[NEW SOUTH WALES - AU] - RFI suggested dropshipper and printing method for my designs - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Australia and New Zealand
T-Shirt information for Australia and New Zealand

[NEW SOUTH WALES - AU] - RFI suggested dropshipper and printing method for my designs

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 27th, 2016 Aug 27, 2016 1:59:12 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Dean
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default RFI suggested dropshipper and printing method for my designs

Hi all,

I'm just starting out and had some samples printed with DTG by TeeJunction.

I'm quite disappointed with the quality of the print, but as I'm a novice I don't know if it is the printing company or an unsuitable printing method for my designs that is at fault.

I've attached comparisons of the original image and samples. The DTG samples look grainy, the colour reproduction is very poor for one, and there are horizontal lines in one that remind me of a paper inkjet printer running low on ink.

I've also attached a more detailed design that I have created (the inset shows a close-up). As you can see I need a printing method that can reproduce an image at high resolution.

What do people think? Is there an alternative printing method I should consider? And what dropshippers are there that can integrate with Shopify so I can sell t-shirts individually?

A complication is that I'm under time pressure to start 'production' as two of my designs (and the whole idea of a t-shirt business) are for a fundraising campaign that ends in mid-October.

Thanks in advance - any advice would be really helpful at this early stage.

Dean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg It's the little things.jpg (78.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg OGO vs original_GPetrel.jpg (832.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg OGO vs original_PPetrel.jpg (1.14 MB, 20 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 28th, 2016 Aug 28, 2016 9:48:01 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

Default Re: RFI suggested dropshipper and printing method for my designs

Hi Dean, I would love the opportunity to discuss in person your sample DTG order with Tee Junction. We're always open to a frank and honest discussion in regards to your experience.

Sorry to hear you are disappointed with the samples received. I can understand the points you've raised, some are inherently the nature of DTG & white ink printing, while others (the subtle streaks you mentioned) can be addressed. We did not hear from you directly, so we weren't aware of the issues that have been posted here.

Old August 28th, 2016 Aug 28, 2016 11:30:44 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Dean

Default Re: RFI suggested dropshipper and printing method for my designs

Hi Zhen,

I have sent you an email privately. I hope you understand that the intent with my post was to seek impartial opinions on the samples and the suitability of DTG printing for my designs.

As t-shirt printing is all new to me I'm unsure if my expectations are realistic or whether I am expecting too much from the printing method. I wanted to be more confident in my expectations before discussing my specific concerns with you. I honestly believe I can only validate my expectations using advice from people without a commercial interest in printing my t-shirts.

I hope that I have not offended you or your company in my post. I let the images of the samples speak for themselves, and I believe I was explicit in stating that I was unsure if the printer or my expectations were the cause of my disappointment with the samples.

Cheers,
Dean

This is a discussion about RFI suggested dropshipper and printing method for my designs that was posted in the Australia and New Zealand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in