Epson Printer and Pigment Ink Setup - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Australia and New Zealand
T-Shirt information for Australia and New Zealand

Epson Printer and Pigment Ink Setup

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 19th, 2008 May 19, 2008 1:14:41 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epson Printer and Pigment Ink Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiD
Where can you purchase pigment inks in aus?
Hi TiD,

There's a few companies in aus that stock pigments. Just off the top of my head Rihac sells them, but I don't have any info about these. Picture Perfect has Heat Transfer Inks *Perfect Ink* but I havn't seen them either. (test results).

Regards
Tizz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2008 May 19, 2008 1:30:22 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Tizz I am pretty sure the Picture Perfect inks are Dye inks not pigment.

Cheers.

Joe

Old May 19th, 2008 May 19, 2008 1:43:29 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Yeah, they do sell regular dye inks also. But they also offer Heat Transfer Inks, these I've read are better than Pigments, no colour shifting and don't have the same probs with pigments. I'm gonna try these inks when I put in a cis system.

Regards

Tizz.

Old May 19th, 2008 May 19, 2008 9:57:25 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlzndollz
Yes, like Joe said, you can use heat press tape, but if your design is basically one piece, the teflon sheet laid over top of the transfer paper will do the same job. That's the method I use because I think, for me, it's faster and easier. Once I place the teflon on top of the transfer paper, there's no more movement, everything is settled in place.

I think the tape is really helpful when working with lining up letters/numbers, or smaller pieces of a design that add up to one bigger design, but if not, I would choose the teflon because I think the tape would slow down getting to the hot peel too much.

It's really up to you. Folks on the forum use both methods, and both work as well. Good luck, Tizz, and thanks for the nice post. You're very welcome on the JPSS tip. Best regards, Kelly

Hi kelly,

What if my designs are for darks? I had a problem the other day, I had a design which was small and intricate with sharp points. I cut this all out by hand using a hobby blade. When the design was peeled from the backing paper the design curled up and I couldn't lay it flat on the press properly.
I have read somewhere (and I can;t seem to locate the post) that someone had used application paper on top of the design for darks then pressed this, then peeled off the app paper. Has anyone heard of this being done? or is this already a method.

Appreciate all your reply's

Tizz

Old May 19th, 2008 May 19, 2008 10:04:47 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Tizz one solution would be to get a wide Heat transfer tape. Its just an idea and I am not sure if such tape is available at 1" wide because if it is then you can use this type.

One other idea if you are going to do a few of these is to get a teflon sheet and cut a small piece that overlays your design by a couple of inches then lay a full teflon sheet over this. This should add some strength to holding it down.

Tape the small teflon down then place the other on top and press it. I think its just trial and error.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Old May 19th, 2008 May 19, 2008 10:51:16 PM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the tips. I'll make sure to get wide HT tape.
I was somewhat hoping to do what other transfers (plastisol/vinyl) do.
I pressed a vinyl sample the other day, peeled off the top clear application paper of the vinyl backing, stuck this onto a shirt and pressed it and peeled off the clear application paper. Just wondering if anyone has done this sort of method or has tried with using paper for dark shirts?
I'll try this once my application paper arrives.

Tizz

Old May 20th, 2008 May 20, 2008 4:14:51 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,389 Posts

Hi Tizz,

I'm not sure what application paper is. The only things that come to mind are carrier sheets, mostly, but I don't have a cutter, so I don't have them. I use the parchment that comes with the opaques, and then teflon on top. I don't have curling problems unless my design is smaller, and then, I just use the parchment with teflon on top to hold it down.

I have heard of a possible solution for you. A few people here use a tacky spray to hold their designs in place before pressing. The image of the thin whispy parts of your design curling made me think of it. I would think some searches on 'tacky spray' or 'spray adhesive' would return the threads. I'll take a look for you, if I find them I'll post them here, otherwise, some investigation on what that spray is may be the easiest solution for you.

Good luck, Tizz.

Old May 20th, 2008 May 20, 2008 4:37:31 AM -   #23 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/dye-sub...tml#post125418

Here's one for you, Tizz. I haven't used this stuff, haven't needed it. If you use this, will you update the thread and let us know if you like it and if it works well for you? Thanks so much.

Old May 20th, 2008 May 20, 2008 11:40:35 PM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlzndollz
Hi Tizz,

I'm not sure what application paper is. The only things that come to mind are carrier sheets, mostly, but I don't have a cutter, so I don't have them. I use the parchment that comes with the opaques, and then teflon on top. I don't have curling problems unless my design is smaller, and then, I just use the parchment with teflon on top to hold it down.
Hi Kelly,

I think it is the carrier paper. I've just read up on a post about magic mask. But this was used for vinyl. I don't know if this will work on transfer paper. What are your thoughts?

Regards

Tizz

Old May 21st, 2008 May 21, 2008 6:20:02 AM -   #25 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I don't know, Tizz, but a member who may is Chani. She works with both carriers, magic mask, has a plotter, vinyl, and she heat presses with JPSS. I'd say she'd have some insight for you. Interesting idea, if you find out, will you update the thread? Thanks, Tizz, and good luck. You can find Chani in this thread: https://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-pr...tml#post283282. If Chani can't help, it might be a good topic for a new thread if there's nothing out there on it. Best regards, Kelly

Old May 27th, 2008 May 27, 2008 9:28:57 PM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Justin

For Epson models in Australia any of the Durabrite ones will do (The "cheap" ones at the moent are the C90 (Print only) and CX5500 (all in one) both are around $60, some a little less on special.

I use these with great results so far (including a DTG setup) but don't yet have a CIS setup although they are advertised for the C90 model, (same internas in the CX5500 so should also work)

Old May 29th, 2008 May 29, 2008 7:57:48 PM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

I have used the Heat Transfer inks from Picture Perfect and think they are great. Highly recommend them great quality. I am using a Epson r310 with cis and a Epson r230 with cis. One has the heat transfer ink and the other sublimination ink. Couldn't be happier

Old May 29th, 2008 May 29, 2008 11:43:46 PM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Justin

Thanks for the info!

Old May 31st, 2008 May 31, 2008 4:51:43 PM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamron Designs
I have used the Heat Transfer inks from Picture Perfect and think they are great. Highly recommend them great quality. I am using a Epson r310 with cis and a Epson r230 with cis. One has the heat transfer ink and the other sublimination ink. Couldn't be happier
Hi Arron,

You mentioned your using Heat Transfer inks from Picture Perfect. Are these the one's labelled as *Perfect Inks*?
Do you get any colour shift with these? and I suppose the golden question that I just have to ask, do you get any left over ink (mostly yellow) stay on the backing paper once presses and peeled?

Regards
Tizz

Old May 31st, 2008 May 31, 2008 4:59:39 PM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Here is the link for the inks i use.
T-SHIRT TRANSFER Inks

I have no colour shift and there is no ink left over after it has been peeled at all. The only time it has left any ink is when it hasn't had enough pressure distributed evenly. I have just printed a few light items this week with alot of yellow with no ink left over.

Hope that helps

Arron

This is a discussion about Epson Printer and Pigment Ink Setup that was posted in the Australia and New Zealand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in