[NEW SOUTH WALES - AU] - Wanted - GX-24 or similar for Mac - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Australia and New Zealand
T-Shirt information for Australia and New Zealand

[NEW SOUTH WALES - AU] - Wanted - GX-24 or similar for Mac

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 17th, 2012 Jun 17, 2012 4:22:56 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Andrew
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Wanted - GX-24 or similar for Mac

Hi, I'm in search of a decent vinyl cutter to start up a basic business mainly for my local area. I have a fairly modest budget for what I intend to do.

If anyone knows where I can source a GX-24 or an equivalent model (even an older GX series?) for a reasonable price let me know please!

Thanks, Andrew

And despite my location being the Central Coast of NSW, I'm willing to pickup from East coast capitals, depending on the price!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 25th, 2012 Jun 25, 2012 10:41:00 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Raymond

Default Re: Wanted - GX-24 or similar for Mac

Hi AndrewJS,

The GX-24 will run on a MAC (out of adobe illustrator). Although it is recommended that you use it on a PC.

Give me a call/e-mail (our details are on our web page Prytec Solutions - Roland - Fusion 32 - CadLink - Prytec Solutions) and I will see what I can do for you.

Kind Regards,

Prytec Solutions.

Old June 26th, 2012 Jun 26, 2012 12:02:26 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytec Solutions
Hi AndrewJS,

The GX-24 will run on a MAC (out of adobe illustrator). Although it is recommended that you use it on a PC.

Give me a call/e-mail (our details are on our web page Prytec Solutions - Roland - Fusion 32 - CadLink - Prytec Solutions) and I will see what I can do for you.

Kind Regards,

Prytec Solutions.
Hi, thanks for the reply.
I was able to secure a used unit in Sydney with various rolls of vinyl for a reasonable price.

For future reference to anyone seeking to buy one new, the cheapest I could find was for $2400 inc gst, postage and stand. This was from Protec CNC on eBay.

GJS Machinery contacted me and were unable to match this, quoting me $2600 inc gst and stand if I were to pick it up.

It seems that there isn't much competition for these in Australia and as such the prices are heavily inflated. GJS for instance weren't willing to reduce profits by $200 to achieve a sale, when it is obvious that Protec would be doing the same through fees and postage. Just some food for thought for those suppliers.

Old June 26th, 2012 Jun 26, 2012 12:16:05 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

We can match it. Glad you found one.

Old June 26th, 2012 Jun 26, 2012 12:22:50 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: James
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I run it using my mac and AI and have great results the only issue I have is sometimes on text or 90* angles etc sometimes it will have a very small gap and usually its fine and just weeds out without having to cut manually etc but sometimes it doesn't can be a pain but thats pretty rare.

Does anyone know a solid fix for this if there is one?

Other have told me their machines (both same model and different models/brands) have the same issue and that its a normal thing since its so small its not always addressed or even noticed for many users/shops.

I have my angles all set right which is .250 I believe If I remember correctly and I use both 45* and 60* blades both roland brand name that came with it and a generic brand which works equally as well.

Old June 26th, 2012 Jun 26, 2012 1:26:11 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfish
I run it using my mac and AI and have great results the only issue I have is sometimes on text or 90* angles etc sometimes it will have a very small gap and usually its fine and just weeds out without having to cut manually etc but sometimes it doesn't can be a pain but thats pretty rare.

Does anyone know a solid fix for this if there is one?

Other have told me their machines (both same model and different models/brands) have the same issue and that its a normal thing since its so small its not always addressed or even noticed for many users/shops.

I have my angles all set right which is .250 I believe If I remember correctly and I use both 45* and 60* blades both roland brand name that came with it and a generic brand which works equally as well.
45 deg cutter offset should be 0.75
50 deg cutter offset is 0.25
Not sure where you got a 60deg cutter.

This is a discussion about Wanted - GX-24 or similar for Mac that was posted in the Australia and New Zealand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in