AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 21st, 2007 Mar 21, 2007 10:42:43 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Bob
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer?

Wondering if anyone has seen or is using one of these printers, I have talk with them and got some of their sample shirts, might add they were the only one out of 5 DTG companies I requested info and samples from that sent anything.

Sample washed out great, on the white and black garments, I even washed right side out with bleach (not much) and didn't hurt the print. I have super dried them nothing to the print.

Wish I could compare samples, however I guess the others don't care???? I was invited to view a T-Jet however a conflict cause me not to be able to go (three hr drive)

Just wondering if anyone has seen or used one.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 21st, 2007 Mar 21, 2007 4:13:37 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Default Re: AnaJet DTG Printer

I saw this machine at the Long Beach ISS Show. I believe the manufacturer or master distributor for the machine is out of CA. If I remember correctly, it is based of an R1800 Epson printer and uses ink in the cartridges (not in refillable bottles). I think the cartridge ink is something that will help minimize the amount of problems since you don't have the opportunity to introduce ink containments into the lines or the head.

The one thing I did not really care for is that the entire printer section is enclosed except where the shirt goes in. If you talk to people that own other dtg printers, they will tell you that you can build up lint and dust inside the machine that can get on the encoder strip or wheel / disk. Alot of the machines out there have a front and back holes that help prevent this build up. The Brother machines is also like this, but for some reason it is not as big of a deal for that machine and I am not sure why. It might be that it is a machine that was built from scratch and not from an Epson printer. Just something to consider.

If you would like to communicate with someone that has one of these machines, send me a PM and I will tell you have to get in contact with them. Best wishes with your research.

Mark

Old June 13th, 2007 Jun 13, 2007 4:14:40 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Mark, Bob
Ive have one of these for a month and a half. The top is closed, but opens like a car hood (and stays up)so you can get to all the inards to do maintenance or just marvel at the way these things work. Having the top closed off also aids (in my experience), in keeping the insides shut off from changes in humidity and dust and lint that will be prevelant in any shop. It uses while ink natively and you can run 4 channels for CMYK and 4 for white, or all 8 channels for CMYK (2 Channels each) for even quicker printing. You can adjust dot size and amount of inline passes independantly. You can even print white the same time as CMYK (same pass) on lighter shirts with a highlight white. I'm very happy with my purchase and my customers are too.

Imprimeo

Old June 13th, 2007 Jun 13, 2007 4:38:10 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Bob

Ian, where are you located? thanks for the reply. W

Thanks
Bob

Last edited by Rodney; June 13th, 2007 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: removed service request per forum rules. Feel free to contact members via PM to ask about future jobs.

Old June 15th, 2007 Jun 15, 2007 3:55:22 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Bakersfield CA. 60 to 100 miles north of LA area(depending on what you call LA)

Old June 28th, 2007 Jun 28, 2007 3:39:59 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_monster
Hello,

Iīm sorry for my bad english. I come from germany and english ist not my first language. I have a question and maybe some of you could help me. I already used the search-function, but I didnīt find answers.

I want to buy a DTG Printer. Many different machines in the USA are interesting. I saw the Anajet Printer in Berlin, Germany.

Here is the question:
Can somebody tell me about problems with the Anajet machine? What about printing on black? Is that working? Of course Anajet, Inc is telling me that everything is fine. i want to have some personal experiences...

I donīt want to buy something, that doesnīt work. I would count myself lucky, if I get some answers.

