[Anajet] Amazing prints using Image Armor - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

[Anajet] Amazing prints using Image Armor

Like Tree5Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 22nd, 2014 Jul 22, 2014 10:24:44 AM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Amazing prints using Image Armor

I get stains from both of them !! LIGHT and DARK. I used LIGHT on the silver shirt and DARK on the charcoal

Here attached is both silver and charcoal. The one of the front image with the bleed around is what happened when I put the teflon sheet inside the shirt. It came back through the front. The others are the back side of shirts inside and out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140403_120830.jpg (2.47 MB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg 20140403_121010.jpg (4.64 MB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg 20140403_121033.jpg (2.32 MB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 20140722_121721.jpg (2.27 MB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 20140722_121729.jpg (2.26 MB, 45 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to tchandler52 For This Useful Post:
23spiderman (July 22nd, 2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 22nd, 2014 Jul 22, 2014 12:15:54 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Deana
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Ive seen this issue occur on this color before. Even if you used a tunnel dryer, the grey color will turn a weird peachy salmon color

(i've seen this happen on a shirt that WASNT pretreated with IA)

Heat seems to be the catalyst for the chemical reaction between the pretreat and the fabric dye/finishes.

Old July 22nd, 2014 Jul 22, 2014 12:19:10 PM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

If I print with just CMYK it prints and cures with out problems.

Old July 22nd, 2014 Jul 22, 2014 1:05:08 PM -   #34 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I have lots of issues with asphalt, charcoal, grey colors. For some reason these colors have been the devil of our industry. I have found that threading and hovering the heat press cuts back on MOST the issues. Different brands do it more or less then others too. Heavier weight shirts seem to have less issues with this phenomenon.

Old July 22nd, 2014 Jul 22, 2014 1:06:24 PM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Deana
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchandler52
If I print with just CMYK it prints and cures with out problems.
Because you are not using pretreat, correct?

Old July 22nd, 2014 Jul 22, 2014 1:32:11 PM -   #36 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 846 Posts

very interesting. it's not just the pretreat, as there is no way you pretreated a perfect oval. so it seems to be partially an ink issue as well. ink + pretreat = bleaching

it's like the dye is bleaching out instead of staining, since the "stained" area would be darker.

i just did a sport grey shirt (Gildan) with IA Light, cmyk only, and there was no staining. i did an athletic heather (LAT) with IA Light, white + cmyk, with no staining. i will try to do a charcoal (Gildan is all i have in that color) and post my result.
EricDeem likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 23spiderman For This Useful Post:
Brian Walker (July 22nd, 2014), MZDEELO (July 24th, 2014)
Old July 22nd, 2014 Jul 22, 2014 1:47:59 PM -   #37 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Heather / Athletic Gray never caused me any issues...its just the solid gray/charcoal/asphalt colors. American Apparel, District and a shirt by Otto have all had the least amount of issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to EricDeem For This Useful Post:
23spiderman (July 22nd, 2014)
Old July 22nd, 2014 Jul 22, 2014 7:40:14 PM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZDEELO
Because you are not using pretreat, correct?
Yes Correct. That is why I am believing that it is the pretreatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23spiderman
very interesting. it's not just the pretreat, as there is no way you pretreated a perfect oval. so it seems to be partially an ink issue as well. ink + pretreat = bleaching

it's like the dye is bleaching out instead of staining, since the "stained" area would be darker.

i just did a sport grey shirt (Gildan) with IA Light, cmyk only, and there was no staining. i did an athletic heather (LAT) with IA Light, white + cmyk, with no staining. i will try to do a charcoal (Gildan is all i have in that color) and post my result.
Also MMARZOLF expressed that he/she didn't have a problem when using anajet pretreatment on the same shirts. Which again led me to believe that it was the pretreatment.

But It looks like a good amount of you have now said you have the same problem regardless of pretreatment. I will just do an experiment with another pretreatment for my self when I get a chance.

I haven't tried using another pretreatment yet. When I bought my printer I went straight to using IA because of reading all the reviews and hearing the negative about the DuPont pretreatment

I have no major problems with it besides not being able to print on Grey shirts with white ink.

I just stopped offering charcoal and grey shirts for the moment besides ash grey. I rarely have anyone request charcoal anyway.

Old July 23rd, 2014 Jul 23, 2014 4:30:42 AM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Matthew
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchandler52
Yes Correct. That is why I am believing that it is the pretreatment.

