AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer? - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 19th, 2008 May 19, 2008 6:45:56 AM -   #31 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Default Re: AnaJet DTG Printer

I agree with BobbieLee about flushing the white ink lines. If you were going to do this on a regular basis, then I would probably suggest staying away from white ink all together. Most of the printers can be run in some type of all color mode (Dual CMYK, CMYK Only,...). Flushing and refilling the lines is going to be expensive!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2008 May 20, 2008 10:54:18 AM -   #32 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Russ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Did you already have a business up and running before you added DTG? I guess I'm worried about getting started and getting enough orders that I won't be idle for several days at a time.

Since I understand nearly nothing about this printer...would it be acceptable to run the 4 colors, and only run a single white (leaving the other 3 trays empty)? The extra time involved would not cause a problem in the beginning.

Old May 20th, 2008 May 20, 2008 10:59:31 AM -   #33 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

You can't run a single channel of white ink and get enough coverage down to block the color of the fabric. You would be much better off going with just a CMYK (or Dual CMYK) setup in the beginning. This will allow you to learn the printer, understand how to use your graphic software and know how to sell dtg printed shirts before you go down the track of using white ink. Just IMHO advice.

Mark

Old May 20th, 2008 May 20, 2008 11:12:47 AM -   #34 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Russ

Unhappy Re: AnaJet DTG Printer

Got it. That means no black shirts for awhile then, right?

Old May 20th, 2008 May 20, 2008 11:14:30 AM -   #35 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

I totally agree with Mark here, when I bought my machine I had already had my business running for about a year and had a good customer base. I dont know that I would buy a machine I have to learn and try to build my business at the same time. Well at least not running white ink because that is a whole other learning issue besides just learning the machine. You would probably be smart to start off with dual cmyk while building your customer base, Once you get that going good then start to venture into white ink printing.

The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydayz For This Useful Post:
retrô (May 23rd, 2008)
Old May 31st, 2008 May 31, 2008 2:50:35 PM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGuide
I saw this machine at the Long Beach ISS Show. I believe the manufacturer or master distributor for the machine is out of CA. If I remember correctly, it is based of an R1800 Epson printer and uses ink in the cartridges (not in refillable bottles). I think the cartridge ink is something that will help minimize the amount of problems since you don't have the opportunity to introduce ink containments into the lines or the head.

The one thing I did not really care for is that the entire printer section is enclosed except where the shirt goes in. If you talk to people that own other dtg printers, they will tell you that you can build up lint and dust inside the machine that can get on the encoder strip or wheel / disk. Alot of the machines out there have a front and back holes that help prevent this build up. The Brother machines is also like this, but for some reason it is not as big of a deal for that machine and I am not sure why. It might be that it is a machine that was built from scratch and not from an Epson printer. Just something to consider.

If you would like to communicate with someone that has one of these machines, send me a PM and I will tell you have to get in contact with them. Best wishes with your research.

Mark
Just read your post and am in the market for a DTG...researching Anajet...would really like to communicate with someone other than a "salesman."

Old June 21st, 2008 Jun 21, 2008 2:28:04 AM -   #37 (permalink)
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGuide
I saw this machine at the Long Beach ISS Show. I believe the manufacturer or master distributor for the machine is out of CA. If I remember correctly, it is based of an R1800 Epson printer and uses ink in the cartridges (not in refillable bottles). I think the cartridge ink is something that will help minimize the amount of problems since you don't have the opportunity to introduce ink containments into the lines or the head.

The one thing I did not really care for is that the entire printer section is enclosed except where the shirt goes in. If you talk to people that own other dtg printers, they will tell you that you can build up lint and dust inside the machine that can get on the encoder strip or wheel / disk. Alot of the machines out there have a front and back holes that help prevent this build up. The Brother machines is also like this, but for some reason it is not as big of a deal for that machine and I am not sure why. It might be that it is a machine that was built from scratch and not from an Epson printer. Just something to consider.

If you would like to communicate with someone that has one of these machines, send me a PM and I will tell you have to get in contact with them. Best wishes with your research.

Mark
Am close to purchasing a DTG printer. Anajet seems the best. Any suggested questions to ask?
Laker

Old June 21st, 2008 Jun 21, 2008 11:35:05 AM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc

Welcome to the forum Laker. I would start by comparing ink prices. I think you will be very surprised with the difference between cartridges and bulk systems.

Old June 22nd, 2008 Jun 22, 2008 3:45:43 PM -   #39 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laker
Am close to purchasing a DTG printer. Anajet seems the best. Any suggested questions to ask?
Laker
Laker, I would get to know the distributor and get a hands-on Demo. Bring some files and some shirts that might be representative of what you wish to print. Make sure you are confortable with the person that you'll be dealing with. Talk with them about your business plans and what they offer as far as training and support. Discus your expectations of the product. Take your samples, wash them and show them to potential customers. Dig through the forums, You'll come up with all kinds of questions and you'll make yourself aware of pitfalls and problems the newbies come up against.

Old June 23rd, 2008 Jun 23, 2008 4:28:59 PM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I was told by the "salesperson" at Anajet that the problem with most DTG printers is that they are based on an Epson injet and that the advantage to theirs was that it was developed from "the ground up as a garment printer." Is he BSing me?

He sent me the names and numbers of some people who use the machine. I've managed to get in touch with one, and she LOOOOOVED it. I'd love to get in touch with people who were not suggested by the manufacturer.

Thanks so much

Old June 23rd, 2008 Jun 23, 2008 4:31:38 PM -   #41 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Yeaaahhhh!!! An unsolicited testimonial. Thanks so much for the input.

Old June 23rd, 2008 Jun 23, 2008 4:46:39 PM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

We have been calibrating to the AnaJet. Seems the highest quality in terms of rich, saturated colors.

Looking for a thing called an ICC profile... for calibrating on-screen previews to prints

Anyone have such a thing?

Old June 23rd, 2008 Jun 23, 2008 4:58:09 PM -   #43 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,073 Times in 920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipolaink
I was told by the "salesperson" at Anajet that the problem with most DTG printers is that they are based on an Epson injet and that the advantage to theirs was that it was developed from "the ground up as a garment printer." Is he BSing me?

Thanks so much

The Anajet uses the Epson R1800 print engine assembly.

Harry

Old June 23rd, 2008 Jun 23, 2008 5:04:55 PM -   #44 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Yep Harry is right, it is also a epson based printer So yes the sales person was not being honest there

Old June 23rd, 2008 Jun 23, 2008 10:14:47 PM -   #45 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipolaink

He sent me the names and numbers of some people who use the machine. I've managed to get in touch with one, and she LOOOOOVED it. I'd love to get in touch with people who were not suggested by the manufacturer.

Thanks so much
It is BS, if those were the exact words. I know that before I bought My Anajet many of the printers out there just used the epson drivers and the only difference in the DTGs and the Epson natives were the Tansport and platen for the shirts. From where I stood, the extras... the platen, enclosure, the cartridges and the software made it seem to me that they went the extra mile on constructing a better printer. I'm no engineer, so I could not vouch for the "ground-up" statement. I can say it's a great machine, and the technical people I've delt with have always been very up front. I don't alway agree with how some "sales " people are. Arm your-self with good technical questions, and make them sell the results, that way they'll have no choice but to be honest

This is a discussion about AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer? that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in