[VICTORIA - AUSTRALIA] - What vinyl suppliers do you use? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Australia and New Zealand
T-Shirt information for Australia and New Zealand

[VICTORIA - AUSTRALIA] - What vinyl suppliers do you use?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 18th, 2010 Oct 18, 2010 3:43:53 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dora
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default What vinyl suppliers do you use?

I am looking for vinyl suppliers in Oz. I want good quality results. Who and what have you used with success? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 19th, 2010 Oct 19, 2010 2:34:24 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Chris
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: What vinyl suppliers do you use?

connect enterprise have been ok for me. they are in carrum downs

Old October 19th, 2010 Oct 19, 2010 2:43:56 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Thanks but I should have been clearer in my question. I am looking for heat applied vinyls for T-shirts. Good contact for decals though!

Old October 19th, 2010 Oct 19, 2010 3:23:57 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Chris

for you to cut or pre cut?, i get ps videoflex from them then run it through my cutter

Old October 19th, 2010 Oct 19, 2010 8:00:24 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Janet

Try this thread https://www.t-shirtforums.com/austral...d/t128868.html
I know Kim t2 AU was doing a co op.... join together to buy. I know that she has some she would be glad to sell to you at a fab price. It is heat apply vinyl.
Hope this helps.
Janet

Old October 19th, 2010 Oct 19, 2010 9:32:58 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Thanks. We have been in contact! Loooove the networking!

Old October 19th, 2010 Oct 19, 2010 9:53:34 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Janet

Me too bset thing about forums, knowledge sharing, idea swapping and networking

Old October 19th, 2010 Oct 19, 2010 11:12:23 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Tania
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Velflex, Stahls Pacific, GJS Machinery... I know they sell vinyl, but since I don't use it - I can't comment on quality, price, etc.

Old October 20th, 2010 Oct 20, 2010 12:07:10 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: John

I use Hexis Vinyls good service from Scott and Micheal Stickittome | Home
Cheers John

Old October 29th, 2010 Oct 29, 2010 7:37:05 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Sue

Hi Dora

I am new to Heat Transfer Vinyl as well and have only done a couple of jobs with it but have done a bit of research into companies in Australia that stock HTV.

The one's I have found are GJS Machinery, Conect, Power Digital, Adzon, Roxcell and Qualsign. I won't post their websites, you should be able to find them through Google. The material seems to be quite similar although the only one I have pressed onto shirts was from GJS which I am happy with so far.

Prices are quite similar across these companies, Power Digital and Roxcell I found to be the cheaper ones and Velflex was more expensive than the others. As for performance I can't really comment. I have only used the GJS Flex twice so far, one for a job in 1 colour and the other I had a practice layering a 2 colour design.

I was actually just searching through the forum to find out if anyone had done a review or had tested the different companies products and whether anyone had found one to be of better quality/durability/price than the others when I clicked on your thread.

I would also like to know if anyone else out there has tested the various Heat Transfer Vinyl and can recommend the best one in regards to price, durability and quality??

The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Gecko For This Useful Post:
fedoraoriginali (November 9th, 2010)
Old October 30th, 2010 Oct 30, 2010 2:39:13 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Kim

Hi guys

When I need more than 3 or 4 meters of HTV I find it most economical to bring it in from China (isn't it gobsmacking that you can bring a 25m roll of vinyl in from China for about the price of buying 3 or 4 meters of the same thing in Australia). If I just want a smaller amount I go to Andrew at Magic Image Transfer (www.magicimagetransfer.com.au) in Victoria. His prices are on a par to other people but his service has been excellent. I would recommend him without a moments hesitation. I don't know what brand vinyl he sells as I have never asked.

Kim

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kim_t2_au For This Useful Post:
Beau682 (February 28th, 2012), Janet and Tim (October 30th, 2010)
Old October 30th, 2010 Oct 30, 2010 6:05:22 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Hi Kim

Thanks for the info. Can you please give me some more information on sourcing vinyl from China?
How much is the vinyl in general?