Also MMARZOLF expressed that he/she didn't have a problem when using anajet pretreatment on the same shirts. Which again led me to believe that it was the pretreatment.

But It looks like a good amount of you have now said you have the same problem regardless of pretreatment. I will just do an experiment with another pretreatment for my self when I get a chance.

I haven't tried using another pretreatment yet. When I bought my printer I went straight to using IA because of reading all the reviews and hearing the negative about the DuPont pretreatment

I have no major problems with it besides not being able to print on Grey shirts with white ink.

I just stopped offering charcoal and grey shirts for the moment besides ash grey. I rarely have anyone request charcoal anyway.
Well, there are two different issues though. There's issues with the pretreat staining/marking the shirts, even without heating. Then there's is the bleed through on heat-pressing to the other side of the shirt. We had this happen as well but found a work around. It only happened for us where there was white ink. We didn't think much of the discoloration just from spraying them with pretreat as sometimes pre-treat discolors shirts but it always washed out.

Old July 23rd, 2014 Jul 23, 2014 11:28:19 AM -   #40 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 846 Posts

ok, i printed 2 "grey" shirts last night, and i apologize in advance that 1) my white ink wasn't fully "white", and 2) my pics aren't the best.

both shirts are Gildan because that's what i had in these colors. i don't recommend using Gilden with white ink. that being said, they didn't come out horrible. the first shirt is "Ice Grey", and the second shirt is "Charcoal". both were pretreated with Image Armour LIGHT, and printed with DuPont inks. there are no stains, no bleaching, and nothing transferred to the other side. you can see a mark on the Charcoal from the heat press. i will update after they are washed. i used a good amount of pretreat since i knew that Gildan soaks it up. it's quite possible that the AMOUNT of pretreat used is partly to blame, buy my guess is that using IA LIGHT will fix most of these issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eagle.jpg (184.6 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Pirate.jpg (273.2 KB, 59 views)
MZDEELO likes this.

Old July 25th, 2014 Jul 25, 2014 2:04:57 PM -   #41 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Is the Internet co logo shirt available anywhere for sale ?
Thanks, [email protected]

Old August 1st, 2014 Aug 1, 2014 5:27:58 AM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Geo

A little late to the post but maybe you guys can still help me out.*
I've been getting good colors prints with IA (so I think, still new at this), but I can't seem to get rid of the "pretreatment box". I've tried spraying mist of distilled water before applying the pretreatment(I've read in another post) and still can't to get rid of it. Do you guys know if adding water or vinegar to the pretreatment will help with this? Washability? I've been applying pretreatment and then heat pressing at 330F for 30 seconds(tried anajet's paper, teflon, and parchment paper when heat pressing). Using Canvas and American apparel, although American apparel isn't as bad with it.*
Pointers anyone? I'll add some pics.*first two are from an American apparel print, and the skull is on a Canvas tee.

Still kinda new at this. Just trying to get it sorted out. P.S. I've tried anywhere from 20g-28g of pretreatment.*
Thanks in advance guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using T-Shirt Forums
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406895746271.jpg (40.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406895791844.jpg (57.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406895821364.jpg (26.2 KB, 39 views)

Old August 1st, 2014 Aug 1, 2014 6:55:57 AM -   #43 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,073 Times in 920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdrop
A little late to the post but maybe you guys can still help me out.*
I've been getting good colors prints with IA (so I think, still new at this), but I can't seem to get rid of the "pretreatment box". I've tried spraying mist of distilled water before applying the pretreatment(I've read in another post) and still can't to get rid of it. Do you guys know if adding water or vinegar to the pretreatment will help with this? Washability? I've been applying pretreatment and then heat pressing at 330F for 30 seconds(tried anajet's paper, teflon, and parchment paper when heat pressing). Using Canvas and American apparel, although American apparel isn't as bad with it.*
Pointers anyone? I'll add some pics.*first two are from an American apparel print, and the skull is on a Canvas tee.

Still kinda new at this. Just trying to get it sorted out. P.S. I've tried anywhere from 20g-28g of pretreatment.*
Thanks in advance guys!

What are you using to spray the pretreatment?

_

Old August 1st, 2014 Aug 1, 2014 6:59:39 AM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

The Wagner sprayer. I do three horizontal passes and row vertical. I use a squeegee as well.

Old August 1st, 2014 Aug 1, 2014 7:00:01 AM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

*two vertical

This is a discussion about Amazing prints using Image Armor that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in