Anajet Garment Printer to buy or not to buy? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

Anajet Garment Printer to buy or not to buy?

Like Tree22Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 31st, 2008 Jul 31, 2008 8:37:09 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Anajet Garment Printer to buy or not to buy?

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me about the Anajet Garment Printer? I am now looking at it for my mall shop as an alternative to the Brother GT, mainly for the white print capabilities.

Can it hold up to high volume production? What would you say pound for pound, how does the Anajet stack up?
AVS likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 31st, 2008 Jul 31, 2008 9:17:50 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: chris
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: Anajet Garment Printer to buy or not to buy?

Where are you located? have you seen them both in action?
I cannot tell you about the anajet because I do not have one but I do have a brother and love it.
If you are close you can go to their shop in CA and check them out

Good luck on whater you decide.

Old July 31st, 2008 Jul 31, 2008 9:41:09 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You'll find if you know what you are doing and use any of these printers properly it will work out just fine. You'll have some more cost on ink for the anajet and the brother compared to other brands.

Old August 1st, 2008 Aug 1, 2008 11:35:24 AM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

If you are going to use any printer in a mall retail setting, you want to make sure that the operator is going to know how to use and maintain it completely. Because of this type of retail setting, turning products out as fast as possible is the key to success and profits. Trying to do black shirts with white ink introduces a considerable amount of factors that can definitely slow down your sales process. Yes, black shirts can lead to more profits if you educate your customer and charge considerable more money... but does the average person walking in a mall really care about how we have to pretreat a shirt, that the TO2 in the white ink that makes the light reflect of it,... I personally do not think they do. They want a shirt that looks and feels good over time. Not to mention the additional training you will need to provide to the operator (unless you plan on working 7 days a week) for printing white ink and the extra maintenance that goes along with it can be a challenge... as well as the typically high turnover that you get with employees in this type of retail settings. Thus, I would strongly recommend that you look at a CMYK or Dual CMYK setup on whatever printer you choose. Good luck in your research.

Mark

Old August 1st, 2008 Aug 1, 2008 12:19:54 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGuide
If you are going to use any printer in a mall retail setting, you want to make sure that the operator is going to know how to use and maintain it completely. Because of this type of retail setting, turning products out as fast as possible is the key to success and profits. Trying to do black shirts with white ink introduces a considerable amount of factors that can definitely slow down your sales process. Yes, black shirts can lead to more profits if you educate your customer and charge considerable more money... but does the average person walking in a mall really care about how we have to pretreat a shirt, that the TO2 in the white ink that makes the light reflect of it,... I personally do not think they do. They want a shirt that looks and feels good over time. Not to mention the additional training you will need to provide to the operator (unless you plan on working 7 days a week) for printing white ink and the extra maintenance that goes along with it can be a challenge... as well as the typically high turnover that you get with employees in this type of retail settings. Thus, I would strongly recommend that you look at a CMYK or Dual CMYK setup on whatever printer you choose. Good luck in your research.

Mark
Thank you for your info!

Still it's hard to argue dark shirts, people love dark shirts, especially in the key demo I am targeting 15-35.

I have worked with epson grand format printers for a few years and have experience cleaning out a bulk in system. Would this experience transfer to these DTG systems?

Old August 1st, 2008 Aug 1, 2008 5:59:27 PM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Mike,

Yes, some of your experience will carry over. The question is are you going to plan on being in the mall store every hour / day it is open? I am not trying to be a jerk when asking this question, but it is important that you fully understand that the operator of the printer (whoever it is) needs to fully understand how the printer works and how to do the maintenance. The average time for printing a dark shirt can be between 6 minutes to 10+ minutes for just the printing and curing process. You also have to do the pretreating of the shirts in a different area that can get messy- which is hard to come by in a retail space.

The best thing I think anyone can recommend is for you to take someone that would be the average skill / work ethic of the type of people you will have operating the printer and go to a training seminar or another dtg shops that does white ink for an apprenticeship. If the average employee is able to pick up the pretreatment, printing and maintenance part of white ink printing...then you should be comfortable with going with a white ink printer. If not, go with a CMYK or Dual CMYK printer. Just remember that the average mall shop may tend to have a high turnover in employees and be prepared to train more than just one person.

I wish you the best in your decision.

Mark

Old October 29th, 2008 Oct 29, 2008 6:31:53 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I bought an Anajet 3 months ago. Its a great machine. I would have to say half of my customers want a dark garment shirt. And that was why I went with the Anajet.

