ANNOUNCEMENT: T-ShirtForums.com acquired by VerticalScope - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Forums.com Announcements > Announcements and Site Updates
What's new at t-shirtforums.com. Check out the latest happenings for our site.

ANNOUNCEMENT: T-ShirtForums.com acquired by VerticalScope

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Rodney

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 3rd, 2013 Sep 3, 2013 8:47:14 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 6,023 Times in 3,228 Posts

Thumbs up ANNOUNCEMENT: T-ShirtForums.com acquired by VerticalScope

Hey TSF Friends,

Today is an exciting day!

When I started T-Shirt Forums over 8 years ago, my goal was to create a friendly community where people could learn about the t-shirt industry and share their experience. After talking to 100’s of members, lurkers, newbies and industry veterans at the various trade shows, I definitely think that goal has been accomplished.

One question I get asked a lot is “What’s next for T-Shirt Forums?”

Effective today, I have transferred ownership of T-Shirt Forums to VerticalScope.

You have questions? I have answers

Why?

In 2005, when I started T-Shirt Forums, I don’t think anyone (including me) could have imagined how large of a site it would become. While I have loved every second of running this site; wearing the many hats (t-shirts?) of “site admin, webmaster, moderator, tech support, advertising manager, peacemaker, spam fighter, etc” often times leaves little time for much else.

I’ve always been a big proponent of focusing on your strengths and letting others help you with the things they are strong in. With this transition, I can refocus on my strengths (answering questions, helping others, connecting members, organizing meetups) and let VerticalScope focus on administering the site, handling the servers, day to day operation, and working with advertisers.

What does this mean for T-Shirt Forums?

The T-Shirt Forums you visited yesterday will be the same (if not better) T-Shirt Forums you visit 3 months from now VerticalScope has the manpower and experience in running online communities to keep the site loading fast and the ability to make the forums an even better place for the industry.

Trust me that I did not make this decision lightly. If I thought the spirit and community of T-Shirt Forums would be fundamentally changed, I would not have made this transition. T-Shirt Forums will continue to be an independent place to get help on any topic within the industry.

What will you (Rodney) do?

I’ll do the same thing tomorrow that I did yesterday and last year (but hopefully more of it). I’ll continue to answer questions in the forums and help out as much as I can. I’ll get to read even more of the daily discussions so I can soak up as much information as possible. I’ll still be at the various trade shows. I’ll also continue to help out as an admin on this site as needed along with the new admin(s).

Please join me in welcoming the new Administrator, Dwayn @Admin4Tee's to the T-Shirt Forums team!

I truly think that this site and community has changed the industry for the better and will continue to do so for years to come.

Hopefully I’ll see a few of you guys at ISS Ft Worth on September 26-28th

More questions?

If you have more questions/feedback, I’ve opened up a thread in the TF Lounge here.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
andyhenry (September 2nd, 2014), blained13 (November 13th, 2013), Catbox (April 25th, 2014), cronosSTYLE (September 10th, 2013), demarrisgene (September 19th, 2013), hoxie (September 12th, 2013), jsf (September 15th, 2013), mailman (September 10th, 2013), queen79 (September 10th, 2013), RichardGreaves (January 3rd, 2014), spiderx1 (September 10th, 2013), Tweek9art (November 13th, 2013)

This is a discussion about ANNOUNCEMENT: T-ShirtForums.com acquired by VerticalScope that was posted in the Announcements and Site Updates section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in