August Contest Winners: Best Question(s) and Most Helpful Member - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Forums.com Announcements > Announcements and Site Updates
What's new at t-shirtforums.com. Check out the latest happenings for our site.

August Contest Winners: Best Question(s) and Most Helpful Member

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 6th, 2006 Sep 6, 2006 4:11:34 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 6,032 Times in 3,228 Posts

Thumbs up August Contest Winners: Best Question(s) and Most Helpful Member

The votes are in and the tallies have been counted! The results for the August New Member Appreciate Month contests are here!

The first contest was a challenge to judge, however I think I've come up with a fair solution.

For the Most Interest Topic From a New Member, we have a 3 way tie

1. Thread title: "Share Wins and Losses" started by member jimiyo:

A great topic where members share some of the mistakes and successes they've experienced in starting their t-shirt businesses.
1. Thread title: "Beyond the basics, legalities and various accounting principals. VERSION: I'm stuck" started by member error426:

An interesting discussion that covers some of the accounting and business structure questions you might come across when starting a business.
1. Thread title: "stupid questions but here goes: which side of the transfer paper do I print on,etc" started by member o2happpy:

Proof that there are no stupid questions here at T-ShirtForums A simple question about transfer paper gets some great answers and tips from our helpful members.

Speaking of "helpful members", that brings us to our next award:
Our most helpful member for August was longtime helpful forum member, badalou (or just Lou if you're nice)
This award was given by nomination from other forum members.

Unbeknownst to Lou, he was already in the vote lead for the most helpful member, when, in true poker player fashion, he went "ALL IN" over the top with his super useful VIDEO Tutorial on heat pressing t-shirts with Ironall/Miracool transfer paper.

Lou, like many members of T-ShirtForums, continues to take time to share helpful tips in his area(s) of expertise. Lou also has gone out of his way to help members by phone, email, and PM.
Here's one Lou quote from one of the winning "interesting threads" from above:

"First, no question on this forum is stupid.. you may get some answers that may seem so but everyone here is helpful and generous in the support of new people trying to learn. I don't know the paper you are using but in general a hot peel paper is printed on the side with the coating. because it is logic that is what is going on the shirt. I use Iron All or Mira cool both hot peel. Both of these papers do not have markings on the back. By the way where do you get you paper so I can check the paper and maybe help you further. Lou"

So from me and all the members and people reading your posts. Thanks Lou

The new members who won the most interesting topic contest all win a free (did I say highly coveted ), t-shirtforums.com t-shirt.

Lou wins a $50 gift certificate to eBay.com and a cool custom t-shirt avatar that will show up when he posts

Be sure to wish them congratulations in the TF Lounge section of the forum!

This is a discussion about August Contest Winners: Best Question(s) and Most Helpful Member that was posted in the Announcements and Site Updates section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in