Possible new blank supplier in Australia - Please have a look.. (market research) - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Australia and New Zealand
T-Shirt information for Australia and New Zealand

Possible new blank supplier in Australia - Please have a look.. (market research)

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 27th, 2009 Apr 27, 2009 8:58:24 AM -   #16 (permalink)
soj
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Michael
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Possible new blank supplier in Australia - Please have a look.. (market research)

Hi Brent,

I have just gone through the long and arduous task of having some tees made from scratch here in Melbourne. I thought it was the best thing to do, keeping jobs in Australia, and getting a great quality product. Boy was it a wake up call. The prices didnt bother me, which ended up costing about $14 a t-shirt for fabric, and cut/sew. But what did bother me, was for that $14 the quality of the final product was a bit of a disappointment. The fabric was beautiful, a 150gsm combed cotton from standard universal which cost about $4 a metre. The disappointment was in the workmanship of the shirt, they were incomplete, they needed to have all threads cut off. Apart from that rocky start, the shirts double chain stitching along the neck taping which was shown on the outside was absolutely shocking. I went around to a few different places to test them out, and this produced the best quality sample. After all of this, I have decided, that although it would be great to have my stuff made in Australia, I am yet to see a quality product. I have now gone onto the next arduous task to find an overseas manufacturer to replace what I have done here.

So I would definitely be up for getting some samples from you to see how you have gone. The t-shirts I am after a high quality nice fitted soft cottoned shirts used for a high end product. These will be selling for $70 here, and wholesale price would be $35, so i need to have a final product price at least around the $20 mark, so if t-shirts were around $10 at most, id be quite interested.

I would also be even more interested in having you look after all my production for custom t-shirts if you would be interested. Something like having shirts made from custom coloured fabrics, custom feel fabric, etc.

Will be good to see what you have come up with in these first samples.

Regards,
Michael

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 29th, 2009 Apr 29, 2009 4:54:29 AM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Grahame

Default Re: Possible new blank supplier in Australia - Please have a look.. (market research)

Hi Brent,

Some info regarding supply of retail quality t-shirt blanks and what is important to us.

Quality - minimal shrinkage, no twisting/warping.
Adult style - similar to American Apparel 2001, flexible with this though.
Fabric - 100% cotton - must retain quality and shape after washing.
Stock - always available.
Delivery - 2-4 days into Melbourne.
Quantities - no minimums with price breaks.
Price - Adult shirts $5-$8.

We are also looking at kids clothing, our needs would be similar to the reply you received from Dan at Littlemonstas.

Would appreciate a price list and sample when you are able.

Regards,

Grahame Compton
Graffo Design

Old April 29th, 2009 Apr 29, 2009 6:14:01 AM -   #18 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Brent

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. I have just been told that the material I am making these out of is the same material as SABA tshirts. I will have to compare for myself when they arrive and let you all know how similar it is.

Not far off now.

About the baby clothes, someone just randomly brought that up in the thead. There seems to be a few people asking for baby clothes so I may persue that down the track if there is sufficient demand, and I suggest you send me a PM if you want them, but please only reply to this thread to discuss the type of tees that I am producing )

Old April 29th, 2009 Apr 29, 2009 3:09:07 PM -   #19 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

awesome.
if they are anything like that, i'm definately interested in getting some off you.

thanks and please keep me posted.

Old May 13th, 2009 May 13, 2009 4:39:31 AM -   #20 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Hi all. They have arrived!! For those who have emailed me I will be getting back to you shortly.

Old May 14th, 2009 May 14, 2009 1:07:18 PM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

U have a web site or something where we can have a look?

Old May 14th, 2009 May 14, 2009 2:18:20 PM -   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

No I don't as yet, but I will have photos up very soon.

Old August 19th, 2010 Aug 19, 2010 3:50:45 AM -   #23 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Hey guys just wondering if anything came of this? Its obviously been awhile between posts. From the sounds of things the original poster was mentioning these are the kind of t-shirts I am looking for. Does anyone have a link for the op's website or know of any other brands out there fitting the description?

thanks in advance...

Old August 25th, 2010 Aug 25, 2010 10:01:30 PM -   #24 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Tony

Hi Brent. I would be very interested in the style of T that you outlined in your post. Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Good luck and I look forward to seeing those T-Shirts.

Old August 26th, 2010 Aug 26, 2010 6:08:17 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Kim

I am always looking for good quality, reasonably priced kids and adult shirts. I like a slim fit with a well defined sleeve shape. This is especially so for kids shirts as so often they have these little stick arms coming out of these baggy sleeves, blahhh. I prefer crew neck to V neck. I agree with so many posts that the quality of the cut and sewing must be good so there is no twsting after laundering a couple of times (one of my pet peeves). The other things I take note of is the overlocking. It must be four thread and not three thread, I will not buy garments sewn with a three thread overlocker as if the needle thread does break then the seam unravels; the cheap garments almost always have three thread seams. I check seam allowances and I like to see a 6 to 8mm seam allowance although once again on the cheap versions I have seen seam allowances as small as 3mm and with that little room it is easy for any little nick made during the cutting to leave a hole in the garment right on the seam. The other thing I always check is the coverstitch on the hem and sleeve hem; it is incredible how often the cheaper garments have wobbly coverstitching and so there are sections of the hem that aren't enclosed in the threads.

Other than that, I like to have a selection of colours to choose from.

Personally, I like cotton/poly mixes but only becasue they launder well and don't need ironing but I think most customers (and it is them who are ultimately buying these shirts) quite like 100% cotton and I suspect I am part of a minority who actually irons their tshirts (well, truth be told my mother irons them, but let's not split hairs!)

Samples, well yes please but you'll send yourself broke sending out loads of free samples. I am quite happy to pay for samples, what I object to is if someone wants to stick me with a levy because my sample is below their minimum sales figure and then wants to charge me $40 to $60 to courier it to me when I would be quite happy to pay $5 postage.

That's my little wish list. If you can make shirts like that then I would be more than happy to purchase them from you.

I look forward to hearing more of your endeavours.

Kim

This is a discussion about Possible new blank supplier in Australia - Please have a look.. (market research) that was posted in the Australia and New Zealand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in