[QUEENSLAND - AUSTRALIA] - carousel printing press - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Australia and New Zealand
T-Shirt information for Australia and New Zealand

[QUEENSLAND - AUSTRALIA] - carousel printing press

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 17th, 2010 Feb 17, 2010 12:41:23 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: rudy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default carousel printing press

hi everyone! just need some direction concerning a good 6 colour 4 station manual carousel press. so far i've managed to narrow it down to gilrow and adtec...or shipping that riley hopkins 6x4 all the way from the u.s.
can anyone share their experiences with their presses good and bad?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 17th, 2010 Feb 17, 2010 12:59:56 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Bernie
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: carousel printing press

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr rudy
hi everyone! just need some direction concerning a good 6 colour 4 station manual carousel press. so far i've managed to narrow it down to gilrow and adtec...or shipping that riley hopkins 6x4 all the way from the u.s.
can anyone share their experiences with their presses good and bad?

Hi I cannot help you out on press reviews as mine is basic , however there is another option for you , I am not sure if you have looked at it . The M&R Sidewinder

M&R Textile :: Sidewinder R Series :: Overview

and they have an Australian Distributor

Uniscreen Pty Ltd
4-6 Junction Street
Auburn NSW 2144
Australia
Phone:
61-296-481-256
I have no idea what this press sells for here . It is one I would look at if I had the money

Old February 17th, 2010 Feb 17, 2010 1:22:55 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bern
Hi I cannot help you out on press reviews as mine is basic , however there is another option for you , I am not sure if you have looked at it . The M&R Sidewinder

M&R Textile :: Sidewinder R Series :: Overview

and they have an Australian Distributor

Uniscreen Pty Ltd
4-6 Junction Street
Auburn NSW 2144
Australia
Phone:
61-296-481-256
I have no idea what this press sells for here . It is one I would look at if I had the money

thx bern

i contacted uniscreen and got the quote on a 6x4 m&r chameleon...$11,845 to get it to brisbane port! back to plan A.... the riley hopkins is $2,795 (u.s) shipping $663 (u.s)...so the figures speak for themselves. my dilemma is are locally made presses just as good because i'll buy aussie made in heartbeat if its the goods.
i'd love to hear all your guys war stories.

Old February 18th, 2010 Feb 18, 2010 5:49:05 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I am thinking of doing the same.I have been looking at getting "workhorse" 6x6 from the states.

Rudy (cool name btw), when you say shipping $663 is that the total cost or is there any other fee's associated with bring machinery in from the states?

I worked on a Riley Hopkins about 8 yrs ago ...Great although i found the Micro's can break easily if adjusting them to much,but a very sturdy press.
I have a GJS press...no bells or whistles but it's real sturdy, there's no give in the arms at all and holds rego real well.Very Over priced
I have used Adtec before and hated it.
Leapfrog do some carousel's,i think their just relabled Gilrows.6x4 $5000ish for memory.
The US just seem to make quality carousels, like there heat press's.Stay away from the Chinese made ones!

The Following User Says Thank You to rudi For This Useful Post:
mr rudy (February 21st, 2010)
Old February 19th, 2010 Feb 19, 2010 2:12:12 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: michael

How can you sell a hand press for nearly $ 12000.00. Obviously don't sell many. Back in the old days in London. I had both Hopkins and workhorse carousels. Both excellent. The Hopkins were 6x4 and workhorse 8x8 I think ( For sampling ) We also had the M&R Gauntlet automatic. 10x10 which was a work of art. You could program flash sequences upto 3 cycles. Obviously a bit slow. But great prints.
For me Hopkins wins it hands down. Easy to use. Very light (Makes a diference after a long day ) and very
easy to set up. Plus I like their micro reg and interchangable boards.
Have also looked into import ( Also their redair flashes are good.)
Anybody know if the prices quoted with shipping are final. i.e are there any import taxes to be paid and how long would it take door to door. Although I don't have a door at the moment..

The Following User Says Thank You to sydneyside For This Useful Post:
mr rudy (February 21st, 2010)
Old February 21st, 2010 Feb 21, 2010 11:45:13 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Rudy,
Hello and good day to you sir. I have received your email for an estimate for the Hopkins 6/4 press. And I have an ocean rate for you’re here. if you wish an official estimate please let me know and I will be most happy to get that to you as well.
Hopkins 6/4 press: $2,795.00
Shipping: $ 663.69 This is Ocean freight to the dock only in Brisbane. 1 crate: 48x48x48 and 492 lbs. This does not include any customs charges, duties or taxes.
Let me know what you think, or what questions you may have and I will be happy to help with anything. Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you.

