[Anajet] Ri 1000 pros / cons - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

[Anajet] Ri 1000 pros / cons

Like Tree4Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 10th, 2020 Feb 10, 2020 6:08:01 AM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Dan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ri 1000 pros / cons

What Splathead said.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 10th, 2020 Feb 10, 2020 7:04:58 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: AL
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I am not bashing this technology. I am pointing out facts with the manufacturers not backing up there equipment being sold into the dealer network. It is the Epsons, Oki , Ricoh, Brother and etc.
Why do you think some of these manufacturers are going direct. Epson, Oki, Ricoh, and Brother make printers for printing onto paper a very large market but small margins.
Now take our industry and be able to sell a $300.00 dealer cost color printer for $3,500.00 because you removed the black cartridge and replaced it with a white toner. Then the next thing these companies do is show up competing against there own dealer markets and in all of our trade shows. They are less supportive to the customers and the dealers.
Dealers are less likely to sell the printers anymore leaving the door open for the big guys who through there arrogance of non support have caused customers a lot of money.
I am trying to alert the consumers to be careful and just don,t fall for how fast a printer can print as related to how fast you can complete making a shirt.
It is the deception to sell without and consequences.
AL

Old February 17th, 2020 Feb 17, 2020 3:59:57 PM -   #33 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

I have a Richoh Ana Jet 1000 and paid 17,000 for it but later found out that I was actually being charged $38,000 once they found me a financer to pay over 5 years. Big mistake. I hate the machine. It gives error codes at least once a week and demands so much of my time just fixing all the errors. The ink will rubberize if you don't get in there and clean it with your hands and pull it off....no other way....Worst investment ever.

Old May 19th, 2020 May 19, 2020 10:25:51 AM -   #34 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Garold

Okay. I have had the machine for nearly two years. In that time I have spent around $3,000.00 in repairs - and that doesn't include ink. In order to function correctly it has to continually pump white ink through the print head - but that's another story, I suppose if you printed enough shirts that wouldn't be a problem. My problem is that it has not been reliable enough for me to market the prints. I have customers requesting this technology and I feel unsure about pressing forward. Currently the machine is charged with cleaning fluid and off. The last time I had it running, I was getting great prints, but the machine would just suddenly empty the magenta and yellow carts into the waste bottle. Empty in two days. There solution at this point is to buy a $2,000 service policy and spend another $3,000 to ship it round trip (boxes are $500, to ship the boxes is another $400 (to me!) then $500 each way to ship it to Anajet in Cali.
There techs are very nice people and they do the best they can with the hand they are dealt. I am still sold on the technology, there really is nothing like it. I'm just stuck in an expensive holding pattern.

This is a discussion about Ri 1000 pros / cons that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in