[Anajet] MP5 replacement ink lines - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

[Anajet] MP5 replacement ink lines

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 23rd, 2017 Mar 23, 2017 11:36:48 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default MP5 replacement ink lines

We recently got an MP5 that had been sitting for quite a while, maybe over a year without a flush to the system, so ink had been sitting in the lines for who knows how long.

I've started the process of clearing the print head clogs (which actually worked!) but I've now gotten to the point where I need to clear the actual lines running from the ink cartridges to the print heads. My C & K lines are fine with the normal flushing routine with the cleaning solution cartridges, the Y & M lines should be fine with a little more flushing, they're almost clear but not quite totally clear yet...and my problem is with the white lines, which pretty much has just hardened ink in them at this point. No ink movement, no cleaning solution movement whatsoever.

I pulled the purge lines out and physically cleared the solidified clogs in them, so those are good now, but my main concern is clearing the other two white ink lines. I don't want to pull all the tubes out and go through the physical process that I just went through to clear the purge tubes on the white lines if there's an easier method or if I can just buy new lines. (Because clearing the purge lines was a nightmare!)

Has anyone here ever replaced their ink lines themselves? It seems like the lines they sell on the Anajet website are only for the Sprint, so I don't want to order them and then find out I have the wrong darn thing. If you replaced them yourself, where did you get your lines? I've done so darn many searches for the size of these tubes and can't seem to get anywhere.

Is this even a possibility to do myself or is this going to be a case of "spend the dough and ship it to Anajet and have them fix it for you"? (Which is what the Anajet techs have told me when I've called to ask for help on various issues.) I've been lurking on this forum for a long time and finally got the guts to ask the question I can't seem to find already answered here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 13th, 2017 Jun 13, 2017 11:47:44 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: MP5 replacement ink lines

I am interested in what you have to offer

Old June 13th, 2017 Jun 13, 2017 12:04:04 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: MP5 replacement ink lines

I am wondering the same thing! Do I spend the time and effort to clean the existing lines or just simply buy new lines and run them myself? I could use my caliper tool to find the size of the tubing, but I do not know if it required a type of plastic tube that will work with the chemical make up of the ink. Last thing I want is to get new lines in the machine and find that the lines are being eat away from the ink.

This is a discussion about MP5 replacement ink lines that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in