[Anajet] mPower or Neoflex??? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

[Anajet] mPower or Neoflex???

Like Tree8Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 14th, 2012 Feb 14, 2012 4:01:16 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Chris
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default mPower or Neoflex???

In the market for a DTG printer, but am currently torn between the Neoflex and the Anajet mPower series...

Researched both extensively and seem like both have their advantages and disadvantages.

mPower: Simple, reliable, durable ricoh anti-clog print head, speed, ink recycling system, more portable and the customer service reputation of Anajet.

Neoflex: Versatility, Sharper clearer images on black(supposedly), larger print area, multiple shirt tray with the head moving over the trays instead of the opposite(tray moving).

Just having a difficult time choosing. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 15th, 2012 Feb 15, 2012 8:03:14 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: mPower or Neoflex???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShirt
In the market for a DTG printer, but am currently torn between the Neoflex and the Anajet mPower series...

Researched both extensively and seem like both have their advantages and disadvantages.

mPower: Simple, reliable, durable ricoh anti-clog print head, speed, ink recycling system, more portable and the customer service reputation of Anajet.

Neoflex: Versatility, Sharper clearer images on black(supposedly), larger print area, multiple shirt tray with the head moving over the trays instead of the opposite(tray moving).

Just having a difficult time choosing. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...
Chris, To truly evaluate both printers, I would send a file of your creation to have them printed. I would also go to a trade show and see the same image, printed at the same resolution setting. The epson heads are the current standard for the less expensive machines, but when it comes down to it they are pretty much the same speed for the same amount of ink printed. The neoRIP is an excellent example of how the software makes the grade in this application. It's quite impressive. With what I saw at the ISS in long beach the RIP that comes with Mpower did an great job on a test print I had and printed at a rate that would double if not triple the output of the same size imprint. You need to take your time to check both printers to see what will work for your business model. Also, there are several other new printers out there that are "new generation" that you need to consider.

The Following User Says Thank You to zoom_monster For This Useful Post:
thedigiguy (August 2nd, 2014)
Old February 15th, 2012 Feb 15, 2012 9:17:42 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Kris

I would also like to hear what people have to say.

Old February 15th, 2012 Feb 15, 2012 11:49:13 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Teach

I agree with Z. See them in action at a trade show and provide one of your own files as a sample. But whichever you choose, the main ingredient in producing quality prints is YOU. You must achieve mastery of the printer as there is a learning curve with each one.

Old February 16th, 2012 Feb 16, 2012 7:58:48 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_monster
Also, there are several other new printers out there that are "new generation" that you need to consider.
What are some of the new generation printers you mention? I'm about to pull the trigger on an mPower but now you've shaken my confidence. What machine do you run, if you don't mind my asking?
Thanks!

Old February 16th, 2012 Feb 16, 2012 8:21:06 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Articulate Creation
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Funny Chris, I am in the same exact position. I have been researching DTG printers and learning a whole lot about them over the last 5 months or so. I am currently between a Neoflex and an Anajet Mpower. Although, I received samples of white and black printed shirts from both companies and I must say Neoflex is much better quality on black.. even the white shirt print of the Neo is more vibrant. Anajet's mpower prints on black almost take on a heat transfer type of look because the ink has a sort of sheen to it. I am not a fan of the way it looks for a 25K machine. Neoflex's print on black looks higher resolution and the ink looks much more "set in", let's say, to the shirt... more similar to water based screen prints. When showing my fiance (who knows nothing about this industry) the two shirts side by side, said "hands down the shirt with the samurai (Neoflex print) over the transformer (Mpower print)" That just gives me the idea of what a customers initial opinion of their product choice between the two would be.
So you have to weigh the options. Deal with an epson based print head and more maintenance/higher ink waste costs but achieve better looking prints? Or chose easy maintenance and low ink waste but deal with a print quality that could be better? For me the answer might be Neoflex.
Ahhh, If only the neoflex had the capability of ink waste retrieval and no head clogs like the mpower seems to claim! My worry with a Neo is that I will not have enough business at the start of owning it and that ink waste costs from cleanings will cause me major headaches.
Either way I am going to try to get to either the Atlantic City or Ohio ISS show to see these things in action. Good luck with your choice Chris and best of luck in this industry also!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcgurren For This Useful Post:
Rodney (March 13th, 2012), stevegamble (July 1st, 2012)
Old February 16th, 2012 Feb 16, 2012 9:27:09 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Cathy

Having spoken with both companies and seen both machines in action at ISS Long Beach, the decision is indeed difficult. Both machines seem to have their pros and cons. One major difference that I personally know of is customer service with Neoflex, and lack of customer service with Anajet. When a company does not return your calls when you wish to purchase one of their machines, what makes you think they will respond if you actually GET one and require help with it? This is just my perspective...