Best regards,

Mark from Germany
)
Mark, I'm printing on an Anajet and am happy with the results. On Dark garments, I'm getting the same results on One pass that I've seen others get with 2 passes, mostly because we've got 4 channels printing white along with 4 printing CMYK. Also with the RIP, you have control of the "in Line" passes and the Dot size so you can get an amaising amount of white down. Now for the Bad (and this goes for all printers where you preatreat) It does take some experimentation to get this down and it's a time killer production wise You've got to charge more for this service. White ink takes a little more set up time to make sure all channels are fireing (head pattern test). If the printer has been sitting overnight you may have some ink jet clogging (mostly on white channels) but what I do is gang up my white ink printing jobs, because one everything is flowing, it will keep flowing. I'm more than happy with the washability so far (much better than I expected). A recent Rip update improved the color profiles on a few colors I didn't think translated well from RGB. Mark, what I'm saying is as far a Direct to garment printers go, you can't go wrong with this one. You're on the opposite end of the globe from where they're made, so just be sure that the distributor can and will take care of you when tou make your commitment. That was my top concern when I make my choice. If you have any other questions that you want to ask feel free.

Ian

The Following User Says Thank You to zoom_monster For This Useful Post:
PCBScotty (December 11th, 2009)
Old September 26th, 2007 Sep 26, 2007 10:45:59 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hi There,new Anajet Owner,having Trouble With Darks.any Suggestions.

Old September 26th, 2007 Sep 26, 2007 10:53:46 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianjordan
Hi There,new Anajet Owner,having Trouble With Darks.any Suggestions.
Welcome to the forums. If you state what problem you are having others will be able to help you better. What is your trouble, I have a dtg hm1 but maybe I can help.

Bobbie

Old September 26th, 2007 Sep 26, 2007 11:00:52 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Pretreatment,are There Any Suggestions For Pretreatment.i'm Using A Sprayer With Distilled Water Etc,still No Vivid Colors.

Old September 26th, 2007 Sep 26, 2007 11:07:33 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Pretreatment,are There Any Suggestions For Pretreatment.i'm Using A Sprayer With Distilled Water Etc,still No Vivid Colors.
what's the problem more specifically? staining? mixing? washfastness? more specifics will help others to aid you with problem solving.

I have an anajet too, and have been getting great results on lights and darks. I use a sprayer for pretreating too.

Old September 26th, 2007 Sep 26, 2007 11:12:02 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I DON'T QUITE KNOW WHAT I'M DOING WRONG.I GUESS I'M NOT GETTING ENOUGH WHITE LAYER TO STAY.IT SEEMS TO be GETTING SATURATED INTO THE DARK CLOTHING,SOMETIMES I CAN HARDLY SEE THE PRINT.MY T-SHIRTS ARE SO WELL SATURATED THAT THE TEXTURE HAS CHANGED.PLEASE HELP(lol)

Old September 26th, 2007 Sep 26, 2007 11:16:28 AM -   #12 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Are you using pretreatment? If so, describe your pretreatment process.

Old September 26th, 2007 Sep 26, 2007 11:24:22 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Half pretreatment,half distilled water.i cut wood to fit precise inside t-shirt,then spray,after which i use a sqeegy to ensure coverage,then i let hang dry.

Old September 26th, 2007 Sep 26, 2007 11:32:45 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Quote:
Half pretreatment,half distilled water.i cut wood to fit precise inside t-shirt,then spray,after which i use a sqeegy to ensure coverage,then i let hang dry.
Maybe trying a less water mixture? also maybe trying to heat press after spraying to cure treatment. I use 325 degrees for 15 seconds for my pretreatment pressing. I have not heard of others hanging to dry pretreated shirt. Is anyone else doing this? I am curious now hehe.

Bobbie

Old September 26th, 2007 Sep 26, 2007 12:09:12 PM -   #15 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I know of some people that don't necessarily press the shirt, but hover the heating element over the pretreatment to dry it. This is really easy if you have a swing away as you just don't lock the press down. The thought process is minimizing the pressure on the shirt and try to keep the pretreatment on the top of the shirt fibers. All of the samples that are done by Anajet are actually hang dried. Need to have the space to do it though. They also press the shirt for just a couple of seconds prior to putting it on the machine to flatten the shirt fibers. But don't do it to cure the pretreatment.

This is a discussion about AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer? that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in