[QUEENSLAND - AUSTRALIA] - New T-Shirt label/Brand - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Australia and New Zealand
T-Shirt information for Australia and New Zealand

[QUEENSLAND - AUSTRALIA] - New T-Shirt label/Brand

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 13th, 2012 Nov 13, 2012 1:10:37 AM -   #16 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New T-Shirt label/Brand

hello i like your brand .... if you need printed design let me know.

my designs follow the link ...

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/europe/t205028.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 26th, 2012 Nov 26, 2012 3:53:16 PM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Asyari

im interested ... very nice and hopefully I could have a bussiness printing tshirt like you... huh

Old December 13th, 2012 Dec 13, 2012 3:30:20 PM -   #18 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Rob

Thanks everyone for the kind words, really appreciate it!

Just in response to Wiggum, the reason they're expensive is because we're having them printed here in Australia with a large print on the front as well as the printed tags. We're also using the quality AS Colour shirts which aren't cheap then we invested a bit of money into the packaging also...

You can see roughly here how quick it adds up!
  • Blanks: $11 - $13
  • Front Prints: $23 - $35
  • Label Prints: $10
  • Packaging: $5
  • Shipping: $5

Anyway, the next run will be much cheaper hopefully! I've also setup a discount code again for you guys which will give you 50% off everything. I'm just really interested in getting some feedback from people who actually have the product.

Just enter T-SHIRTFORUM on checkout to get 50% off, so that will make all girls shirts only $14.50 and guys shirts only $19.50!

Thanks...

Old December 13th, 2012 Dec 13, 2012 6:22:14 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Steph
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Looks pretty good to me.

Be careful with saying they are 'made' in Australia though, as ASColour is not Australian Made. Printed and designed is fine, but I think most people believe that if you say your stuff is made in Australia that they physical shirts are made here as well. You aren't using the actual Australian Made symbol, so I doubt you'd run into trouble, just if people buy it, and then see made in Bangladesh (I think that is where ASColour is made) then they might be upset.

Cheers,
Stephanie
getub likes this.

Old December 13th, 2012 Dec 13, 2012 6:28:34 PM -   #20 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Rob

Ooops yes of course Trexart! Sorry, I have printed on the labels 'Designed and Printed in Australia'... don't know what I was thinking saying that!

Old December 13th, 2012 Dec 13, 2012 6:41:11 PM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Steph
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

No, that's okay, I was actually saying that from your website, under Our Story.

I sympathize with you at how hard it is to do stuff here. I just had a look at ASColour. I haven't been to their site in awhile, they have really added a lot of stuff. When we were looking for blanks initially, they only really had a couple of basics.

We are actually going back to looking at blanks after manufacturing our own as it is just getting way too expensive, unless you are a large brand, to get anything manufactured here. It is a real shame.

Cheers,
Steph

Old February 22nd, 2013 Feb 22, 2013 3:22:46 PM -   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Tim

Default New T-Shirt label/Brand

Hello mate your tshirt designs are pretty awesome. What I would think would bring it more to life is If you had people modeling the tshirts. It would get a sense of feel as to what they look like on someone. :-)
Cheers mate

Old February 24th, 2013 Feb 24, 2013 12:34:58 PM -   #23 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Matt

Awesome designs. good luck

Old February 27th, 2013 Feb 27, 2013 3:50:21 AM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Dale

great stuff mate, Looks like top quality and the price does seem fair, 100% aussie made and designed is a great benifit.

Wanted to see if you could answer some things for me about your brand and pricing.

You said before that your losing money on each shirt (selling them a $40 each).....How much is it costing for you to have these shirts made!?!?! sounds like your getting ripped off 10 fold on who ever is printing them for you.

you said its DTG and your using 180 GSM 100% Combed Cotton shirts, been making tee's for years now and that price just doesnt add up, i think based on what you've said you need to look somewhere else, TONS of places in australia can do that for much much less.

Also wanted to ask, If your rich already? to sell shirts at a loss or to not even break even is just killing your business.

i know at the start of every business its much harder to make tons of profit, but it does seem like you have gone over board with some of your costs.

again in one of your posts you said you where getting custom made packaging......and you've only just started your brand.

I'm no way at all telling you how to run your own business at all, and i hope my question's don't sound harsh, but reading thru it does sound like you have been given alot of bad advice on where your funds to be put to and how to manage that.

Have your done TAFE of UNI course's on business management? the only thing i can think of is that your already rolling in the cash so your trying to pump it into a clothing brand.

my suggestions are to find another printing(regardless of how good they come out, you losing money at $40 a shirt is just INSANE!)

Forget custom made packaging for now, buy some cheap plain white or black or whatever color boxes and some nice colored tissue paper from GOLO or the reject shop for cheap and put it all together yourself if you have to have custom packaging.

Or clear poly bags with a little logo on them or something.

Custom packaging is a really wicked idea, but when your already losing money on your brand, its best to try and lower costs and put that money where its more needed.

Sorry if i've come off like a bit of an Di#%. But i do see this alot happening these days (people starting clothing brands and lose everything due to poor spending) and i wish people would take more time to look at the big picture.

Hope this has helped, i do love your brand tho, great website design and tee's look tops mate.
getub likes this.

Old February 27th, 2013 Feb 27, 2013 5:52:50 PM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Paz

I have to agree with DNR: printing costs are over-inflated.There are plenty of people on this forum that could print for a lot less
I have just invested in a Brother GT381 and based on my costing structure I could do it for 60% -65% of that.
PM me if interested

Old January 13th, 2014 Jan 13, 2014 4:50:54 AM -   #26 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Weeksy

Hey, Paz - was that 60% - 65% of the price, or am I just wishful thinking in hoping that you meant 60% - 65% OFF that price?

Old January 14th, 2014 Jan 14, 2014 1:14:07 AM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by inobscurity
Hey, Paz - was that 60% - 65% of the price, or am I just wishful thinking in hoping that you meant 60% - 65% OFF that price?
35-40% OFF or 60-65 of the original price.
60% off is a bit of a stretch

Old November 7th, 2014 Nov 7, 2014 6:07:42 PM -   #28 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Design is very good. I think the price is too expensive for USD $40.

Old February 11th, 2015 Feb 11, 2015 6:00:40 AM -   #29 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Tovia

Really nice designs and really nice website, i have to agree with a few other post, the tees in a photo shoot would give them more life, or if you feel like they would be cool in a club or music festival, then why wouldn't you shoot at those places with people you're targeting to sell to. @DNR I thought your advice was awesome thank you...

This is a discussion about New T-Shirt label/Brand that was posted in the Australia and New Zealand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in