Fully Stoked no more...Who is supplying AA? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Australia and New Zealand
T-Shirt information for Australia and New Zealand

Fully Stoked no more...Who is supplying AA?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 30th, 2008 Aug 30, 2008 12:09:27 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Fully Stoked no more...Who is supplying AA?

Hi all,

Found out this week that Fully Stoked are no longer supplying American Apparel garments - by all accounts this was a shock decision that Fully Stoked did not see coming.

Who else supplies AA in Australia? I have been given the email address [email protected] - any idea who they are?

Cheers,

Rach

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 31st, 2008 Aug 31, 2008 3:56:23 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

Default Re: Fully Stoked no more...Who is supplying AA?

Yes, BYM will be the only official importer of American Apparel. It's a real shame, Fullystoked were a great supplier, hopefully they bring on a a new (better) range then American Apparel.

Old August 31st, 2008 Aug 31, 2008 7:53:45 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Solmu's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Lewis
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenjie
Fullystoked were a great supplier
I don't know... their hearts were in the right place, but they were kind of unprofessional, and I think their re-tagging was illegal (it implied Made in Australia on a US product).

If their version of events is true (no reason to believe it isn't, but we haven't heard the other side of the story) then they got unfairly screwed over by AA.

I feel somewhat sympathetic, but at the same time I'm not convinced it's a great loss to anyone but the employees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenjie
hopefully they bring on a a new (better) range then American Apparel
Highly unlikely. But if we're lucky they'll bring out a decent Australian made range that at least beats the crappy Australian alternatives currently on the market. With their supposed environmental focus that's what they should have been doing all along really.

Old September 1st, 2008 Sep 1, 2008 6:40:30 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Thanksguys,

I agree that I found the Fully Stoked re-labelling a little odd as it did suggest that the garments were infact made in Aus.

I found the guys at Fully Stoked to be more than helpfull, more so than BYM who I am still waiting to hear back from.

You know Conintental Clothing don't have a distributor in Australia - perhaps than Fully Stoked could look at that???

Rach

Old September 1st, 2008 Sep 1, 2008 8:22:38 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Solmu's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Lewis
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemakes3
You know Conintental Clothing don't have a distributor in Australia - perhaps than Fully Stoked could look at that???
Hmm, that would be good actually.

The reason I didn't think it was likely they'd top AA is the whole sweatshop free thing that is so vital to what they do. I'm certainly not saying the other brands use sweatshops, but AA is one of very few brands who makes it a clear part of their marketing that they don't. The mere fact that they're sewn in a first world country makes people assume that they're sweatshop free, just as manufacturer's who don't are assumed to be using dodgy labour.

It would be hard for Fully Stoked to embrace a label that manufactured in second and third world countries.

This could be a great opportunity though if they're able to recover (which would be mighty difficult!), so I certainly wish them luck with that.

Old September 2nd, 2008 Sep 2, 2008 1:47:35 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

I forwarded my suggestion to stock Continental clothing as soon as I heard their contract with AA was canceled. It certainly is an option but you are correct Solmu, the no-sweat shop free thing is a big thing for them.

Apart from that issue, continental have as good if not better range then AA, which is what Fully Stoked need exactly for its currently custoemr base. Don't think made in Australia label simply due to cost and the fact they would need to create an whole entire line of clothing.

Old September 2nd, 2008 Sep 2, 2008 10:55:10 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

I have heard back from BYM regarding AA garments. Sadly they don't offer the same friendlu service for small business! Don't get me wrong, they have been helpful today but price breaks don't kick in until 250+ pieces are ordered and frieght is charged on all orders under 500.00. I know that AA in the US offer price breaks on smaller orders...My current tee-shirt supplier offers breaks on orders over 12+ garments. I was keen to start using AA as they good quality garment and I like the ethical aspects of the production. I think I may explore getting the garments direct from the US via a friend with an account there. Even with shipping, its cheaper than BYM and Fully Stoked.

