AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer? - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 24th, 2008 Jun 24, 2008 4:32:03 AM -   #46 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: AnaJet DTG Printer

Quote:
Any suggested questions to ask?
Ask the cost per ml of ink - the industry average for the Epson based machines is about 30 cents per ml ($300 per liter) - some are a little cheaper, some a bit more. From whay I understand - they are getting about $600 per liter - for the same ink sold by many of the direct to garment distributors.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 24th, 2008 Jun 24, 2008 6:33:06 AM -   #47 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_monster
It is BS, if those were the exact words. I know that before I bought My Anajet many of the printers out there just used the epson drivers and the only difference in the DTGs and the Epson natives were the Tansport and platen for the shirts. From where I stood, the extras... the platen, enclosure, the cartridges and the software made it seem to me that they went the extra mile on constructing a better printer. I'm no engineer, so I could not vouch for the "ground-up" statement. I can say it's a great machine, and the technical people I've delt with have always been very up front. I don't alway agree with how some "sales " people are. Arm your-self with good technical questions, and make them sell the results, that way they'll have no choice but to be honest

Hi Ian
so you have the anajet? I was thinking you had something else. Any problems with it?
I have been watching them for the last year or so but have bought one yet. still waiting.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to martinwoods For This Useful Post:
chipolaink (July 10th, 2008)
Old June 24th, 2008 Jun 24, 2008 6:38:54 AM -   #48 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinwoods
Hi Ian
so you have the anajet? I was thinking you had something else. Any problems with it?
I have been watching them for the last year or so but have bought one yet. still waiting.

Thanks
Yes. I've had mine for a little over a year. I've had my "trials" with it, but I'm still thrilled with my machine.

Old June 24th, 2008 Jun 24, 2008 6:55:46 AM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Dan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
I agree the ink is very expensive but I find in my case that time/labor will factor larger in the overall cost.
You could always go to bulk ink type system, and this will save you a lot of money and there are several DTG printers out there that use this type of ink delivery system without any problems
Dan

Last edited by YoDan; June 24th, 2008 at 07:01 AM..

Old June 24th, 2008 Jun 24, 2008 6:58:17 AM -   #50 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Yes. I've had mine for a little over a year. I've had my "trials" with it, but I'm still thrilled with my machine.
Do you use it for darks shirts as well?
Would you buy it again?

Thanks, just trying to get info from real people
I have a Brother and wouldn't trade it for anything but would like to be able to offer darks

Old June 24th, 2008 Jun 24, 2008 7:44:37 AM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Rhonda
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

What kind of business do you do?

We are primarily a traditional screenprinting business. DTG will not be our bread and butter, but an expansion of our services. I am looking for a way to enhance our customer service by 1)handling very small runs that are cost prohibitive 2)being able to personalize printed shirts (ie "Brittany's Mom) 3)doing kiosk-type printing at events (ie gym meets, etc).

I guess what I'm looking for is the Holy Grail of DTG printers. In your opinion, is the Anajet it? Can it fulfill all of our needs?

Old June 24th, 2008 Jun 24, 2008 9:54:47 AM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

This could help with ink costs.

DTG Inks - Anajet 250ml Refilable Cartridges

Old June 24th, 2008 Jun 24, 2008 12:22:18 PM -   #53 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinwoods
Do you use it for darks shirts as well?
Would you buy it again?

Thanks, just trying to get info from real people
I have a Brother and wouldn't trade it for anything but would like to be able to offer darks
Yes, in fact I thinking of getting a second machine. In your case the shock of the ink cost will not be as big. It's not as trouble free as a CMYK configuration.

Old June 24th, 2008 Jun 24, 2008 12:41:16 PM -   #54 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Yes, in fact I thinking of getting a second machine. In your case the shock of the ink cost will not be as big. It's not as trouble free as a CMYK configuration.
Thanks for the info
I don't really worry about the ink costs because we just adjust the prices and how much we want to make.
Does the anajet keep count of the prints you do as well?

Old June 24th, 2008 Jun 24, 2008 12:41:49 PM -   #55 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Forgot to ask
Does it tell you your ink cost on the print as well?

Old June 24th, 2008 Jun 24, 2008 4:27:25 PM -   #56 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Yes it does have a counter. Now the Rip (EK)had a version that did give me the cost on the ink, but they took it out on the latest update. Luckily I keep the older version handy. When I first purchased the printer, I would weigh my carts ( before and after) and got pretty good info on my costs to print certain images.

Old June 24th, 2008 Jun 24, 2008 10:41:48 PM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

I do not understand how the price of ink does not concern business owners. No matter your price structure, saving 50 cents to a dollar a shirt adds up. Unless you are only doing 100 shirts a month, and even then it is over $1000 a year!!

By being frugal with my ink shopping and purchasing, I have personally saved enough money in the last two years to completely pay for one of my machines!! I would have even done better had I started doing it a year earlier when I first started buying it!

Old June 25th, 2008 Jun 25, 2008 3:29:12 AM -   #58 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Chris

Marc,

When is the first class on ink negotiating?

Old June 25th, 2008 Jun 25, 2008 7:30:16 AM -   #59 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printzilla
I do not understand how the price of ink does not concern business owners. No matter your price structure, saving 50 cents to a dollar a shirt adds up. Unless you are only doing 100 shirts a month, and even then it is over $1000 a year!!

By being frugal with my ink shopping and purchasing, I have personally saved enough money in the last two years to completely pay for one of my machines!! I would have even done better had I started doing it a year earlier when I first started buying it!
Marc, I hear you. Ultimately this is important in a business sense. but also, if I have a choice between working with vendors that are irresponsive, or getting a consistent product for a customer who's willing to pay top dollar, I'd rather spend that extra. If I was a more high volume like you, I would definately put more weight on the cost of the ink. As far as DTGs go, especially for newbies.....ink cost should come behind, service reliability and specific machine considerations and your specific business model. I chose my machine specifically because the other 2 big players in this area, did not handle their clients(including me) in a way I would expect. If I had lived somewhere else and had access to other distributors, I may indeed have chosen another way to go.

The Following User Says Thank You to zoom_monster For This Useful Post:
Printzilla (June 25th, 2008)
Old June 25th, 2008 Jun 25, 2008 9:10:00 AM -   #60 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by stix
Marc,

When is the first class on ink negotiating?
LOL - It really is not so much negotiation, as it is shopping for the best price, (don't just rely on the dealer/manufacturer you bought the machine from, especially if you are out of warranty (the manufacturer will try to scare you into buying their ink, although they do not warranty anything ink touches anyway)) and having enough business to buy larger quantities. The large quantities have helped me tremendously. I doubt you would get a super price on just buying a small amount at a time.

This is a discussion about AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer? that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in