[Anajet] Waste ink count error continues. Help - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

[Anajet] Waste ink count error continues. Help

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oc2dHK

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 22nd, 2017 Feb 22, 2017 10:18:59 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Waste ink count error continues. Help

hi all,
I purchased an Anajet FP 125 second-hand on ebay in August with the indication that the F1 fuse on the mainboard was blown. I received the printer and checked and the fuse was good. Therefore, it took me on a long road to attempt to fix the printer. I used this forum throughout my journey and i'm again at a standstill and need some advice. The first time around, I used an Epson Stylus Photo R 1800 for most of my parts. I replaced the mainboard (had the little red wire soldered on.) I replaced pretty much any part that were alike on the two machines. I finally got it moved past the original (stuck at system initialization) issue and it was fully functioning, except no ink would come out on the shirt when I sent the job through.

At that point, I thought there was a communication error and switched around some of he cables and blew the whole thing and was back at system initializing. I took a break from it for a couple of months and eventually decided to give it another go. This time, I purchased another used R1800 and replaced the mainboard, printhead, ink lines, damners, all of the cables and cap and pumping station. I got it to start up, but it goes directly to the Waste Ink Error. I reset it every time using the Epson Adjustment Program. It seems weird because it does it's thing, but the value of the reading never changes and of course I get the error again once I start it up. I have cleaned the encoder strip more times than I can count.

At this point, i'm at a loss. I read one forum that suggested that the waste ink error is a possible catch all for any problems. However, when I called two different Epson parts distributors, they seemed to think it was unlikely. However, they aren't familiar with the Anajet. I call Anajet and well, they pretty much don't know anything. I know for sure that my printhead(the new used one) is still clogged in a few of the nozzles. I have tried rotating the level behind the black ink clockwise to manual pump ink through it and some of the lines arent feeding through. There's also i possibility that it's a bit damaged because I attempted to force cleaning fluid through it on a few occasions.

Here's my issue: printheads are expensive- very! I have attempted to use two different ones from used machines to no avail along the way. There's a likelihood the machines were being discarded because of the clogged printheads. The Epson people don't think it is the printhead causing my issue. Anajet thinks it could be. I really don't want to spend another grand to find out i'm still getting an error with a brand new printhead. Would a clogged printhead cause the waste ink error to continue to come up? Is the epson adjustment program working properly? If not, what should i do? Can anyone think of anything else I might try. It would stink to spend $1000 and not fix the problem. It would stink to buy a new printer when $1000 would fix the problem. Help me!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2017 May 24, 2017 11:45:04 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Hal

Default Re: Waste ink count error continues. Help

I am having the same "waste ink counter error". When I talked to AnaJet they said it could be the Print engine board after I cleaned the encoder strip and said it may be the mtc. station. Like you I have not been able to get answers. Every one I know that had the 125 or sprint had dumped them.

Old May 25th, 2017 May 25, 2017 9:22:24 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

If it is the F1 fuse then find a way to replace it. I found a tv/computer repair guy who was able to find a fuse for $10 and he replaced and soldered it and the problem was fixed. He charged me $70 for time. Anajet wanted me to send it back to them to fix $600 plus shipping both ways.

Old May 25th, 2017 May 25, 2017 11:19:44 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Great NEWS, It was the capping station that was causing the problem. I replaced it this morning and Glory be, no error message. Working fine.
I should have thought that after talking with AnaJet, they said that could be one of the problems. When I turned the machine (after a lightening storm, I shut down and unplug) back on the capping station made that horrible noise of the plastic gears grinding, (we have all heard it). That is when I got the error after the second power up the capping station sounded normal.

Anyway I'm up and running..

Old May 25th, 2017 May 25, 2017 11:26:32 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Couple of questions for you on that...
1 - who did you buy the capping station from
2 - how difficult was it to replace?

Thanks

Old May 25th, 2017 May 25, 2017 12:51:08 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I buy all my ink and parts from Garment Ink https://www.garmentprinterink.com/ They are great to work with and will work with you. They also have a great video on this replacement.

I have replaced this part four other times, it is time consuming (2-3 hrs.) You have to take off the ink bays to get to it. I would get the AnaJet spec's if you have not replaced this part before. Here is where you can find a lot of information. FAQs - Sprint - AnaJet

Good luck and have a great week-end.

The Following User Says Thank You to oc2dHK For This Useful Post:
iwantjc (May 26th, 2017)
Old November 29th, 2018 Nov 29, 2018 6:39:13 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

According to garmentprinterink video. The capping station should be replaced every 3-4 months depending on printing volume

This is a discussion about Waste ink count error continues. Help that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in