Old February 16th, 2012 Feb 16, 2012 12:05:43 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwalsh611
What are some of the new generation printers you mention? I'm about to pull the trigger on an mPower but now you've shaken my confidence. What machine do you run, if you don't mind my asking?
Thanks!
KLwalsh611,

I have the older Anajet going on 5 years. I'm very happy with the machine and the service, so that's plus. New machines... I saw the M-series by DTG america, Aeoon, and the Brother Graphiti. All had pros and cons and not all really showed their ultimate (in my opinion) at the ISS show in Long Beach.

Old February 16th, 2012 Feb 16, 2012 1:43:34 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Best way is to send them your design have them print one dark and one on white with your design. Put them in the washer. After a couple of times ware them in between washes at end of a couple weeks see what holds up the best(make sure you mark the tage to remember who did what). We recieved a couple at last years show in alantic city none of them held up. But it wasn't either of these manufactures.

Old February 16th, 2012 Feb 16, 2012 2:46:26 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Articulate Creation
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Just to clear up my previous post, I spoke with a guy at anajet today who said that they have had some bad samples go out recently and the reason for the shiny crappy look to the black shirt print was that their guys have swtiched in the last week to teflon paper for curing instead of parchment paper. He says that he is going to fix the issue and is printing a graphic of my own for me and sending out a new sample. He said the mpower can achieve same print quality as neoflex. I will update when I receive the new sample

Old February 27th, 2012 Feb 27, 2012 7:40:05 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I am curious if the Ricoh print heads are a sure thing. I have a Rich 7000 for sublimation and print heads blew from clogging, in only owning less than year and half. Now they say you leave it on all the time so that won't happen although I did have it on most of the time. I know sublimation inks are different but we are still talking about Richoh heads being better than Epson. Can anyone explain that/can it be different for DTG?

Old March 3rd, 2012 Mar 3, 2012 10:07:39 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Both machines are good, I've never heard of a print head never to clog, white ink has pigment and is reason for clogging. I know though hands down has a better print, to get exact comparison use same image on both and send being them a shirt to print on, better quality shirts have a better print. Also neoflex tech support is the best out there, I personally know because the owner gave me there numbers to call at 9 pm and they answered and helped me out when they weren't working to fix something to finish an order.
Also what do you want more output, cheaper not as good print or bight quality print, customer satisfied with amazement great service an easy.

Also remember about drying time, if shirts are being printed faster than they can dry, you will have to stop production after a few since you can pile up, many times on neo as soon as one is done. The previous one just finished drying so it's a continuation. And if drying is quicker than print, during down time I fold them bag them box them, even pretreat sometimes.

Good luck on your choice

Old March 3rd, 2012 Mar 3, 2012 12:58:51 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by glupo
Also remember about drying time, if shirts are being printed faster than they can dry, you will have to stop production after a few since you can pile up, many times on neo as soon as one is done. The previous one just finished drying so it's a continuation. And if drying is quicker than print, during down time I fold them bag them box them, even pretreat sometimes.
I really do not understand people's argument here. If you buy a production machine you must also be prepared to buy the drying equipment capable of keeping up. This is like saying that if you have a manual screen press there is no point in upgrading to an automatic, because you can't cure all of the shirts coming off the automatic with your 24" drier. When I upgraded to my automatic I also upgraded to a much larger drier in order to keep up. The same thing should be said here. I have three presses for pretreat and curing in order to keep up with my MP10. I get good quality and around 50 darks an hour. glupo I am not singling you out here. I have just seen a lot of people say this same thing...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChadAGG For This Useful Post:
Karl T (March 5th, 2012), Rodney (March 13th, 2012)
Old March 3rd, 2012 Mar 3, 2012 1:13:04 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: John

I have been and seen both in action this past week or so, the Neo was in barcelona an dthe MP10 in UK, gotta say I was sold on the NEO until I seen the MP10 in action. FAST, yes i see a lot of posts emphasising quality and yes, it is important but this was good too and really are we gonna aim to get get photo quality on a tshirt, no. Also it is a trade off between production time and quality. We all know the order for 300 darks needed tomorrow is gonna drop on us at 3pm and I think 600 dpi for the speed is a good trade off.

John
brixen likes this.

Old March 3rd, 2012 Mar 3, 2012 1:36:15 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

That is a good point, unfortunately I am a one man show so 3 presses might be overboard. If your Capable of having 3 and maybe another helper you could do it. Than u need to calculate extra cost and space . The. Neo actually does photo quality prints, just need to do it on a nuce combed cotton tee. I don't know how much the mp10 is, because that's a factor. It might be double the neo, I don't know but I think it is, than u could buy two neo and have two different jobs printing with better quality. Food for thought.

The Following User Says Thank You to g.lupo For This Useful Post:
Rodney (March 13th, 2012)

This is a discussion about mPower or Neoflex??? that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in