[AUSTRALIA] JetPro SofStretch Transfer Paper - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Australia and New Zealand
T-Shirt information for Australia and New Zealand

[AUSTRALIA] JetPro SofStretch Transfer Paper

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 28th, 2008 Jul 28, 2008 11:36:58 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default [AUSTRALIA] JetPro SofStretch Transfer Paper

Where in Australia I can buy JetPro SofStretch heat transfer paper or if some can recommend better paper but it has to be commercial grade? Also can I use normal ink from r310 epson printer or I should get some specialized ink for heat pressing? If I have to which ink should I use and whera I can get it?

Thanking in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 31st, 2008 Jul 31, 2008 12:41:58 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ryan

Default Re: JetPro SofStretch Transfer Paper

I think Coastal business supply sells that particular type, not sure if they ship internationally though.
I do like that material for inkjet quite alot.

Old September 28th, 2008 Sep 28, 2008 3:07:14 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Cody

Default Re: [AUSTRALIA] JetPro SofStretch Transfer Paper

Coastal does ship Internationally and they are really helpful.

Old September 29th, 2008 Sep 29, 2008 12:40:18 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzaip
Where in Australia I can buy JetPro SofStretch heat transfer paper or if some can recommend better paper but it has to be commercial grade? Also can I use normal ink from r310 epson printer or I should get some specialized ink for heat pressing? If I have to which ink should I use and whera I can get it?

Thanking in advance
Hi there,

Unfortunately JetProSofstretch isn't available here in Australia as yet! Unless someone has become a stockist and didn't inform anyone.
I've purchased my JPSS from Coastal Business Supplies in the US. Great service and fast delivery but of course the shipping rates are a little bit higher than I had expected, but well worth it. JPSS is one top transfer paper. I wouldn't even bother using any other for lights, but each to their own I suppose!

There is a supplier in Singapore who I have contacted a while back, but they required a minimum order of 1000 and a delivery time of around 2months. This info may have changed by now!
PM me if you would like their details.

Regards,

Tizz

Old September 29th, 2008 Sep 29, 2008 1:01:48 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzaip
Also can I use normal ink from r310 epson printer or I should get some specialized ink for heat pressing? If I have to which ink should I use and whera I can get it?

Thanking in advance
Sorry I forgot to add,

The epson R310 is a good printer to use, but the original oem ink I am not 100% sure about.
This printer has a Micro Piezo print head which is most favoured to be used for heat transfes paper. I think it's just the way these printers disperse the ink to form the image you get a much finer detailed result.

The inks that are mostly used and recommended are Pigment based inks. Epson stock Durabrite inks (pigment ink), but I don't know exactly what comes with the R210 & R310's.
I am using an Epson C110 the original ink cartridges are Durabrite (pigment) and these have come out really good. But the cartridge's don;t last as long so I've purchased a cis for this system with Pigment ink from SuperJet USA. Good price for system and shipping and arrived pretty fast. Actually it arrived faster than some of the items I've purchased locally from ebay!

However, you can also get Heat Transfer Inks, these ink I believe has been formulated to suit high temperatures. (Next ink I'm gonna purchase when I run out!). I've heard nothing but good feedback with these ink types. Check out InkJetCarts or Ink Supply they stock these.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Old January 29th, 2010 Jan 29, 2010 6:56:11 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mark

JetPro-Sofstretch is AVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA Neenah has given distribution rights to a company in NSW called Picture Perfect Products. They can be found at Sublimation and Heat Transfer Solutions - Picture Perfect Products Australia. I have bought and used this paper and just as everybody seems to be saying without a doubt it is THE BEST T SHIRT TRANSFER PAPER IN THE WORLD. Big statement I know but wait till you try it. Jet-Pro Sofstretch

Last edited by tsma; January 31st, 2010 at 05:34 PM..

Old August 1st, 2010 Aug 1, 2010 11:20:23 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Julia

Unfortunately Picture Perfect doesn't stock the A3 size, are there other distributors in Oz? (after a Google search I don't think so...) Shipping from USA is quite expansive, so what do you people use to print in A3??
This lack of supplies in Australia is frustrating...

Old August 2nd, 2010 Aug 2, 2010 4:01:42 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinylDesign
Unfortunately Picture Perfect doesn't stock the A3 size, are there other distributors in Oz? (after a Google search I don't think so...) Shipping from USA is quite expansive, so what do you people use to print in A3??
This lack of supplies in Australia is frustrating...
You would think they'd stock the A3 paper. Seeing they sell A3 printers.