Old October 8th, 2009 Oct 8, 2009 4:27:33 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Be nice, this is my first post :)

I've owned my anajet printer for close to a year now and they only thing I can recommend is to keep up with all the maintenance. If the ink tubes or head is clog, you in for an entire day down the drain. Since you are going to set it up in a Mall situation, how will you control the humidity? Air that is dry and cold will tend to promote cloggin. I find that damp, moist, controllable air will give best results.

I have completely stop using the white ink because they are such a p.i.t.a. and it seems the only way to eliminate issues with the white ink is to complete clean or flush it out each day and re-charge it again the next time it's needed. Each time your recharge, it's about $8-10 dollars of wasted ink. So considering how much each cartridge cost and how man shirts can be printed from the, it made no sense to me because it would be operating at a lost each month.

Another thing to consider is, you will not get nowhere near what anajet is advertising for quantities of shirts printed. If i'm luck, i get close to 300-400 shirts on full inks (level 2 ink setting, graphic) and that's just for whites shirts full color 1 sided fronts. I have no idea how they are getting 3000-5000 shirts, unless they are printing a small dot on each shirt only.

anyway, if the business is there go for it.

Old October 9th, 2009 Oct 9, 2009 1:42:03 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Just a quick update on my Anajet. I sold it because its not all that its cracked up to be. Maintenence is a pain the the ***, the white ink clogs the heads constintly. IF ANAJET IS READING THIS YOUR TECH WAS IN MY STORE. EVEN HE COULD NOT KEEP IT FROM CLOGGING. This way of printing sucks *** in my opinion. IU sold it and went to a much more profitable way of printing SCREEN PRINTING. THE prints are better, crisper, brighter, and the ink is a 10th of what anajets ink cost. I was just offered the ANAJET Sprint for $10000. I declined and they went down on the price since they knew I knew it was a piece of crap. Do your self a big favor and stay away from any of the DTG printers. Unless you want to print with CMYK Only. But even then the image fades a lot.

Old October 9th, 2009 Oct 9, 2009 4:22:51 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Daryl

I have had similar problems with the white ink clogging and the mess of trying to clean them. Then customers bringing their shirts back after a few washes with cracking and peeling. We were told by dupont that too much pretreatment is the cause of this. We spent so much on this machine. We have had to replace 5 chip sets and 2 heads and the motherboard went. The calbes went because we had to do so many changes. If the machine has a 4800 head in it is not ment to print white ink.

Old June 26th, 2010 Jun 26, 2010 6:45:29 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I cant get spares for the kiosk does anyone know where are they manufacture?

Old July 1st, 2010 Jul 1, 2010 12:44:10 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Chuck
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixelplik
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me about the Anajet Garment Printer? I am now looking at it for my mall shop as an alternative to the Brother GT, mainly for the white print capabilities.

Can it hold up to high volume production? What would you say pound for pound, how does the Anajet stack up?

your timing is great. I just posted today on how much I love mine. This is a link to my earlier post. https://www.t-shirtforums.com/anajet/...tml#post716910

Old August 27th, 2010 Aug 27, 2010 10:13:44 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionmoda
I cant get spares for the kiosk does anyone know where are they manufacture?
Mastermind in Japan is no longer manufacturing parts for the Kiosk DTG.

Mastermind is making a new machine called SOLO, but mesa distributors cannot sell this machine - it's being sold by Texmac inc and other dealers in the country

SOLO Direct to Garment Printer

The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Printzilla (August 27th, 2010)
Old August 30th, 2010 Aug 30, 2010 8:13:21 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Mastermind in Japan is no longer manufacturing parts for the Kiosk DTG.

Mastermind is making a new machine called SOLO, but mesa distributors cannot sell this machine - it's being sold by Texmac inc and other dealers in the country
Not sure where your information came from, but it is not accurate. We, SWF East, still continue to sell machines made by Mastermind and purchase parts for the older Kiosk models. The SOLO is an OEM product sold by Mastermind, though it does not seem to come up very often in the direct to garment marketplace.

Old August 30th, 2010 Aug 30, 2010 12:11:25 PM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

If you are considering an anajet and are not sure if you want to spend the entire amount, I would buy a used one less than 2 years old. They are around $10,000 and the quality is great

This is a discussion about Anajet Garment Printer to buy or not to buy? that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in