[Anajet] Amazing prints using Image Armor - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

[Anajet] Amazing prints using Image Armor

Like Tree5Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 15th, 2014 Jan 15, 2014 6:13:33 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Brian
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Amazing prints using Image Armor

If you get a pinkish color immediately after pretreating (prior to curing the pt) then there is definitely issues with the chemicals / residues / water in the shirts reacting with the pretreatment. If the LIGHT does this too then I'd definitely look for other shirt brands.

Someone had said in another forum that a while back (1 year or two) Gildan changed where/how they manufactured their shirts and they went from really good to a lot of the issues you are experiencing for those who use them for DTG printing.
MZDEELO likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brian Walker For This Useful Post:
carolinacuts (January 15th, 2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 15th, 2014 Jan 15, 2014 6:24:55 AM -   #17 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Gildan is a shirt to stay away from for sure. Very inconsistent. According to a Gildan rep they had started treating the shirts to make them softer. Since then they have been very hit and miss. Even screen guys are having issues. They never were a great shirt for DTG.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using T-Shirt Forums
FIREBIRDken likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiderx1 For This Useful Post:
carolinacuts (January 15th, 2014), MZDEELO (July 21st, 2014)
Old July 21st, 2014 Jul 21, 2014 7:52:43 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Matthew
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

We just had a batch of shirts destroyed by image armor. I guess we're going back to Anajet's pre-treat solution.

Old July 21st, 2014 Jul 21, 2014 7:58:04 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 846 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMARZOLF
We just had a batch of shirts destroyed by image armor. I guess we're going back to Anajet's pre-treat solution.
please elaborate with your issues of "destruction". pics would be helpful as well.

i've been using IA since it came out, and have not had one single shirt ruined or destroyed. an orange shirt had a pretreat stain, but it came out in the wash.

Old July 21st, 2014 Jul 21, 2014 7:59:32 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMARZOLF

Pics, or describe what happened? No issues on cotton or poly.

Old July 21st, 2014 Jul 21, 2014 8:18:54 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Large areas of orange on charcoal grey shirts. 100% Cotton. I'm sure Image armor will say it's something in the shirt and the shirt manufacturer will say it's something in the image armor and we're stuck with the bill. It sucks because the image armor does give a crisper image than the anajet solution, but we used anajet solution with the same shirts from the same batch with no issues(we ran out of the image armor and we still had an unopened anajet bottle from before our recent switch). It's a shame but we have to go with what we can rely on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0443.JPG (2.57 MB, 98 views)

Old July 21st, 2014 Jul 21, 2014 8:45:00 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

interesting. have you sent those images to Brian? it's well known that charcoal is a problem color. i've had issues with charcoal using AnaJet's (DuPont) pretreat as well. but if it works for you, then keep doing it. overall, i've had MUCH better images and wash fastness with Image Armour.

Old July 21st, 2014 Jul 21, 2014 9:09:56 AM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23spiderman
interesting. have you sent those images to Brian? it's well known that charcoal is a problem color. i've had issues with charcoal using AnaJet's (DuPont) pretreat as well. but if it works for you, then keep doing it. overall, i've had MUCH better images and wash fastness with Image Armour.
I haven't had time to yet - scrambling to try and redo job in time for delivery.

Old July 21st, 2014 Jul 21, 2014 9:19:53 AM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

That's interesting.

Yes, it is a reaction with the PT and the way the shirt was processed for the charcoal color. Hence, testing prior to full production runs. I am assuming that since you said it has worked great for you prior to using this color of shirts from whatever manufacturer, it has performed as expected on those colors. Unfortunately this manufacturer and charcoal the two do not like to play together.

Unfortunately, we can't control all the variables of different shirt manufacturers and their processes and make it work in every situation in concert with the pretreatment even as we try to do. Just as 23Spiderman mentioned he had the same issue, in reverse of what you experience, but with the Dupont PT. For whatever reason the Charcoal is one of the worst colors for what you experienced when trying to pretreat.

Old July 21st, 2014 Jul 21, 2014 12:08:33 PM -   #25 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

one more question...maybe i missed it earlier. were you using IA Light, or IA Dark on those shirts? if you were using "dark", try the "light" as it can still handle white ink, and shouldn't leave that mark.

Old July 21st, 2014 Jul 21, 2014 12:27:16 PM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Good call 23Spiderman. I didn't think to ask that.... the DARK would possibly do that. The LIGHT would be more forgiving on those hard to handle mid colors.

Old July 22nd, 2014 Jul 22, 2014 1:52:26 AM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I have also had that orange stain on two different brands of grey shirts. One Charcoal shirt it stained through the back of the shirt and left the front image on the back and also some silver shirts. Also I am noticing ash grey shirts print well 80% of the time but after pressing on some of the shirts it leaves like a darker rust looking color on the shirt. but it does not go through the back of the shirt like the other colors.

Black shirts it works great on.

Old July 22nd, 2014 Jul 22, 2014 4:57:13 AM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Some shirts I've found need a slip sheet put in-between before pressing or you can get a ghosting through the shirt. I am not sure exactly why yet, but most seem to be Gildan, and/or certain colors. The way to resolve the ghosting through is to utilize a slip sheet before pressing - put it in between the shirt front and back or thread the shirt onto the heat press like the Stalls Fusion heat presses allow.

Old July 22nd, 2014 Jul 22, 2014 8:31:14 AM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

That was the first thing I tried when I noticed that happen. I tried putting a Teflon sheet in between the charcoal shirt I printed and it bleed back to the front around the printed image.

Old July 22nd, 2014 Jul 22, 2014 9:03:22 AM -   #30 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

again, pictures would be helpful...

also, please specify which IA product is being used, "Light" or "Dark". i haven't had any staining on any color when using IA "Light". i have only used this on the lighter shades of garments. i just printed an order of Fruit of the Loom HD shirts in "Silver" on the front and back and had no bleeding, and no discoloration. i don't particularly care for that shirt, but i had to use it due to needing youth sizes in that color.

if i get some time today, i'll print a test on charcoal with the IA Light and see how it does.

This is a discussion about Amazing prints using Image Armor that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in