Old August 2nd, 2010 Aug 2, 2010 4:23:41 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hey Mate, How much do you need ?
I havent counting this one yet but i guess i have

200 Pcs for White
200 Pcs on Black
im willing to sell
cheers
Ferdz

Old August 3rd, 2010 Aug 3, 2010 1:00:50 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Simon
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am wondering whether or not I should go with the JetPro Sofstretch transfer paper or go with the ChromaBlast method.
What sort of window do people get with the JetPro?
Also what sort of feel on the t-shirt do you get?
Any feedback and advice on the product that hasn't already been said would be really helpful.

Old November 4th, 2010 Nov 4, 2010 2:34:22 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Terry

Just to let you guys know Picture Perfect Products is now stocking A3 size in Jet ProSofstretch and Jet Opaque. Beetson1

Old November 4th, 2010 Nov 4, 2010 2:47:58 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dora
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I bought direct from Coastal Business. It was MUCH cheaper than Picture perfect with shipping included. Don't just accept the shipping price in checkout. Email your order and ask for a shipping quote. I don't know why but the shipping cost in the checkout showed over $500!!!! When I emailed it came down to $148.00!
They had a special for T_shirt forum members and with the Australian dollar conversion at the moment it was still cheap with shipping!
Once conversions and shipping were calcuted within the cost I paid Inkjet dark A4 $1.34 per sheet, Inkjet light A4 $0.51 per sheet, Inkjet Light A3 $1.23 per sheet Inkjet dark A3 $2.15 per sheet.
The Australian dollar is even better at the moment so it should be cheaper!

Old March 17th, 2011 Mar 17, 2011 11:33:37 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizz
Sorry I forgot to add,

The epson R310 is a good printer to use, but the original oem ink I am not 100% sure about.
This printer has a Micro Piezo print head which is most favoured to be used for heat transfes paper. I think it's just the way these printers disperse the ink to form the image you get a much finer detailed result.

The inks that are mostly used and recommended are Pigment based inks. Epson stock Durabrite inks (pigment ink), but I don't know exactly what comes with the R210 & R310's.
I am using an Epson C110 the original ink cartridges are Durabrite (pigment) and these have come out really good. But the cartridge's don;t last as long so I've purchased a cis for this system with Pigment ink from SuperJet USA. Good price for system and shipping and arrived pretty fast. Actually it arrived faster than some of the items I've purchased locally from ebay!

However, you can also get Heat Transfer Inks, these ink I believe has been formulated to suit high temperatures. (Next ink I'm gonna purchase when I run out!). I've heard nothing but good feedback with these ink types. Check out InkJetCarts or Ink Supply they stock these.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Epson is telling me to use a T50 printer and haven't told me if it uses pigment ink what do you believe is the more appropriate printer to use to print on transfer paper to print on t-shirts. AlsoI,m based in the south west of WA and have always used heat set nylon and just starting to look at images, as I only print t-shirts as a side line but may go into it further if Iget the right advice. Do you know anything about self weeding transfer paper??

Old March 18th, 2011 Mar 18, 2011 12:04:59 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme t
Epson is telling me to use a T50 printer and haven't told me if it uses pigment ink what do you believe is the more appropriate printer to use to print on transfer paper to print on t-shirts. AlsoI,m based in the south west of WA and have always used heat set nylon and just starting to look at images, as I only print t-shirts as a side line but may go into it further if Iget the right advice. Do you know anything about self weeding transfer paper??
The Epson T50's use Claria Dye inks. They're not pigment inks.
The Epson T1100 uses pigment inks and prints up to A3 sizes.

As for self weeding paper, I have yet to try but would certainly like to find out more on this holds up. As for JPSS, top notch transfer paper for lights. I've got tees that have lasted many, many washes throughout the 3 or so years and still don't look like transfers.

Regards,

Old March 18th, 2011 Mar 18, 2011 12:17:19 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thankyou for the response so quickly, typical Epson was sending me in the wrong direction again. Where can I obtain the pigment inks for the T1100, is there any where AU based.

This is a discussion about [AUSTRALIA] JetPro SofStretch Transfer Paper that was posted in the Australia and New Zealand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in