[Anajet] Stuck in Auto Maintenance Mode! - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

[Anajet] Stuck in Auto Maintenance Mode!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 9th, 2011 Oct 9, 2011 8:22:18 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: David
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Stuck in Auto Maintenance Mode!

Okay! Well it finally happened to me. I've had my Sprint for just over a year with absolutely no problems. I woke up this morning only to hear some beeps coming from downstairs and went down to check. The thing was in auto maintenance mode and had been for some time apparently. I shut it off and let it sit for a while and then turned it back on and powered it up. Right back to auto maintenance mode! And it figures this would happen right after my warranty just expired!!! I have read some of the other posts on this topic but none of them really have said whether or not any solutions have been found. Can anyone tell me if there is a solution or am I looking at a bunch of money to get this resolved. I have two orders that I need to get done and don't have the time for this right now!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2011 Oct 9, 2011 2:27:46 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: Stuck in Auto Maintenance Mode!

Call Anajet it's an easy fix, there very knowlagable.
Good luck

Old October 9th, 2011 Oct 9, 2011 7:46:43 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Clean your encoder strip and if that doesn't do it, you will have to clean the encoder disk that is located in the back of the printer. You have will to take off the back of the printer and a silver cap. Very easy to do. To clean the encoder strip and disk, you need to mix 1:1 esproypal alcohol and distilled water. The soak a paper towel and wrap it over the encorder strip and slide it back and forth then dry it off with a paper towel.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcmsellers For This Useful Post:
ken692 (October 10th, 2011)

Old October 9th, 2011 Oct 9, 2011 8:30:57 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: C
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I don't suggest alcohol this can dry up parts. I suggest Original formula windex w/ ammonia this has less harsh elements. Its faster at cleaning and breaks up the ink. Do not use heavily dilute with 50% water when used as a daily cleaner.

Also try to uninstall and reinstall your rip or look for repair option your software

Old October 10th, 2011 Oct 10, 2011 3:09:17 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmsellers
Clean your encoder strip and if that doesn't do it, you will have to clean the encoder disk that is located in the back of the printer. You have will to take off the back of the printer and a silver cap. Very easy to do. To clean the encoder strip and disk, you need to mix 1:1 esproypal alcohol and distilled water. The soak a paper towel and wrap it over the encorder strip and slide it back and forth then dry it off with a paper towel.
I'm going to take the back off this morning and have a look. Where exactly is the encoder disk when I open the back? Any suggestions on how to clean it?

Old October 10th, 2011 Oct 10, 2011 9:07:04 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The reason I suggested the alcohol and distilled water mix is because that is what Anajet had me do.

Old October 10th, 2011 Oct 10, 2011 9:35:22 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: C
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmsellers
The reason I suggested the alcohol and distilled water mix is because that is what Anajet had me do.
Yes, some recommendations (after your warranty) should be tossed in the trash and go with your gut feeling and what works for YOU!!!!

Old October 10th, 2011 Oct 10, 2011 11:29:36 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I would not take the back off, just clean the printhead strip and that chip holder will take a day to get shipped, if you call Im sure it's under $100 and it worked for me. you can just get one and keep it on hand. it will save you. then you will know its good. dont let it sit the ink will clog you

Ken

Old October 10th, 2011 Oct 10, 2011 12:27:28 PM -   #9 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Ken,

Very interesting that cleaning the encoder strip was part of what they had you do. The auto maintenance mode is not something that I am aware of that Epson creates. It is a piece of firmware that most dtg manufacturers create themselves. I guess it depends on what code they send to the printer and the operations the printer does based on this code that can put it into some type of loop. I could see more of a reason why the ink chip board could cause this compared to the encoder strip or encoder disk.

David, when you work through this challenge... please post what you did to resolve it.

Mark

Old October 10th, 2011 Oct 10, 2011 12:41:23 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGuide
Ken,

Very interesting that cleaning the encoder strip was part of what they had you do. The auto maintenance mode is not something that I am aware of that Epson creates. It is a piece of firmware that most dtg manufacturers create themselves. I guess it depends on what code they send to the printer and the operations the printer does based on this code that can put it into some type of loop. I could see more of a reason why the ink chip board could cause this compared to the encoder strip or encoder disk.

David, when you work through this challenge... please post what you did to resolve it.

Mark
Mark,

I tried everything this morning and spent about 30 minutes with Anajet Tech Support. Long story short, they are overnighting me a new circuit board. It's the main board that is basically the brains of the machine. Who knows what happened! But I'm crossing my fingers that the new board will do the trick because I have some jobs lined up that need to get done by this weekend.

David

Old October 10th, 2011 Oct 10, 2011 1:35:33 PM -   #11 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhearn
Mark,

I tried everything this morning and spent about 30 minutes with Anajet Tech Support. Long story short, they are overnighting me a new circuit board. It's the main board that is basically the brains of the machine. Who knows what happened! But I'm crossing my fingers that the new board will do the trick because I have some jobs lined up that need to get done by this weekend.

David
David,

I would expect the issue to be more to do with a board since that holds the firmware that controls the auto maintenance mode then another component. I guess you will find out soon enough. Best wishes that a new board resolves your problem.

Mark

Old October 10th, 2011 Oct 10, 2011 2:02:39 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGuide
David,

I would expect the issue to be more to do with a board since that holds the firmware that controls the auto maintenance mode then another component. I guess you will find out soon enough. Best wishes that a new board resolves your problem.

Mark
Thanks Mark! I'll try to post tomorrow and let everyone know what the outcome is. Personally, I wish they would stop it from doing the auto maintenance. It would come in handy to keep things flowing if I didn't use the machine a lot. But mine stays running all the time. And it's a pain in the a$$ when you are in the middle of a big run and it decides to stop to do it.

Old October 19th, 2011 Oct 19, 2011 9:14:26 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Dave did u get up and running?

Old October 20th, 2011 Oct 20, 2011 5:11:09 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken692
Dave did u get up and running?
Unfortunately not. We have tried everything including replacing the main print engine board, the ICH module and the main print head cable. Something is shorting out and blowing the surface mount micro fuse, which I have also replaced. But to no avail. Anajet is sending me a loaner printer and I am shipping mine back to them for repair. Something is causing that fuse to keep blowing and we can't figure out what.

Old October 20th, 2011 Oct 20, 2011 7:25:37 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I know its a drag, but on the good side Anajet will go over the system for you. and will more than likely update the firmware, replace worn parts on the cap station, and other parts. you will be happy when you get her back. good luck

K-

This is a discussion about Stuck in Auto Maintenance Mode! that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in