[NEW SOUTH WALES - AU] - Sublimation Printing - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Australia and New Zealand
T-Shirt information for Australia and New Zealand

[NEW SOUTH WALES - AU] - Sublimation Printing

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 10th, 2014 Mar 10, 2014 6:49:04 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Tom
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sublimation Printing

Hey mate,
Cheers for the info
I got a pillow and it works a lot better but I keep getting ghosting from the Teflon sheet. I actually got the sheet from gjs so it's good quality. I tried wiping it over after pressing but it's as if it is imprinting itself into the sheet. I've attached a photo for you to show you what I mean. I am pressing at 204 degrees Celsius for 42 seconds. If I can get rid of the bloody faded print I'd be right haha. Thanks heaps for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ghosting.JPG (1.45 MB, 13 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 10th, 2014 Mar 10, 2014 9:14:11 PM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Brian

ok humour me....... Take the sheet of and on the same orientation. Try not to rotate it around.
I have had this before as I said with low quality paper. But I have found that printing solid black you can still get it like you have. Just take the Teflon sheet of and on the same way.
I use the 200 degrees and 45 seconds.

Old March 11th, 2014 Mar 11, 2014 2:56:07 PM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

It's really to line it up exactly because the print that doubles on the Teflon sheet is barely visible. I'm gonna try putting baking paper down and then the Teflon sheet over it. Dunno how great that will be as the baking paper is very thin but I will let ya know. Cheers for the help

Old March 11th, 2014 Mar 11, 2014 4:10:55 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

So I had success with the baking paper laid down before the Teflon sheet. When you fix one problem another arises. The heat resistant tape is now leaving marks on each corner. Think I may try the adhesive spray

Old March 11th, 2014 Mar 11, 2014 4:52:51 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hey Damo,
What brand is the contact adhesive you get from Spotlight?

This is a discussion about Sublimation Printing that was posted in the Australia and New Zealand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in