[VICTORIA - AUSTRALIA] - Need Some Advice! Screen Printing Experts Please Help. - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Australia and New Zealand
T-Shirt information for Australia and New Zealand

[VICTORIA - AUSTRALIA] - Need Some Advice! Screen Printing Experts Please Help.

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 21st, 2017 Nov 21, 2017 11:04:18 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

You can call me: Jai
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Need Some Advice! Screen Printing Experts Please Help.

Hey!

I was hoping someone here would be able to help me with a screen printing issue I have?

I run a business manufacturing custom apparel, and while we have never received any negative feedback about our products in the past - a customer has let us know that their screen print is only lasting 7 or so washes before the screen print begins to peel off. It is a water based print on polyester (dri-fit).

While it looks incredible, I am worried about this feedback as they use this polyester polo as their uniform (they are a chain of gyms in Australia). Is there anything I can do to prolong the lifespan of the screen print. The company we use for our screen prints is a very large and works with Disney, Nike etc so I'm not sure how this has happened. Is there a way I can explain to them what I need them to do with the print to make it more durable?

I don't want this to be a re-occurring incident with our product.

Thanks for your time,
Jai

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 27th, 2017 Nov 27, 2017 12:16:19 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mal

Talking Re: Need Some Advice! Screen Printing Experts Please Help.

Dont use water based inks on poly or synthetics.
Use plastisol, problem solved.

Old November 27th, 2017 Nov 27, 2017 4:54:13 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: Need Some Advice! Screen Printing Experts Please Help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermath
Dont use water based inks on poly or synthetics.
Use plastisol, problem solved.

Not necessarily. Plastisol has a lot of variants. Plus, over or under curing can make a great ink fail its wash test.

7 washes is trash. Just tell your printer it looked great but only lasted a few washes. Any good printer will take the opportunity to make it right.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a discussion about Need Some Advice! Screen Printing Experts Please Help. that was posted in the Australia and New Zealand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in