Ramo Clothing in Australia - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Australia and New Zealand
T-Shirt information for Australia and New Zealand

Ramo Clothing in Australia

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 11th, 2008 Mar 11, 2008 8:03:58 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Ramo Clothing in Australia

Does anybody know what the Ramo brand t-shirts are like? I am just looking for a cheap t-shirt, nothing too fancy. Also does anybody know where to purchase these in Australia?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 11th, 2008 Mar 11, 2008 10:07:41 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Tania
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: Ramo Clothing in Australia

Hi Singler3,

I haven't ever used RAMO shirts, but have seen them plenty of times at trade shows - they look very reasonable. The distributor is Hard Rock Clothing in NSW (02) 9558 8311

Good luck!
NLKreationz likes this.

Old March 12th, 2008 Mar 12, 2008 1:59:33 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Evo.
Hi Singler3,

I haven't ever used RAMO shirts, but have seen them plenty of times at trade shows - they look very reasonable. The distributor is Hard Rock Clothing in NSW (02) 9558 8311

Good luck!
Thanks heaps, that was very helpful.

Old March 13th, 2008 Mar 13, 2008 1:56:23 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Felicity

Hi,
we have used them and quite like them. They have a large colour and size range and are quite inexpensive.
Shiny also have similar products but I am yet to try them.
Felicity

Old March 17th, 2008 Mar 17, 2008 7:51:36 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by singler3
Does anybody know what the Ramo brand t-shirts are like? I am just looking for a cheap t-shirt, nothing too fancy. Also does anybody know where to purchase these in Australia?
Hi there,

When I first starting printing t-shirts just for myself and my friends, I was using shirts from Best N Less, obviously not the best quality Then I got onto a guy who lives near me who does custom screen printing/embroidery out of a medium sized industrial shopfront. As part of his business he keeps a large stock of blank RAMO shirts and sells them to the public for about $6/shirt. I went and talked to him and explained about how I wanted to move the business up a notch etc, told him that if he could give me a good price I would buy 10-20 shirts off him a week as my other ones sold, etc etc.

Well, long story short, he offered me a price of around $3.50 a shirt, and I went ahead with it. I was just selling the shirts on eBay, printed with my own designs for $20. People were happy with the quality, even if the sizes were a little on the "larger" side of things. When I started to do real-world stuff in shopping centres, however, I noticed that people weren't buying. After months of wondering why people wouldn't buy, and months of wearing my own designs, I realised why. The shirts weren't exactly wear-resistant, not if you were going to machine wash, and especially if you were going to tumble dry. The reason people weren't buying is because you can tell just by feeling the shirts that they're not top quality.

Now I understand that you're not going to get a shirt out there that recommends machine washing and tumble drying, but the fact is that my target audience is in the 15-30 range for the most part, and students especially. These are the people that are too lazy to hang washing, or live in apartments, and have to use tumble driers.

The guy I buy my shirts off changed suppliers, and he now gets JB shirts (www.johnnybobbin.com). Immediately my comments on eBay were changing from "good seller, great communication" etc, to "great quality shirt, nice quality print" etc. And, well, I sold about 150 shirts in the week I had a stall at a local shopping centre in the week before Christmas. I was very, very happy with the result, and as such I MUST recommend to you JB over RAMO, having used both.

Another BIG factor I forgot about until now, and really should be the first point I mention: The RAMO shirts required me to put a piece of parchment paper in between the two layers of the shirt while I printed. Especially with the whites and lighter colours, my Permaset inks were running through to the second side of the shirt! I have not experienced this with my JB shirts, even when I've thinned/retarded ink and on white shirts.

The Following User Says Thank You to etctees For This Useful Post:
Rodney (March 18th, 2008)
Old March 17th, 2008 Mar 17, 2008 8:13:18 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks for your reply. Could I ask which style of johnny bobbins shirt you are using? As i started using them when first looking for shirts and I found them to be good quality but their sizes and cuts were really bad in my opinion. The smalls were even much to large for my friends who normally wear a medium sized shirt. Also if you don't mind me asking how much are you paying for the JB's?

Old March 17th, 2008 Mar 17, 2008 8:34:43 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by singler3
Thanks for your reply. Could I ask which style of johnny bobbins shirt you are using? As i started using them when first looking for shirts and I found them to be good quality but their sizes and cuts were really bad in my opinion. The smalls were even much to large for my friends who normally wear a medium sized shirt. Also if you don't mind me asking how much are you paying for the JB's?
The problem you mention with the sizes, I encountered with the RAMO as well. That is the whole reason my supplier switched to JB - the sizes were the same. I am normally a med-large and I fit a small-med in both RAMO and JB, so from that point of view I was screwed either way. Since I sell online mostly, I have demand for XL-3XL anyway, so the sizes don't seem to be much of an issue. I use the standard tee, 1HT (Johnny Bobbin - JB s Tee.

