) and still a very good choice..

Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 3:55:10 AM -   #27 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatKat Printz
Definitely, the Mod series isn't going away any time soon. To my knowledge, it's the only platform that allows you to upgrade it to a faster production machine without having to buy an entirely new machine. So it's sticking around for awhile.

The Following User Says Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
FatKat Printz (August 27th, 2010)
Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 4:20:32 AM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Kevin
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlcnmstr
so many of these say "portable for shows" but what if you have a small prius and not a large van?

The Mod1 (Mod is for MODular) is comprised of three sections which can be detached from one another for ease of transportation. The Mod1 will fit in a Prius.

The Following User Says Thank You to kevrokr For This Useful Post:
Printzilla (August 27th, 2010)
Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 4:27:02 AM -   #29 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevrokr
The Mod1 (Mod is for MODular) is comprised of three sections which can be detached from one another for ease of transportation. The Mod1 will fit in a Prius.
Also, those three parts can be carried by one person, easily, and can be reassembled in minutes.

The Following User Says Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
Printzilla (August 27th, 2010)
Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 8:34:17 AM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatKat Printz
I saw you mention you are looking into a machine.. this is why I asked about your experience.

We have seen the mod in action and hopefully will be getting ours soon. If you can wait until January for the ISS show in Long Beach it will be worth it to check out or even visit someone in CA.

Are you looking at it to be something portable??

I am definitely waiting till january (still caving those pennies) and as I live in long beach, the ISS show is ten minutes away. (I was a bit disappointed in the NBM show, but I guess they're all getting smaller lately). Portability would be nice, to do a few small craft type shows, but mainly it would stay house bound.

This is a discussion about How much is the Mod1? that was posted in the BelQuette section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in