Good luck one and all.

Oh and I also wrote to Fully Stoked and suggested they look at Continental Clothings enviro/organic range.

Rac

Old September 6th, 2008 Sep 6, 2008 3:47:43 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

There is now an AA retail store located on Chapel Street, Prahran. Dropped in yesterday to check out the shirts etc that you all talk about, and well, i didn't find anything at all that i thought was of good quality. Their plain tees were thin and stretchy, but i must admit, they would have been damn comfy to sleep in, but thats bout it. And they were priced at $27.

They did however have some hypercolour tees that reminded me of the early 90's..

So what price are these going at wholesale, and would it be worthy trying to do a bulk order amongst a few forum members to get the prices down? i personally don't think i would be in, but just suggesting it to cut costs down for others.

-Matt

Old September 8th, 2008 Sep 8, 2008 4:47:29 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

My small Clothing Range was based around printing on AA from Fully Stoked they were the only place that would give you a decent price for small orders & were based out of Aus, Don't know what i'm going to do now

Old September 8th, 2008 Sep 8, 2008 6:42:08 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teve17
My small Clothing Range was based around printing on AA from Fully Stoked they were the only place that would give you a decent price for small orders & were based out of Aus, Don't know what i'm going to do now
what price are you talking? and what type of shirts? i get small amounts from Qualitops on Smith Street for personal use, and for selling. Its made behind the shop and is sweatshop free....

Old September 8th, 2008 Sep 8, 2008 7:18:15 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodomoMatt
what price are you talking? and what type of shirts? i get small amounts from Qualitops on Smith Street for personal use, and for selling. Its made behind the shop and is sweatshop free....

We were ordering in between 10-50p at one time of their basic Tee in a few different colors @ about $9, though their tees are very decent it was the colour range that attracted us the most, we had been planing to base our summer stuff around their Ultra-Violet, Pomegranate & Mint, not many places stock the first 2 colours &/or have the colour range that AA do.

Old September 8th, 2008 Sep 8, 2008 8:31:29 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Anyone know of any AA suppliers overseas that ship internationally?

Old September 22nd, 2008 Sep 22, 2008 6:12:05 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

acetate - we are trying to find someone as well at the momment, but trying to get replies from AA is hard. Such a pain as FS suited us perfectly.

We also brought AA due to the colours more so than anything and that we could buy small quantities easily.

Is someone able to give me details for BYM am having trouble getting any details.

Old September 22nd, 2008 Sep 22, 2008 9:50:04 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Hey guys,

So i am A TOUCH BEHIND THE NEWS and only just found out about Fully Stoked today.
i adored there online wholesale ordering, so im a touch shattered.

JEMMIE THIS IS FOR YOU! >>

I have used BYMINT but i recommend to use the NZ office [based on previous experience]
They are pretty good.
[email protected]

Hope this helps.

Old September 24th, 2008 Sep 24, 2008 6:17:53 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestarlovehear
Hey guys,

So i am A TOUCH BEHIND THE NEWS and only just found out about Fully Stoked today.
i adored there online wholesale ordering, so im a touch shattered.

JEMMIE THIS IS FOR YOU! >>

I have used BYMINT but i recommend to use the NZ office [based on previous experience]
They are pretty good.
[email protected]

Hope this helps.
Not sure if this is on the same wave length guys, but I do most of my shopping with AS Colour (AS Cotton in NZ I think) and found out this week that they now have a location in Sydney for all of us Aussie customers = quicker transit time for deliveries!
Still waiting on a reply about them introducing price breaks for quantity though.
Fingers crossed and all that jazz.
They have a pretty good selection of styles and colours (no where near as many as AA though)
and all of my customers usually choose their shirts when given a choice!
They are always really REALLY helpful, friendly and do what ever they can to accomodate.
I love them.

This is a discussion about Fully Stoked no more...Who is supplying AA? that was posted in the Australia and New Zealand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in