I'm paying $3.50 ex gst per shirt for colours. I think the prices are meant to be $3.30 for whites, $3.40 for blacks, however I don't have an invoice handy.

Old March 18th, 2008 Mar 18, 2008 3:19:56 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

I hate the sizing of promotional clothing in the Australian blank t-shirt market. Makes me cringe whenever I hold up a size small and find out its 51cm armpit to armpit. But then again, these ARE promotional clothings and not really intended for retail fits.

I did recently get a batch of t-shirts from Identitee. Pretty nice fits and cuts, much more fashionable then RAMO, JB and all those players.

Old March 25th, 2008 Mar 25, 2008 4:42:18 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenjie
I hate the sizing of promotional clothing in the Australian blank t-shirt market. Makes me cringe whenever I hold up a size small and find out its 51cm armpit to armpit. But then again, these ARE promotional clothings and not really intended for retail fits.

I did recently get a batch of t-shirts from Identitee. Pretty nice fits and cuts, much more fashionable then RAMO, JB and all those players.
Hey zhenjie, would you mind sharing where you get your Identitees from? I've seen these shirts and like them, even though they attract a higher price. Much more fashion-forward, as they say. However, the only supplier I've been able to find is Splash Alley... and well... I've not had good experiences with them so far.

Old March 25th, 2008 Mar 25, 2008 5:24:34 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

Splash Alley..*shudders* at the thought of the prices they charge. I remember doing a Whois lookup on their domain name and calling up the admin contact listed, give that a shot! Still on holidays so don't have their details on me this week.

tip: thats how I find most contacts for particular brands of t-shirts. Just whois their domain names and they usually have a contact email or phone number.

Old March 27th, 2008 Mar 27, 2008 3:17:44 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Thanks for all of the info so far zhenjie - sorry to OP for the mini-hijack, but in the end I think we have the same problem, and zhenjie provided the solution.

By this I mean Identitee. I recieved my first sample shipment of theirs today, and boy do they blow the promo-wear labels out of the water. They're the first shirts my models actually wanted to keep Got in contact with them directly (though they call themselves Styletex International, thanks zhenjie for the great whois lookup tip!) and they can provide the "soho" range for $4.55 ex gst for no minimums, with nice price breaks above this. Not the best range of colours, but perfect for a small range of focused designs.

Old April 3rd, 2008 Apr 3, 2008 4:41:35 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Splash Alley..*shudders* at the thought of the prices they charge. I remember doing a Whois lookup on their domain name and calling up the admin contact listed, give that a shot! Still on holidays so don't have their details on me this week.

tip: thats how I find most contacts for particular brands of t-shirts. Just whois their domain names and they usually have a contact email or phone number.
Just a word of warning for Splash Alley. Get ready to be held to ransom for 3c. Biggest bunch of f**wits you will ever deal with.

I needed a job urgently and they blankly refused to process my order and stuffed me around for 2 days because they said I underpaid the bill by 3c. This is despite that fact that they first tried to overcharge me. Then did not send an adjusted invoice when they promised to do so in 10 minutes. Then tried to overcharge me again. Then refused to process the order until I had paid that 3c.

Then they wanted me to deposit $1 (minimum electronic transfer amount) to cover that 3c.

Rant over!

Old May 3rd, 2008 May 3, 2008 8:06:05 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

dose any body have identitee --- contemporary corporate clothing contact info or email please i want to order from these guys i hate the long and old wide t-shirts im using from johnnybobbin and ramo

Old May 3rd, 2008 May 3, 2008 7:42:31 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by etctees
Thanks for all of the info so far zhenjie - sorry to OP for the mini-hijack, but in the end I think we have the same problem, and zhenjie provided the solution.

By this I mean Identitee. I recieved my first sample shipment of theirs today, and boy do they blow the promo-wear labels out of the water. They're the first shirts my models actually wanted to keep Got in contact with them directly (though they call themselves Styletex International, thanks zhenjie for the great whois lookup tip!) and they can provide the "soho" range for $4.55 ex gst for no minimums, with nice price breaks above this. Not the best range of colours, but perfect for a small range of focused designs.
Would you please have the contact number for Styletex International?

Thanks

Joe

Old November 9th, 2008 Nov 9, 2008 2:02:41 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Be nice, this is my first post :)

i have used ramo tees. and am trying to get as far away from them as possible.
terrible quality, they shrink about 2 sizes smaller, stretch out of shape, dont hold they're shape.
i would only reccommend them to my competition haha

This is a discussion about Ramo Clothing in Australia that was posted in the Australia and New Zealand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in