Anajet Garment Printer to buy or not to buy? - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

Anajet Garment Printer to buy or not to buy?

Like Tree22Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 30th, 2010 Aug 30, 2010 11:47:43 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Mabuzi
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anajet Garment Printer to buy or not to buy?

DTG in the mall without humidity control and the high dust levels is not going to work! DTG and one offs is not the best business model.
Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 15th, 2010 Sep 15, 2010 7:22:38 PM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Scott
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have had my Anajet for 10 months. I went with Anajet so I could print white ink. I do a lot of school business and all the schools in my area have dark colors. Trying to print anything with white ink is a real pain in the rear. We are in the process of going back to contract screen printing, the machine has never done what it was supposed to do. We threw away about $3000 in shirts and ink trying to get it down. We have already had to send it back once and need to again. It can be a productive machine if you find your niche wit it. Best of my knowledge there is not a field service guy anywhere around us. One of my friends got in the business as well and had to send that machine back as well. I say if you are buying it to be able to print white ink save your money.

Old September 16th, 2010 Sep 16, 2010 11:11:33 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Paul

Scott- Thank you for contacting Tech Support after writing this post. We are here for you and to help educate you on why you are having these issues. Things like your heat press are such an important factor. I am the Applications Manager for AnaJet and will be sending you an email soon with some things to help you get it right. Please check out this link on common heat press problems and how to check them. http://www.stahlsinternational.com/downloads/Heat-Seal-Machine-Test-Kit.pdf

Old November 23rd, 2010 Nov 23, 2010 11:53:06 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Derek

Paul has been great! I didn't know anything about printing on tshirts, but now I know that you need to pretreat black shirts before you print white ink on them. Their customer support is free, and I didn't know that. Haha! Now I make great shirts, if I didn't know better I would still be wasting shirts.
CopperEve likes this.

Old February 19th, 2013 Feb 19, 2013 9:19:30 AM -   #20 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Edgar

Thumbs down Re: Anajet Garment Printer to buy or not to buy?

Worst machine ever! Please do not buy a machine from this company and do not believe their "low-cost start up." Another misrepresentation by Anajet is their "Service" we bought our machine then the print engine board needed to be replaced = $1030 + $750. Then the printhead went out = $800. Then the lines cloged = $750. Then a fuse in the print engine board needed to be replace (yes the same print engine board we first replaced) now the actual Print engine board needs to be replaced . . . again = $1030 + $750. !

Last edited by Rodney; February 20th, 2013 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: Removed sales post

Old February 22nd, 2013 Feb 22, 2013 2:45:52 PM -   #21 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Agree, worst machine ever!

Old February 22nd, 2013 Feb 22, 2013 4:15:24 PM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Shep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Mall concept ok.
But I would ck the anajet section of the forum, as well as others before opening my wallet.

For any piece of equipment as well.

Old March 3rd, 2014 Mar 3, 2014 3:55:08 PM -   #23 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Unhappy Re: Anajet Garment Printer to buy or not to buy?

Do not buy it does not work........... Bad Bad investment, biggest and most expensive paper weight that now sits under the printing table. Anajet will not stand behind their product. Ink is costly, and between ink checks you will go through a lot of ink at your expense.

Old March 6th, 2014 Mar 6, 2014 2:49:33 AM -   #24 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Sprint varies from user to user, MP10 quality has improved a ton and is super fast. You should maybe talk to some real life users before making a decision

Old March 6th, 2014 Mar 6, 2014 3:30:20 AM -   #25 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-ColDesi
Not sure where your information came from, but it is not accurate. We, SWF East, still continue to sell machines made by Mastermind and purchase parts for the older Kiosk models. The SOLO is an OEM product sold by Mastermind, though it does not seem to come up very often in the direct to garment marketplace.

Don is also correct on this too. The folks at Col Desi are great people. I would back him up 100%. He's done some great customer service for some of my customers

Old April 23rd, 2014 Apr 23, 2014 3:16:54 PM -   #26 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

We operate 2 Sprints with 4 geoknight heat presses and have not run into that many issues. The two printers are going all day...we generally aim for 55 double sided prints or 90+ singled sided prints in the 7 or so hours the printers are working.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with our Sprints. We print primarily on black garments, a lot of which are double sided. Other than a bad encoder strip, and some other minor issues that CS was able to help with these machines print all day every day (except Sat/Sun) without issue. The customer service has been helpful when needed. That all being said - I certainly wouldn't operate one these in a mall. That business plan is suspect to begin with. But aside from that, humidity control is very important. We operate our sprints in a small room and run two humidifiers all day to keep the humidity at a reasonable level. But all the disparaging remarks of "worst printer ever" are pretty far from the truth in my experience.
MZDEELO likes this.

