Anyone know where in Australia I can get hemp tshirts printed up? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Australia and New Zealand
T-Shirt information for Australia and New Zealand

Anyone know where in Australia I can get hemp tshirts printed up?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 8th, 2008 Jan 8, 2008 7:47:30 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone know where in Australia I can get hemp tshirts printed up?

Hi all,

Been googling like crazy all afternoon and finally found this place, hope it comes good as a last resort for what I need!

I'm looking for a company that can print up some designs on hemp tshirts, a smallish run of promotional ones for now but with more designs etc to follow later this year. I've got a mate back home in the UK who can get them sorted but would like them turned around quicker.

Does anyone know of a crew in Australia who does this?

Cheers,

Damian

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2008 Jan 11, 2008 3:50:47 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Felicity

Default Re: Anyone know where in Australia I can get hemp tshirts printed up?

Hi,
I noticed this message was still unanswered so I thought I would at least feedback to you. Hopefully I don't sound dim asking these questions.

Firstly, do you want someone to source the shirts and then print them for you or do you have the shirts?

You say you are in Australia...but where?

What sort of printing do you need... as you can tell from this forum there are lots of ways to put stuff on shirts

I'd love to help you and do have some contact names of various companies who may be able to help you with printing but it depends on what you want and where you are.

having just set up our business in Sept07 I know what it is like trying to find the right person for your job...it can be like a needle in a haystack!

Cheers
Felicity

Old January 11th, 2008 Jan 11, 2008 4:21:40 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hi Felicity,

Sorry, I should have provided more info!

We would need the shirts sourced as well as printed. The shirts will be a fairly simple design (a company logo, 2-colour) so (I guess) sublimation should be okay (but correct me if I'm wrong. I'm about as technical as a bar of soap.)

Most of our clients are record labels, festivals, run pretty much by hippies, hence the hemp connection ;-) If there is an option to print on hemp shirts with organic inks on a press that's all powered sustainably etc etc etc then this would be a good draw! If this can be sourced then I'd want to go ahead with getting some of my own designs done, I used to sell a few thru Spreadshirt when I lived in the UK and there's definitely a market among the unwashed hippies here... =)

I'm based in Melbourne but it's not essential for me to be dealing with people face to face... key thing at this point is someone who could turn them around in the next couple of weeks before the festival season starts up.

Hope that helps narrow things down a little. Thanks again!

Damian

Old January 11th, 2008 Jan 11, 2008 6:07:32 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Tania
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Hi Damian,

Welcome to the forums!
You've mentioned sublimation, so I'll chip in - since that's the printing method I'm using.

With dye sublimation any number of colours is fine - even photographic images are easily done because the process is digital. There are generally no minimums to print and usually there's pretty quick turn around time.
However, I don't think this printing method is suitable for your purposes, because sublimation can't be done on natural fabrics. This process is only suitable for man-made fabrics like polyester. While there is a range of polyester products that look and feel like cotton, provide excellent breathabilty and comfort - I guess your target market wouldn't be too keen on this kind of t-shirts.

I just Googled hemp clothing in Australia and the search came up with a lot of results. If you will talk to suppliers they might be able to recommend some printing companies that will do the printing for you.

Good luck with it!

Old January 12th, 2008 Jan 12, 2008 1:26:28 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Felicity

Hi Damian,

I am glad that Tania explained sublimation as I have no idea!
We mainly do heat transfers, and what you are talking about certainly lends itself to that. There is a huge range of types of heat press transfers and I am sure a couple of companies we deal with use eco inks.

The price of the tansfer is cheaper with less colours and if you plan do a small run and then a larger run in the future using the same logo there would be no set up costs.

Regards,

Felicity

Old January 12th, 2008 Jan 12, 2008 4:40:46 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Eco-inks sound like they might be the way to go.

Sounds like hemp might be a bit complicated so I'm starting to think that shirts made from organic cotton might be the way forward. Are these easier to come by in Oz?

Old January 15th, 2008 Jan 15, 2008 4:50:06 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

I've never had experience with hemp shirts. Not so readily available in Australia.

Done a few small orders on organic cotton using DTG, they turned out pretty nicely.

Old January 15th, 2008 Jan 15, 2008 7:15:18 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by demented2012
Eco-inks sound like they might be the way to go.

Sounds like hemp might be a bit complicated so I'm starting to think that shirts made from organic cotton might be the way forward. Are these easier to come by in Oz?

Dude I just printed on some organic cotton shirts for a friend on the Gold Coast, I think he also knows where to get hemp ones. I guess timeframes are too tight now. Funnily enough I know the organic cotton t-shirt supplier just had a massive sale on plain whites, but I knocked it back just in case I got stuck with them.

I'll get more info and get back to you.

[email protected]

Old January 15th, 2008 Jan 15, 2008 10:25:44 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Hemp shirts can be obtained from: Hemp WA

Organic Cotton from: Organic Cotton Advantage for 100% Organic Clothing

Old January 16th, 2008 Jan 16, 2008 1:12:00 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeordieLad
Hemp shirts can be obtained from: Hemp WA

Organic Cotton from: Organic Cotton Advantage for 100% Organic Clothing
Hi Damian,
You can try T-Shirts, Personalised T-Shirts, Custom T-Shirts - by Custom Your Shirt which services and delivers anywhere in Australia, and also JETPRINTZ-UNDERCONSTRUCTION (digital printing only) or for silk-screen printing you can try Print 'n' Wear. The last two are on the Gold Coast. I think they all use low-toxic water based inks as well. I've looked into them, as I am also in Oz and starting my business with organic tee shirts as well.
all the best and let me know how it goes
Aesha108

Old March 20th, 2020 Mar 20, 2020 3:27:23 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Mad Dog Promotions

Hi Damian,

Looking for Custom T-shirts in Austraila? Go here to get custom made t-shirts.

Old June 27th, 2020 Jun 27, 2020 2:49:41 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Aisha

Hi Damian

I might be able to help if the quantity is large enough. What the quantity of each style?

Thanks
Aisha

Old June 27th, 2020 Jun 27, 2020 8:17:30 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Hi Damian,

Happy to help. We are based in Heidelberg West in Victoria and ship Australia-wide. Please message me if you like.

Hope it is ok to post this as I am just responding to a question.

Cheers Peter

This is a discussion about Anyone know where in Australia I can get hemp tshirts printed up? that was posted in the Australia and New Zealand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in