Epson Printer and Pigment Ink Setup - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Australia and New Zealand
T-Shirt information for Australia and New Zealand

Epson Printer and Pigment Ink Setup

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 9th, 2008 May 9, 2008 7:46:25 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Epson Printer and Pigment Ink Setup

Hello is there anyone in Australia using an Epson Printer with Pigment inks cis?

If there are people using this setup could you please be so kind and provide me with your aussie epson model and the brand of pigment ink you are using and whether you need a color profile?

Your help would be appreciatted.

Thanks

Joe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2008 May 16, 2008 5:14:18 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,389 Posts

Default Re: Epson Printer and Pigment Ink Setup

Sorry you haven't gotten an answer to this yet, Joe. Maybe go to Epson - Exceed Your Vision. On the site, they allow you to choose your global location. Maybe you will be able to find some of the info you seek there. Good luck and best regards, Kelly

Old May 16th, 2008 May 16, 2008 5:39:17 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the reply.

I have figured this out.

Your so cool for replying.

Thanks Again.

Joe

Old May 16th, 2008 May 16, 2008 5:40:11 AM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: David
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephfrancis
Hello is there anyone in Australia using an Epson Printer with Pigment inks cis?

If there are people using this setup could you please be so kind and provide me with your aussie epson model and the brand of pigment ink you are using and whether you need a color profile?

Thanks

Joe
You might call Epson directly and tell them what you want to do.

Old May 16th, 2008 May 16, 2008 5:44:16 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi David thanks for replying as well.

You both rock.

Worse case scnerio for anyone in Aus looking for this setup checkout what people on here are using eg c88+ buy it from ebay US for about $105 or $110 (which includes the shipping), buy a voltage converter for about $55 which converets the printer voltage from 110 to 220 (100 watts is ample as these use about 20 watts) and you can run the same setup thats proven on here.

Coastal Business ship to Aus which I might add are awesome to deal with especially Kim and ink supply are also quick and prompot with what they do. Worse case scenerio you get slugged the $40 or $50 in shipping but your not guessing and your dealing with setups that are proven. If you are buying supplies in the US just go with bulk orders because the shipping costs would be the same for 50 sheets of paper compared with 200 or 400.

For less than whats qouted in aus you can save some money and go with the US version f you wanted to and all you are risking is the $110 in printer costs just in case anything goes wrong.

I hope this helps anyone looking for an answer.

Thanks Again.

Joe

Last edited by josephfrancis; May 16th, 2008 at 05:54 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to josephfrancis For This Useful Post:
Girlzndollz (May 16th, 2008)
Old May 16th, 2008 May 16, 2008 6:21:51 AM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: David
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Great that you got it worked out. Post some pics of your printed results and what you think about your system.

The Following User Says Thank You to MotoskinGraphix For This Useful Post:
josephfrancis (May 16th, 2008)
Old May 16th, 2008 May 16, 2008 6:35:51 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Quote:
Hi David thanks for replying as well.

You both rock.

Worse case scnerio for anyone in Aus looking for this setup checkout what people on here are using eg c88+ buy it from ebay US for about $105 or $110 (which includes the shipping), buy a voltage converter for about $55 which converets the printer voltage from 110 to 220 (100 watts is ample as these use about 20 watts) and you can run the same setup thats proven on here.

Coastal Business ship to Aus which I might add are awesome to deal with especially Kim and ink supply are also quick and prompot with what they do. Worse case scenerio you get slugged the $40 or $50 in shipping but your not guessing and your dealing with setups that are proven. If you are buying supplies in the US just go with bulk orders because the shipping costs would be the same for 50 sheets of paper compared with 200 or 400.

For less than whats qouted in aus you can save some money and go with the US version f you wanted to and all you are risking is the $110 in printer costs just in case anything goes wrong.

I hope this helps anyone looking for an answer.

Thanks Again.

Joe
You're very welcome, Joe, and thank you. Joe, this is a great post. Glad it worked out for you, and awesome job passing on the costs and supplier info, I'm sure it will help someone someday. Way to go! Best regards, Kelly

The Following User Says Thank You to Girlzndollz For This Useful Post:
josephfrancis (May 16th, 2008)
Old May 16th, 2008 May 16, 2008 9:36:25 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:

Thanks

Joe
Hi Joe,

How's it going?

Just to let you know I've made a few test prints during the week with 5 different printers on 5 or 6 different types of transfer papers also. I've mixed and matched paper types, inks and colour laser.
So far the BEST and I mean BEST print quality (image) that has come out of all these is the: Jetprosofstretch on an epson c110 using Durabrite Ultra (pigment) inks for lights. For darks : Jetdark, epson c110 (pigment). Settings I used: Best Photo quality, highest resolution, Matte paper.
I'll take pics of these before I press em and do some tests.

