[Anajet] Sprint: Main / Mother Board Replacement - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

[Anajet] Sprint: Main / Mother Board Replacement

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 13th, 2014 Aug 13, 2014 11:55:35 AM -   #16 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sprint: Main / Mother Board Replacement

If you want you can pm me your info and I can help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 18th, 2014 Aug 18, 2014 8:32:27 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

My business partner 20yrs of electronic repair experience as well. We just want to put a new board in. If anyone can help us with this, we would greatly appreciate it. We don't have the money to ship this machine and to pay for repairs. We understand the risk and that is our choice. We paid 18k for this machine and would like to continue using it, especially since we are still trying to pay it off.

Old August 18th, 2014 Aug 18, 2014 8:32:59 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

If anyone can help us that would be greatly appreciated.

Old October 3rd, 2014 Oct 3, 2014 10:27:29 AM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Just to let people know, Anajet will tell you its the mainboard and that no one has ever successfully replaced it. Probably because you need to replace the control board, which they conveniently will not sell you. Thanks Anajet for your awesome support. I hope you will change your tactics and sell all the parts need to possibly fix their machine. Anajet has really lost my trust. Had I known they would refuse to sell parts needed for repairs, I would not have bought the printer.

Old October 4th, 2014 Oct 4, 2014 5:29:30 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Deana
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Its because the problem may not be just the board. We've had customers in the past who we've issued boards to but they end up blowing those boards because of underlying issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using T-Shirt Forums

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 3:03:12 PM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGraphics3
Just to let people know, Anajet will tell you its the mainboard and that no one has ever successfully replaced it. Probably because you need to replace the control board, which they conveniently will not sell you. Thanks Anajet for your awesome support. I hope you will change your tactics and sell all the parts need to possibly fix their machine. Anajet has really lost my trust. Had I known they would refuse to sell parts needed for repairs, I would not have bought the printer.

I have recently experienced the same issues. My cause of the board going bad is that I believe the print head overheated and shorted out the board or fuse. My printer was stuck in Error service recount tried all the regular stuff to get it to work. Tech support sat on the phone with me for about an 1hr having me rewipe the encorder strip over and over and logged on to make sure I had the correct drivers.

After all that was finished they emailed me a pdf file and told me that this correction should work. There is a sensor on the bottom of print head carriage to the left of the print head. There is a extra piece of wire that is taped not connected to anything. The pdf states to cut a very small piece off this wire. I have no idea what it was suppose to do Though it would someway bypass the error service . Which it did but it ended up going to auto maintenance mode with 8 lights on top and it stuck there.

I have another print head that I know the electronics on are good, it came with the printer, it was just clogged. I hook that one up and now only 4 lights come on instead of 8 but it is still stuck in auto maintenance.

Anajet also told me to send it in and said there have been no one successful of replacing the board except them. Now I just do NOT understand how out of all these printer repair engineers no one can replace the board ? I understand there are suppose to be 3 components. The print head cables, the print head and the board. If you replace all 3 how can replacing the fuse or board not work ?

Has anyone recently or ever been successful of replacing the board or the fuse ? If this is true no one has been successful them I am also prone to believe that it isnt the main board but that control board also.

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 5:41:05 PM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Roy

Interesting...I replaced the print control board on my sprint and it was very successful back in December 2013...the printer ran good up until I had my issues in August of 2014...that time I replaced the print control board, control panel, print head, print head cables, encoder strip and it would still not work. I received the same suggestion, send it in, be without it for 4 to 5 weeks ...for me that would not work for my business plan so I purchased the Epson F2000. Now I have a sprint printer and lots of parts that it looks like I will haul to the dump as I have had no takers on my ads.

it would be nice if sprint owners were provided with trouble shooting steps to resolve. I believe many ( understand not all) DTG owners eventually learn to be very good printer mechanics to keep them running. It is not rocket science...just careful meticulous work to trouble shoot. If they had I would still be running my sprint.
tchandler52 likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to okprinter For This Useful Post:
tchandler52 (November 19th, 2014)
Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 6:04:04 PM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by okprinter
Interesting...I replaced the print control board on my sprint and it was very successful back in December 2013...the printer ran good up until I had my issues in August of 2014...that time I replaced the print control board, control panel, print head, print head cables, encoder strip and it would still not work. I received the same suggestion, send it in, be without it for 4 to 5 weeks ...for me that would not work for my business plan so I purchased the Epson F2000. Now I have a sprint printer and lots of parts that it looks like I will haul to the dump as I have had no takers on my ads.

it would be nice if sprint owners were provided with trouble shooting steps to resolve. I believe many ( understand not all) DTG owners eventually learn to be very good printer mechanics to keep them running. It is not rocket science...just careful meticulous work to trouble shoot. If they had I would still be running my sprint.
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Did you replace the main board because of the fuse or did you replace the smaller board that is connected by the wire ? I am considering the epson also just not sure if it fits my business goals yet with the price of ink. I am noticing it is good to have at least 2 printers at all times because customers want their shirts lol

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 6:17:44 PM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I replaced the main board and printhead at the same time, as it was doing the wonderful loop of auto system maintenance...replaced both in 2013 as it was cheaper than replacing one and still having the problem then sending it in.

I am amazed with the Epson....do not let the price of ink scare you...there are ways to optimize. My cost of ink per shirt has gone down with the epson...and that accounts for the monthly flush....remember we were supposed to flush the sprint monthly as well...but you had to flush all 8 channels...not just the white. With the up time on my Epson...I am printing circles around my best production days with my sprint....so maybe someday I will need a second printer...but with my Espon and lower total cost per shirt and more up time...I am really enjoying DTG printing again....

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 6:59:48 PM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Cool I am happy to see that it worked for you. I will be attempting to do the same thing. I have no doubt at all about the epson. I will start reaching out and do some inquiring about it with the dealers this week.

Old November 20th, 2014 Nov 20, 2014 7:24:55 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

We went with a roland printer/cutter. Now we can do a lot more than just shirts. We would love to get our sprint up and running, but Anajet would need to help their customers more than they do. Glad to hear about the Epson printer. We have thought about looking at that one in the future.

Old November 20th, 2014 Nov 20, 2014 3:21:57 PM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Hey Okprinter about The main board you replaced. To my understanding you purchased it from anajet. Did you need to do any soldering ? I am currently looking at just purchasing a epson 1900 main board.

Old November 20th, 2014 Nov 20, 2014 4:31:54 PM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I did not have to solder anything...was able to install and move forward back in December 2013....that did not work in August 2014...yes I did see where some where having success with going the Epson 1900 route...I also believe Anthony with DTG Printer parts can help guide a person.

Old November 25th, 2014 Nov 25, 2014 9:47:58 AM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I would like to know if the Epson board works for you too. We were told that the Epson mainboard does not have the proper firmware on it for the anajet.

Old November 25th, 2014 Nov 25, 2014 4:01:53 PM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Hello,

I have a epson main board but decided to just replace the fuse instead. Actually I installed a fuse holder with a removable fuse. It seems to have corrected the problem starts up no lights says print ready. I clicked to do a nozzle check everything goes into motion correctly. Ordering a new print head tomorrow morning. The print head I have installed right now is the one that came with the printer it has been sitting in a box for over a year now, plus how ever long the printer was sitting before I purchased it, so I'm not going to even try to get it to work. I'll just be patient until the new print head gets here. I am also going to change the ink lines dampers and maintenance station. Probably start on that tomorrow morning. Might just change the print head cables also since I have them.

This is a discussion about Sprint: Main / Mother Board Replacement that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in