Is it really as cheap as what a few metres from an Aussie supplier would cost?
And how much is the shipping?
What is the process involved?
I am only just starting out so not sure if I would need 25m rolls but would I be better to buy that way considering the discounted cost?
And would the vinyl go off if I didn't use it all in a certail amount of time?

Sorry to bombard you with questions, just want to get my suppliers right from the start. With the co-op you did, will you be doing another order in the future? Maybe you could become a supplier if the current suppliers are charging so much.

Sue

Old October 31st, 2010 Oct 31, 2010 5:53:54 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Kim

Hi Sue

No problems, I am more than happy to share information. I get my vinyl from Creativebead in China. I found them via aliababa. The cost of the vinyl depends on what type of vinyl you are buying. Creative Bead has 5 different types of vinyl (regular matt type pu, glitter, hologram, foil and PVC.) I can't comment on the price at the moment as they had a price increase on October 1st and I haven't got their up to date price list. If you want their old price list/colour chart I am more than happy to forward it to you but you will have to send me your email addy as I don't think I can attach it to a PM.

The shipping cost depends very much on how much you order. There is the basic price for just one roll and then the cost goes up in decreasing increments with each roll. Gosh that sounds rather convoluted, what I am trying to say is that the cost of freight for each additional roll is less than the previous roll. I can't remember the final figure but I think one 25m roll was about $80 to freight, while 5 rolls of vinyl plus a 100m roll of the transfer tape for rhinestones worked out around $300 or roughly $1.40ish per meter overall.

I sat and did my figures on some glitter vinyl and it worked out that if I needed to buy more than 3.5 meters of one colour here in Australia (about $27/m here) then it was worth bringing a 25m roll in from China.

The process was really easy. I contacted the company via alibaba and got samples sent over (I paid for freight), then there was lots of emails back and forth as I struggled with the concept of sending money to a company I didn't know. Finally I bit the bullet and ordered the vinyl. The company sent me a proforma invoice and I paid via paypal. My vinyl left their warehouse about 4 days later and was with me 3 or 4 days after that (there was a weekend in the delivery time so it might have been quicker if there hadn't been any weekend).

The products were delivered to my door. They were well packaged, undamaged and exactly what I ordered. I was really happy with the quality.

With the co-op I ended up paying by Western Union to try and save money on the transaction fees that the company charged back from paypal. However I spent lots of time worrying that someone else would collect the money or something and then my credit card company ended up temporarily freezing my credit card as I had never used it for Western Union before. Apparently Western Union transfers are a classic way that thieves get money from stolen credit cards. To be honest I would go back to paypal and just save myself the worrying.

I can't say enough good things about Creativebead. I have had samples of their rhinestones as well and I like what I am seeing. The transfer tape for the rhinestones is great.

If you want to PM me your address I am happy to pop a couple of vinyl samples in the post, it will save you the cost of freight on a sample pack from China although you would get a greater variety of samples from China.

If you do end up ordering from them, would you let me know beforehand as I asked for some samples with the last order and they got left in the warehouse (hmmmmmm) and also, in hindsight, I wish I had ordered some of their rhinestones, I'd ask if you'd add the rhinestones to your order and forward them to me (please).

Kim

The Following User Says Thank You to Kim_t2_au For This Useful Post:
Purple Gecko (October 31st, 2010)
Old October 31st, 2010 Oct 31, 2010 6:22:19 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks so much Kim. Will definitely PM you my details. And would certainly be happy to order the rhinestones for you if I go ahead with an order.

Old November 9th, 2010 Nov 9, 2010 4:31:24 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Simon

DTK in SA
08 8357 5244

Dan or Tanya

Always helpful, and if i get the order in early enough its here the next day. They will also cut stuff for you so you just have to heat press it on.

This is a discussion about What vinyl suppliers do you use? that was posted in the Australia and New Zealand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in