[Anajet] mPower or Neoflex??? - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

[Anajet] mPower or Neoflex???

Like Tree8Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 20th, 2012 Mar 20, 2012 8:57:21 AM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: mPower or Neoflex???

The ink cost is very dependent on the image, especially with our system. since the white layer is dynamically created to use only the minimum amount of ink necessary to achieve a set color it varies drastically. The coke image you have is anywhere to $2.80-$3.00 do to the heavy coverage of white. Most images you will have less coverage and will cost betwen $1 and $2 dollars for darks.

Since the white layer is created when you rip an image there is no real chart we can give you for coverage. You can be assured however that the cost will be the cheapest possible without sacrificing color density or vibrancy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2012 Mar 20, 2012 10:13:45 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I knew the costs did depend on the designs, but I have a customer who is already comparing me to a silk screener costs, which I know I can't touch their prices. If a design say is $2 in ink costs would the retail be $4 to the customer?

Old March 20th, 2012 Mar 20, 2012 10:32:46 AM -   #33 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

I think you should consider more than just marketing up the ink cost. You have to look at the number of shirts you can realistically print an hour (one off vs. longer runs), the realistic number of shirts you are going to get orders for, your total investment into dtg printing (i.e. cost of the dtg printer, pretreater, ancillary equipment,...), all your other costs (i.e. ink costs, garment cost, rent,...) and what your desired return on investment is? Once you have the answers to these questions, then you will have the knowledge to establish pricing.

I suggest to dtg printers to reevaluate their pricing 1-2 times a year to make sure that your answers to the questions above are the same or if they have changed, you are aware of how that effects your pricing.

Just my opinion. Best wishes,

Mark

Old March 20th, 2012 Mar 20, 2012 10:52:24 AM -   #34 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I would add some markup, but not worry about doubling the cost of ink. I would charge for time(60-80 per hr?) and divide that by the amount of shirts that can be produced. Definitely mark up the t-shirt. If competing with screener, you have to upsell the fact that this is 4 color process, no screen charges, no seps and yes you can do only one if needed or fit a smaller version on the boss's grandkids toddler shirt for no additional charge. There is a point where all those other costs zero out and are cheaper with screen. Just like the screener can't be cheaper with 4 color process on 25 shirts, you cannot be cheaper on single color imprints.

Old March 20th, 2012 Mar 20, 2012 12:22:42 PM -   #35 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 Stitches
Hi Second Husband!,
I sent you a post the week we got back-where the pictures you posted from the Atlantic City show, but have not seen where you saw it.
Great to hear from you and we are excited to get our new Neo.
I do have a question for you as I wish I had looked at the costs of the prints, I usually do, your tech told me it calculated it, but I never actually looked at the cost for the prints I watched you print. I have no idea what a design costs, like the Coke bottles with the girl on it you made for us (my son loved it and got many compliments at school on it). Do you all have a spreadsheet or something on that?
LMAO, you are not changed. Tons of humor and jokes.
1. When you miss me sometimes visit my photo collections.
Pictures by mp19134 - Photobucket
2. You should be excite about you will be a NeoFamily with two husbands. I won't disappoint you.
3. ink cost: once we close computer we lost size we printed at show.
4. I am so happy that my stepson loved 2nd father's gift.
5. Your success is our success!
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Old March 20th, 2012 Mar 20, 2012 12:57:28 PM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: K-DuB

Wouldn't this really be comparing RIPS?

Old March 20th, 2012 Mar 20, 2012 5:36:40 PM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks Mark, I always like to hear your perpestive on this industry!

Old March 20th, 2012 Mar 20, 2012 5:37:51 PM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

perspective I mean

Old March 20th, 2012 Mar 20, 2012 6:34:32 PM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdub718
Wouldn't this really be comparing RIPS?
If this were the case everyone would have the same output. There are certain things that RIP cannot do if the ability is not within the hardware.

Old March 20th, 2012 Mar 20, 2012 6:35:47 PM -   #40 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Not a problem. Pricing and pretreating are the two most underrated areas for people getting into dtg printing. Sometimes I wish there was a magic formula, but there is not.

Here is my best advice. Take a hard look at the questions above and create your first round of pricing. For the first two months keep a log of the number of shirts you print, the square inches of the artwork, total amount ink used (not from the RIP, but actual from the bottles or cartridges used - weigh the cartridges before you start printing and when you are done to get actual ink used), the time it took to print the jobs and what revenues were generated. Then reevaluate your pricing. Make changes if necessary.

Good luck,

Mark

The Following User Says Thank You to DAGuide For This Useful Post:
thedigiguy (August 2nd, 2014)
Old May 13th, 2014 May 13, 2014 12:17:19 PM -   #41 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Fred

As an owner of a DTG, I am a newbie in the industry of DTG. I am happy when it prints because it prints well. Unfortunately, problems on the machine is taking more of my time rather than learning about the software, profiles, pretreating, etc. Instead, i'm consumed on troubleshooting on an actual problem with the machine. At least tech support is available to take my call.

Old May 13th, 2014 May 13, 2014 12:39:41 PM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Print1Shirt
As an owner of a DTG, I am a newbie in the industry of DTG. I am happy when it prints because it prints well. Unfortunately, problems on the machine is taking more of my time rather than learning about the software, profiles, pretreating, etc. Instead, i'm consumed on troubleshooting on an actual problem with the machine. At least tech support is available to take my call.
That is very frustrating I know. I had similar problems but included the puzzle of pretreating
correctly. I just wanted you to know you were not alone!

Old July 24th, 2014 Jul 24, 2014 7:10:16 AM -   #43 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: juls

i have an anajet and this past year i purchased the neoflex. the neoflex beats it hands down. the color is spectacular. the support is second to none. join the neo family. you will not regret it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jdqb For This Useful Post:
allamerican (August 2nd, 2014), EricDeem (July 24th, 2014), spiderx1 (July 24th, 2014)
Old August 2nd, 2014 Aug 2, 2014 8:39:30 AM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Chuck
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

All of the above are important. The hardware, the rip, the garment you choose, the level of training you receive when you buy a printer, the level of support after the sale, the true cost of ink and pre treat, labor, how much time will you have to spend maintaing your printer, just to name a few.
Is speed the most important thing? Is quality of print the most important?
If I was starting today I would have all prospective companies print my graphic on shirts I supplied. I would compare them before wash. I would cut them in half. Keep one half out and never wash it so I had a starting point for comparison. I would wash the other half and compare them to the half not washed at 1 wash 5, 10 and 20. It's not just the how the image looks when it's new, it's also about how long it lasts.

Old August 2nd, 2014 Aug 2, 2014 9:23:31 AM -   #45 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Answer is easy.
Price?
Quality out put?
After Service?
Supply cost?
Research more in TSF.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
thedigiguy (August 2nd, 2014)

This is a discussion about mPower or Neoflex??? that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in