[ASIA] - jetpro opaque and JPSS problems - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Asia
T-Shirt information for Asia

[ASIA] - jetpro opaque and JPSS problems

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 21st, 2011 Jul 21, 2011 8:56:26 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: jams
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default jetpro opaque and JPSS problems

hello guys. I'm really having a hard time and wasting alot of money and tshirts with my jetpro opaque and jetproSS.

first the jetpro opaque. after printing with pigment ink, then i press my design to the shirt with 175 heat and 15sec. when i take my tshirt from the press the design is like a crampled burned paper. then the sides doesnt stick to the tshirts. I tried to reheat with only 9sec it gets worse and the edges still doesnt stick to the shirt.

second the jetproSS after printing with pigment ink, then i press my design to the shirt with 185 heat and 25sec. when i take my tshirt from the press the design is like ok. but sometimes it gets peeled (nababakbak tama ba yun? hehe) from the shirt. its like a wet tissue paper.

PLEASE HELP. THanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 21st, 2011 Jul 21, 2011 9:25:32 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: 2tz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: jetpro opaque and JPSS problems

JETPRO OPAQUE: Please try 160-165C/20s
JPSS: 185C/25s - hot or warm peel

More details: Please back read here https://www.t-shirtforums.com/asia/t143494.html

Thanks.

Old July 22nd, 2011 Jul 22, 2011 1:38:22 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

thanks i'll try it. hope it works. with the jetproSS when i do a hot peel it will be like a wet tissue paper. the design comes off with the backing

Old July 22nd, 2011 Jul 22, 2011 3:01:51 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Pressure will be a great factor too, try adjusting it to a little heavier than your current setting. Cut your paper into quarters (this will minimize your wastage) and test 4 pressure settings and see which one works for you .

Old July 24th, 2011 Jul 24, 2011 3:16:59 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Freedz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

3G Opaque is much better.. 175C 10 sec, medium to heavy pressure, hot/cold peel
with jet opaque.. same settings but only with cold peel..
JPSS.. 195C 20 sec, heavy pressure, hot peel, then stretch, then press again for 5 sec

Old July 26th, 2011 Jul 26, 2011 9:39:31 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

i think my pressure is very heavy because when the 25sec is finish im having a hard time opening the heat press. some times the tshirt comes out great but often the design sticks to the paper when i try to peel it. i tried it with cold peel and hot peel. same problem. the design comes off with the paper. and sometimes when i reheat the transfer it sometimes destroy the design. im loosing my mind with this heat transfer papers.

BTW i am also having a hard time pressing with polo shirts because of the buttons. what is the best way in pressing with buttons then the image is at the back of the shirt on top of the buttons of the front?

Last edited by diams; July 26th, 2011 at 09:51 PM..

Old July 26th, 2011 Jul 26, 2011 10:43:00 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by diams
i think my pressure is very heavy because when the 25sec is finish im having a hard time opening the heat press. some times the tshirt comes out great but often the design sticks to the paper when i try to peel it. i tried it with cold peel and hot peel. same problem. the design comes off with the paper. and sometimes when i reheat the transfer it sometimes destroy the design. im loosing my mind with this heat transfer papers.

BTW i am also having a hard time pressing with polo shirts because of the buttons. what is the best way in pressing with buttons then the image is at the back of the shirt on top of the buttons of the front?
Try my suggestion (for JPSS) of cutting your paper into 4 pieces and work with different pressures, temperature and time settings. Forego your Very heavy pressure settings, go with light heavy and heavy only. BTW, pre-press your shirt for up to 5 secs to remove extra moisture from the shirt.

POLO SHIRTS:

1) If your press allows it, slip your shirt into the lower platen as this will allow the collar buttons to be "under" your press not on top thereby giving you a "flat" surface to press on.

2)For breast logo's, try slipping a few layers of mousepad under the shirt. This could also work for back prints if your press doesn't allow #1.

Old August 1st, 2011 Aug 1, 2011 1:46:02 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

ok thanks. i'll try those suggestions.

This is a discussion about jetpro opaque and JPSS problems that was posted in the Asia section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in