Old July 18th, 2014 Jul 18, 2014 10:02:35 PM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Sue & Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkst23
Just a quick update on my Anajet. I sold it because its not all that its cracked up to be. Maintenence is a pain the the ***, the white ink clogs the heads constintly. IF ANAJET IS READING THIS YOUR TECH WAS IN MY STORE. EVEN HE COULD NOT KEEP IT FROM CLOGGING. This way of printing sucks *** in my opinion. IU sold it and went to a much more profitable way of printing SCREEN PRINTING. THE prints are better, crisper, brighter, and the ink is a 10th of what anajets ink cost. I was just offered the ANAJET Sprint for $10000. I declined and they went down on the price since they knew I knew it was a piece of crap. Do your self a big favor and stay away from any of the DTG printers. Unless you want to print with CMYK Only. But even then the image fades a lot.
We have the mP10i. No major issues. Do the maintenance & you're ready to rock. Our colors are bright & don't fade or wash out. We've had customers come back a year later wearing their shirts & they look as good as the day we made them. We've never owned a sprint, just the mP. The mP just works! The more you print, the better it runs. They're workhorses.

Old July 18th, 2014 Jul 18, 2014 10:12:53 PM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Sue & Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleisenberg
Have you found any happy Anajet users that are utilizing their equipment in a Production environment?
We use our mP10i in a production environment. We start the day with our daily maintenace (10 min) & we're ready to print. We print upwards of 500+ shirts in a day from one printer, both light & dark shirts. We're very happy with our investment. We call it "our little money maker".
CopperEve likes this.

Old July 18th, 2014 Jul 18, 2014 11:52:54 PM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: John

Now that I've narrowed it down to the Spectra 3000 at $6k why would I spend 4 times that for an M series? Even the Sprint is twice the price at that point. BTW= If Anajet is doing so well, why did they offer me a brand new MP10 for $32.950.00? that's a $7,000.00 discount right out of the gate And a Sprint for $7,600.00, that's an $8,500.00 discount out of the gate. Those sound like "Fire Sale" prices to me. More importantly, why did they get sold to a group of investors and the original crowd didn't stick around? Now that Epson and some other "Real" players have entered the game, there's lunch to be eaten and it will be eaten. So, any Sprint users out there that want to image 2 shirts? I'll even pay you to do so!

Old July 19th, 2014 Jul 19, 2014 11:46:00 AM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: John

To Rodney AND ALL FORUM MEMBERS,
Please be specific when you accuse "I've used racial slurs" this I believe from Deanna's from Anajet's post? I want you to cut and paste the specific purported racial slur (s).

Furthermore, my only goal here is to vet potential vendors in a very methodic and controlled manner. It's what's called "due diligence". I've chosen to publicly share my experience, which is not only my right under the first amendment, but certainly I feel an obligation to the true meaning of this forum. For us to share our experiences as a group. Most of the contenders have chosen to "play by my rules" i.e. image two files on two shirts, one of each image on White and the same on Black for a total of (4) shirts. in addition, provide a video of the blanks being imaged PLUS state the ink usage in Milliliters and the cost / milliliter. Many have chosen to comply, those who have not have in fact sent me Purchase Agreements, Credit Card Release Forms and Contracts in anticipation of a "Spot" deal. Thant's what it's called in the car biz. This BEFORE they imaged or sent any samples? Hmm... Something Stinks Here! Mighty interesting that Anajet's and OmniPrints Invoices are almost identical as are their sales tactics. Furthermore, Ken Wandel who just left Anajet for OmniPrint because "He couldn't stand how they were ripping their customers off" wqsted no time bashing and trashing his former employer. These guys are churning customers with quick close sales tactics. Eric Hill an Anajet Sales gut during a recent Webinar I attended stated: "If you purchase a used machine from someone other than us, the Warranty is voided, you'll get no support, software updates, NOTHING UNLESS you ship it to me first and we refurbish it and we send you an invoice and you pay it and THEN will allow you PURCHASE a limited Warranty at an additional cost. (PERIOD) Really??? Meanwhile, Terry McVite, a used equipment dealer in Florida Representing Banks that have repo'd Anajets, etc... Have a bunch of them. Really?

So, show me a racial slur; and if you can't, as they can't, bend over and prepare for a Libel suit. These guys outed themselves with their Snake Oil Sales Tactics. My monies on James at Spectradtg.com with the new Spectra 3000 Check it out. And I truly think the Attorney Generals Office might be interested in their sales tactics as well, eh? Who know, but I'm willing to "drop the dime" Sincerely, John Eisenberg
PS Rodney, If this costs me another 2 points so be it!
Sincerely,
john Eisenberg
PJS56 likes this.

This is a discussion about Anajet Garment Printer to buy or not to buy? that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in