Don Garrison
International Sales/Tech Support
Ryonet Corporation

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr rudy For This Useful Post:
bern (February 21st, 2010), rudi (March 4th, 2010)
Old February 21st, 2010 Feb 21, 2010 9:14:05 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: michael

Thanks for that.
Will look into that.
Also there seems to be 2 distributors for Hopkins.
Mr Riley Hopkins himself and I can't remember the name of the other co.
(They used to be the manufacturers of Hopkins and bought them out )
They both have different models of the traditional 6x4.
Which ones better?
The one with the joystick for rego. ( Riley Hopkins )
Or the one with the original micro reg. The other company
Any feedback would be much appreciated..

Old February 23rd, 2010 Feb 23, 2010 8:24:07 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Daniel

I currently have an ADTEC 4 colour 1 station and love it as it suits what I use it for.
There is a seller on ebay who does what your after and they are in sydney or melbourne so you could go and see it before buying it and its a lot cheaper than what your looking at.

With experience of importing my own clothing and machinery might I just say you will have to pay custom charges, clearance house fee's and if it is dirty at all it might need to be steam cleaned so bare those costs in mind when buying. D

The Following User Says Thank You to monsta imports For This Useful Post:
mr rudy (February 24th, 2010)
Old March 9th, 2010 Mar 9, 2010 7:40:10 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Probably coming into this a bit late but someone else may read over it anyway.
Customs duties will be a big pain.
I have checked out the machines made by iprint engineering who do sell on ebay and they are very well made iprint - eng - Home
I wasnt overly impressed with their screens as i prefer mine to be drum tight and i felt theirs was a bit too loose. The customer service was fantastic and they would be happy to answer any phone queries. There was another ebay seller i think it was something like printing supplies 2009 who was going on holiday until march (doesnt seem to be back yet) who had a well priced 4X4 ($639) i personally wanted to check this out before making a final decision.
Nehoc were doing a runout sale on their carousels as they had new models coming and they have a 6X1 but i havent inspected one so i cant comment.
I have nothing to do with any of these sellers apart from being an interested shopper.
Hope it helps.

Old April 26th, 2010 Apr 26, 2010 8:35:27 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: graeme

hi rudy, i imported a box of various private stuff to brisbane port from cebu, philippines 5 years ago. they charged me $250 to "unload" it. it was stored in a P&O shed. 1 cubic metre. a distinct rip off. had they demanded a customs check it would have been $90 extra. they let me off that because of a whole lot of computer glitches on their part.
so my point is check thoroughly on all import fees such as import tax, GST, etc., graeme
ps; hope this goes where it should, its my 1st post for 9 months.

Old April 26th, 2010 Apr 26, 2010 8:58:14 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: graeme

if you're still there rudy, whats the price of a gilrow 6X4 currently? i've used 1 in the past as was quite happy with it.--graeme

Old April 28th, 2010 Apr 28, 2010 11:50:12 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Daniel

Yeah the guy on ebay selling the 6 station seems to be a good price and a reasonable quality?

Old April 30th, 2010 Apr 30, 2010 5:56:34 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

The cheap ones on ebay are rubbish.(the blue one) I know I bought one.
The arms flex and as you push down with the squeegee the platen flexes down along with the screen, but this makes the screen slide forward and back over the platen. Only by a 1mm but enough to create a problem with the print. If you dont squeegee to hard and the print is not far out on the platen it is not to bad. I ended up fixing it by putting a bit of wood that goes from the ground up, then rests against the platen arm. I just lift the arm a few mm as I spin it around

There are other problems as well.
I have been looking at getting a new press from ryonet also.

Old April 30th, 2010 Apr 30, 2010 3:54:09 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by o rangutang
if you're still there rudy, whats the price of a gilrow 6X4 currently? i've used 1 in the past as was quite happy with it.--graeme
6X4 quote from gabba supplies in brisbane is $5,500 with wooden platens or $6,250 for the aluminium platens.so um yeah...next

Old April 30th, 2010 Apr 30, 2010 4:40:15 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr rudy
mate i wish i read your post i week ago! i just bought the 6X6 and flash cure, the bloody bolts that attach the print heads to the center wheel are set at an angle! so 4 out 6 print heads are never going to come down straight on to the platen. the flash cure itself is another thing!!! it come with a foreign plug (i'm assuming chinese) but made no mention of it in ebay so i'll have to have it replaced...the company making this stuff is asc365, their agent in melbourne is jessica wang. all in all it's just reinforced my opinion of chinese manufacturing methods and quality...STEER CLEAR i'll attach some pics if i can...
You get what you pay for unfortunatly.If i were you i'd be on the phone to them demanding a refund for suppling you with such sh!t.
I have seen that company selling stuff on ebay for well over a year now and cringe every time i see it.
How did you go from Adtec/gilrow and R hopkins to buying what you did?
Buyer beware!

This is a discussion about carousel printing press that was posted in the Australia and New Zealand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in