[Anajet] Where are fuses located? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

[Anajet] Where are fuses located?

Like Tree5Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 29th, 2011 Jun 29, 2011 3:46:55 PM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Where are fuses located?

Where are the fuses located and can they be changed out? Thanks for any insight as machine can do head cleanings and ink charges however when it is printing on a shirt no ink comes out. The head is operating normally otherwise. Thanks for any insight.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 29th, 2011 Jun 29, 2011 4:07:37 PM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Paul

Default Re: Where are fuses located?

This sounds like its the fuse on the print board and it is not like your standard fuse. Please contact AnaJet tech support right away so we can help you with this.

Old August 6th, 2011 Aug 6, 2011 9:49:13 AM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: BP

Mine is doing the exact same thing.....not less than a year after I spent close to 2,000 bucks sending it to Anajet for the same problem. They ended up replacing fuses and replacing a brand new printhead that apparently wasnt working. Brand new printhead that I had purchased form Anajet that apparently caused the fuses to blow and somehow the printhead was blown too. This machine is the greatest contributor to most of the cursing that originates form our shop.

For those of us that are tech savvy and can turn a wrench....does anyone know if its possible to simply send off the print board for repair instead of spending 300 bucks to ship this thing to California????

Or where can you purchase these fuses F1 and F2 and have the repairs made locally?

Also, wouldnt it make absolute sense to instead replace these two fuses which tend to blow every freaking time you replace the printhead with external fuses you can simply pop in and out???

Last but not least.....I have an FP-125 thats currently not printing for sale! Make me an offer.

Old August 23rd, 2011 Aug 23, 2011 11:35:14 PM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

What is the proper Rating of the F2 fuse?

Old October 4th, 2011 Oct 4, 2011 3:14:36 PM -  
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Rob

Did you ever find out where the fuses are located? I am having the same problem now, but no one from Anajet tech support will help more or tell me where the fuses are located on the control board or what they look like.

They want me to send it in to replace the entire board, but my thought process is I might as well try to replace the fuses myself first. Any help would be AMAZING!

Old October 4th, 2011 Oct 4, 2011 3:14:51 PM -  
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Did you ever find out where the fuses are located? I am having the same problem now, but no one from Anajet tech support will help more or tell me where the fuses are located on the control board or what they look like.

They want me to send it in to replace the entire board, but my thought process is I might as well try to replace the fuses myself first. Any help would be AMAZING!

Old October 4th, 2011 Oct 4, 2011 4:15:03 PM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

The fuses are located on the main board. F1 fuse is located directly in front of the heat sink (the aluminum object with lots of fins on it). The F2 fuse is actually on the bottom side of the main board which would require you to unplug everything and turn it over to see it. Typically its this F2 fuse that blows.

You gotta understand ANAJET's position. Last thing they want is for you to complicate or make the problem worse and end up costing yourself even more money. If you've indeed blown the fuse you can indeed repair it yourself with the right micro tools and experience in soldering tiny fuses on motherboards but its definitely not a recommended do it yourselfer type of job.

If youve got the cajones to attempt the fix...certainly let us know how it works out for you. If you confirm youve blown the fuse and simply would prefer to replace the board...you'll end up dropping around $250.00 for the board. Again keep in mind that reconnecting all the wires back on to the board incorrectly after replacement can lead to the same problem the minute you turn it back on.

Having said all that.....I'm fixing mine on my own!
8bithealey likes this.

Old October 5th, 2011 Oct 5, 2011 7:09:51 AM -  
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thank you SO much for getting back to me! Ok so I am looking at the board, I see the F1 fuse on the end of the right board, but do you know out of the 3 parts which the F2 is located under. I didn't see it under than one, and am afraid Im not going to remember all the wires so am trying to unplug as little as possible haha.

Thanks again!

Old October 5th, 2011 Oct 5, 2011 7:33:19 AM -  
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thank you SO much for getting back to me! Ok so I am looking at the board, I see the F1 fuse on the end of the right board, but do you know out of the 3 parts which the F2 is located under. I didn't see it under than one, and am afraid Im not going to remember all the wires so am trying to unplug as little as possible haha.

Thanks again!

Old October 6th, 2011 Oct 6, 2011 5:22:48 PM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Before you disconnect anything take notes of whats connected to what. label wires or ables as well and as a third measure take digital pictures of the assemblyprior to unplugging anything and take them from different angles so that you can refer to them if you need to at time of installation.
8bithealey likes this.

Old October 7th, 2011 Oct 7, 2011 8:16:26 AM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Herb

At the risk of sounding like a know it all (I am not), I am going to chime in.
The fuse/fuses in question are not even visable without removing the EPSON board. IF you successfully get that part done you will need some really impressive soldering skills to replace the fuses. Any discharge of static during this operation and you not only run the risk of damaging more than you started with but may wipe out the printhead in the process. I feel all your pain, been down this road myself. One may think that a better way to go would be to swap the board with a new one,,,, okay, but, there is nothing to say the printhead is still okay at this point. You put a new board in, still does not print and you have no idea where your issues are. As a side note, this is not ANAJET's creation. This is the EPSON board and has been created by them. Could/should ANAJET put some pressure on EPSON to do something different, like give us replaceable fuses? I think yes, but again, just my opinion..
8bithealey likes this.

Old October 7th, 2011 Oct 7, 2011 9:05:16 AM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You are correct IRONHOG...asI I previously informed Night Owl in a post that "The fuses are located on the main board. F1 fuse is located directly in front of the heat sink (the aluminum object with lots of fins on it). The F2 fuse is actually on the bottom side of the main board which would require you to unplug everything and turn it over to see it. Typically its this F2 fuse that blows"...."If you've indeed blown the fuse you can indeed repair it yourself with the right micro tools and experience in soldering tiny fuses on motherboards but its definitely not a recommended do it yourselfer type of job".

Anajet has indeed done the right thing....theyve come out with the Mpower which is a gamechanger. No more epson mainboard and no more easy clog printheads.

My personal recommendation? trade your FP-125 in for an Mpower5and get a 6,000 dollar trade in on it an dlet them worry about what to do with it. You end up with a much much faster machine with multiple printheads and a continuous ink flow system thats off the chain! I've got mine on order.
8bithealey likes this.

Old February 3rd, 2012 Feb 3, 2012 3:06:26 PM -  
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Can anyone verify if the main circuit board is the exact circuit board from an Epson R1800? Could I replace it with an R1800 Main Board? Did Anajet makes any changes to the R1800 board used in the FP-125?

The Following User Says Thank You to VAST For This Useful Post:
Chris BAYFITTED (May 8th, 2014)
Old April 22nd, 2014 Apr 22, 2014 10:01:34 PM -  
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Question Re: Where are fuses located?

So did anybody fix the motherboard on there own?
i just caused this exact problem to my fp125.
any suggestions? i dont have the $ to have it sent to anajet!

Old April 24th, 2014 Apr 24, 2014 3:32:44 AM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mark

The main board in the Anajet FP-125 is the same as the Epson R1800. You just have to remove the red wire and solder it to new board. I found one on Ebay for $50. Not hard to do. Good Luck
8bithealey likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to LOGOTHREADZ For This Useful Post:
Chris BAYFITTED (April 25th, 2014)

This is a discussion about Where are fuses located? that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in