T-Shirt Forums banner

starting shirt printing business SERIOUSLY

[PHILIPPINES] -  
37K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  zelleartsign 
#1 ·
Hi.. before anything else, let me provide you few information about myself.

I started printing shirts 2 years ago as a hobby. At some time, I tried to accept orders and sold more or less 700pcs, which is already good for me considering that I originally didn't intend to provide the services at a large scale. Moreover, I am still a student who do not have that enough time to engage in this business. However, things changed and I think it is about time to take this seriously.

I have the following machines:
1. Heat press machine
2. Cutter plotter which i also used in making car stickers, and
3. Of course, pigment and sublimation ink printers

Most of the shirts ordered were made up of vinyls and gamuza. Problem is, I could have taken more orders if not of the limited designs i can make with vinyls. Recently, i told my father about my plan of putting up this business. He asked me if I want a DTG printer, but only a China brand. Now, I'm having a problem deciding whether we should invest on a DTG printer or silkscreen instead. I need to decide asap as he is currently in China, and wants to buy the DTG direct from there.

Problem with silk screen is that I tried it many times yet I failed. I'm really having a hard time trying to learn that photo emulsion through the internet. Also, I consider the fact that it is only me and my brother who prints the shirt. If I will go with silkscreen printing, i think there is already a need to employ a helper. If you are in my position, what will you do to start with this business?

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome po.

I will just advise you sir to think seriously and research more about DTG. Importing the machine here in our country means bigbucks or expensive before you can engage it into operations...

Other than that you may want to inquire more about support and warranty and other expense that will go along with it if the machine breaks down...

Any other things like manual screen printing. Some members did well and from reading some of the threads. You will be glad to find interesting information subjective to shirt printing here in this forum.

Goodluck.

#3 · (Edited)
Welcome po.

I will just advise you sir to think seriously and research more about DTG. Importing the machine here in our country means bigbucks or expensive before you can engage it into operations...

Other than that you may want to inquire more about support and warranty and other expense that will go along with it if the machine breaks down...

Any other things like manual screen printing. Some members did well and from reading some of the threads. You will be glad to find interesting information subjective to shirt printing here in this forum.

Goodluck.
thanks for the help.
is there any way I can learn silkscreen by myself? do you know any book or an article here in the internet that discusses everything about silkscreen printing?

If i'm going to invest in silkscreen printing, how much do I need to buy the equipment?

#7 ·
maganda lang ang DTG printer sa short runs or yung 1-12 pcs orders, pero kung bulk na ang gagawin mo, hindi na sya advisable kasi lugi ka na sa consummables mo like the inks, electricity, maintenance, isa pa, kung saan mo oorderin ang ink mo pag naubos na? unlike sa silk screen printing, lumabas ka lng ng bahay nyo may mabibilhan ka na ng inks. though silk screen process is a long process and needs expertise, mas malaki naman ang kita mo once you use the process. at hindi ganun kalaki ang gastos sa materyales mong gagamitin sa printing...sa silk screening, kailangan mo lang ng patience para ma perfect mo ang process, lahat naman tayo nagsimulang hindi natin alam ang process, pero once you go along, dun mo matutunan ang mga tekniks at mamaster mo ang procedure...you already have the idea, practice na lang ang kailangan mo...

#9 ·
actually la pa akong business pero balak ko next year.according sa research ko d best pa rin ang silk screen printing for bulk orders, the cons only is that you are limited on colors 2-3 colors unlike sa DTG kahit ilang kulay kaya sa DTG.. research mo na lang yung PROs and CONs for silkscreen and DTG printing business..Good Luck!:)

#10 · (Edited)
Medyo mis-informed ka Sir or lack of information ka pa with screen printing. Who ever told you na limited ang screenprinting upto 3 colors lang, sigurado ako hindi rin nya alam sinasabi nya... hehehe.

Magresearch at magbasa ka ulit Sir,,, no offense.

:D

#13 ·
Regarding DTG, have you heard about Bajujet brand from Malaysia? They also distribute here in the Philippines but I haven't heard someone here in PH who have experience using it.

For a price of close to P1M, I doubt kung mababawi ang puhunan. DTG is ideal for businesses like Redbubble, Cefepress, etc. We're launching a website similar to Redbubble and we are looking for more print on demand options.

#14 ·
good day po mga sirs, wanting to try screen printing for quite some time now. I've been watching a couple of videos sa youtube and it makes me really excited to try.

Although mejo nahirapan ako maghanap ng materials like photo emulsion, acetates etc.
San po ba may 1stop shop na makkkuhaan ng ganun? I tried National Bookstore pero nalilito ko e, mejo kulay green kasi yun acetate nila tapos dalawang klase yun emulsion.

Help please, appreciate the responses! TIA!!!

#23 ·
meron po bang nabibilhan ng photo emulsion sheets dito satin sa PH? I dunno kung eto din yun tntawag nilang green film pero para na syang silk screen with emulsion in one, kailangan nlng mag print ng image sa acetate then expose.

kung meron po please do share kung san mkkabili. TIA!!!

#30 ·
Hi,
I understand what you are going through now.
I believe it is important that measuring your current capacity and capital first.
Of course Investing on equipment is also important however, please consider your your capacity first.
In fact now silk screening is popular in Southeast asian regions, however heat pressing is now emerging.

#31 ·
It depends on your business goals.

I can summarize in a single line: If you are allowing your customers to customize design, DTG is the only feasible option. If you are planning to make hundreds or thousands of same print in a single go, screen printing is better.

And both have pros and cons, but that's the main factor.

Best,
M:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.