So far I am impressed with the durabrite inks with the JPSS. I'm wanting to use a cis from Rihac but they don't have one to suit as yet. I think I'll try their pigment inks first although I am open for other types.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what ink types to use for this set up?

Regards,

Tizz

Old May 17th, 2008 May 17, 2008 11:33:22 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Tizz,

Using pigment is the way to go. Regular dye ink ink is water soluable. If you get a chance to get a Heat Transfer Pigment ink, I've heard nothing but great stuff about that kind of ink. No color shifting, no having to adjust for the yellow (like with the Epson's and Durabrite.) The HT pigment inks are made especially for use in the heat of the press.

Since you use papers besides Jetprosofstretch, you have to stick with pigments, if you are looking to go bulk/CIS.

Best regards, Kelly

Old May 18th, 2008 May 18, 2008 12:57:53 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlzndollz
Tizz,

Using pigment is the way to go. Regular dye ink ink is water soluable. If you get a chance to get a Heat Transfer Pigment ink, I've heard nothing but great stuff about that kind of ink. No color shifting, no having to adjust for the yellow (like with the Epson's and Durabrite.) The HT pigment inks are made especially for use in the heat of the press.

Since you use papers besides Jetprosofstretch, you have to stick with pigments, if you are looking to go bulk/CIS.

Best regards, Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Using pigments is certainly the way to go.
I have just been reading a few posts regarding HT pigment inks and too have heard how good the results were.

I was impressed with the outcome of the durabrites with JPSS and Jet opaque these are the papers I only want to use.
Which reminds me, I would like to thank you for your posts in leading me to the light!.. lol. I have heard great stuff with thes T papers. These came out just as good as the prints. Very happy with the dark paper for black shirt (VERY HAPPY)... Just some slight imperfections with the lights (i think it maybe my design).
Can I ask you a question kelly? Can I use application tape to keep the designs in position then press, then peel off the app tape?

Thanks in advance.

Tizz

Old May 18th, 2008 May 18, 2008 1:05:28 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Tizz use heat transfer tape to hold this in place if you want.

Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizz
Hi Kelly,

Using pigments is certainly the way to go.
I have just been reading a few posts regarding HT pigment inks and too have heard how good the results were.

I was impressed with the outcome of the durabrites with JPSS and Jet opaque these are the papers I only want to use.
Which reminds me, I would like to thank you for your posts in leading me to the light!.. lol. I have heard great stuff with thes T papers. These came out just as good as the prints. Very happy with the dark paper for black shirt (VERY HAPPY)... Just some slight imperfections with the lights (i think it maybe my design).
Can I ask you a question kelly? Can I use application tape to keep the designs in position then press, then peel off the app tape?

Thanks in advance.

Tizz

Old May 18th, 2008 May 18, 2008 5:11:30 AM -   #12 (permalink)
TiD
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Where can you purchase pigment inks in aus?

Old May 18th, 2008 May 18, 2008 10:21:46 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Can I ask you a question kelly? Can I use application tape to keep the designs in position then press, then peel off the app tape? Thanks in advance. Tizz
Yes, like Joe said, you can use heat press tape, but if your design is basically one piece, the teflon sheet laid over top of the transfer paper will do the same job. That's the method I use because I think, for me, it's faster and easier. Once I place the teflon on top of the transfer paper, there's no more movement, everything is settled in place.

I think the tape is really helpful when working with lining up letters/numbers, or smaller pieces of a design that add up to one bigger design, but if not, I would choose the teflon because I think the tape would slow down getting to the hot peel too much.

It's really up to you. Folks on the forum use both methods, and both work as well. Good luck, Tizz, and thanks for the nice post. You're very welcome on the JPSS tip. Best regards, Kelly

Old May 19th, 2008 May 19, 2008 1:04:37 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks Kelly & Joe for the tip. I'll pick up some tape sometime this week. Only questions to this is: If this tape is to hold down my design/s to line them up and keep em in place, has there ever been a time in which the tape lifted the print while peeling? and does the image of the design look a little different from the parts in which the tape didn't adhere to? I think I can answer these questions once I've done the tests, but sorry guys I can't wait untill I get the tape.

Old May 19th, 2008 May 19, 2008 1:07:39 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Tizz,

The tape will be stuck to the back of the transfer paper hence it will not be stuck to the actual transfer.

Joe

This is a discussion about Epson Printer and Pigment Ink Setup that was posted in the Australia and New Zealand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in