AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer? - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 26th, 2007 Sep 26, 2007 1:17:01 PM -   #16 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Default Re: AnaJet DTG Printer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGuide
I know of some people that don't necessarily press the shirt, but hover the heating element over the pretreatment to dry it. This is really easy if you have a swing away as you just don't lock the press down. The thought process is minimizing the pressure on the shirt and try to keep the pretreatment on the top of the shirt fibers. All of the samples that are done by Anajet are actually hang dried. Need to have the space to do it though. They also press the shirt for just a couple of seconds prior to putting it on the machine to flatten the shirt fibers. But don't do it to cure the pretreatment.
That is more of what I was wondering, that if you hung dried the shirt that it would be more fuzzy from the fibers not being pressed down. Sorry did not mean to say cure, what I was referring to was drying the pretreatment and also pressing down the fibers.

Bobbie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 26th, 2007 Sep 26, 2007 2:43:34 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

my suspicion is that you might not have enought pretreatment on the shirt. when using a sprayer for the anajet pretreatment solution (this is what i'm doing), i noticed that the sprayer creates an ultra fine mist and is actually not laying down as much pretreatment as you might think. the sprayer creates a very thick "fog" of pretreat/water. because it's a mist of liquid, you need to apply it for quite awhile. the bad news is that it takes just a little bit longer to perform the operation. the good news is that very fine misting is what prevents a pretreatment stain on your shirt when you're finished printing.

my suggestion is that you apply the pretreatment for a longer period of time. touch it with your fingers. the shirt should feel damp and also a bit sticky.

your problem sounds like the same one i experienced when i first tried printing. i was frustrated until i realized it was the sprayer causing the problems, not the chemicals or the printer.

this is just my $0.02...please don't blame me if there's another shirt on the trash heap with my name on it i'm just trying to help...LOL

Old October 22nd, 2007 Oct 22, 2007 12:50:39 PM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hello This is Dimitry from Holland. Tomorrow I have a appointment with the Annajet dealer from Holland.
Do you guys have some tips on what to ask and what to pay attention to...

Old November 27th, 2007 Nov 27, 2007 2:15:34 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ruthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Quality
Hello This is Dimitry from Holland. Tomorrow I have a appointment with the Annajet dealer from Holland.
Do you guys have some tips on what to ask and what to pay attention to...
No, but I'd be interested in hearing more about the Anajet and what you saw --

What would you guys say is the cost per shirt thru a DTG?

Good quality colored/dark shirt with an avg size design? say 8x8?

Old May 11th, 2008 May 11, 2008 10:26:02 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Well folks I own one. This printer is.....actually awesome! However, there are a few things all should know about it.
1) Ink is expensive....period.
2) You must maintain at very least every other day.
3) Did I tell you ink is expensive.
4) Once ink is flowing well, what an image, what a machine.
5) Pre-Treatment is more expensive than the ink.
6) Humidity must be between 40% and 55% where the printer is to help with ink flow.
7) Now you know why DTG shirts are expensive.
I wouldn't trade it for the world. Anajet staff are just awesome and very helpful and the machine performs as outlined. Just a few quirks everyone must work out - as with any new machine.

Jerry Carlson
Carlson Graphix

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlsongraphix For This Useful Post:
fdsales (August 3rd, 2008), PCBScotty (December 11th, 2009)
Old May 11th, 2008 May 11, 2008 10:31:55 PM -   #21 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Hi Jerry,

I am curious how much anajet charges for their pretreatment that it is more expensive then the ink. Doesnt the anajet also use dupont ink? My pretreatment for my hm1 is around $90 a gallon but my ink runs about $280 a liter.

Old May 12th, 2008 May 12, 2008 9:22:32 AM -   #22 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Here is a link to a website that that has all the pricing for the Anajet - Direct-to-Garment Printers - Anajet DTG Printer, White Ink.

Pretreatment is $107 for a 64 ounce container. Not sure what that calculates into in liters, but it should be cheaper than the ink for the Anajet printer.

Old May 12th, 2008 May 12, 2008 11:31:34 AM -   #23 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,073 Times in 920 Posts

Quote:
Here is a link to a website that that has all the pricing for the Anajet - Direct-to-Garment Printers - Anajet DTG Printer, White Ink.

Pretreatment is $107 for a 64 ounce container. Not sure what that calculates into in liters, but it should be cheaper than the ink for the Anajet printer.

The list price for the US Screen White Pretreatment is $95 for a 128 ounce container.

Harry

Old May 12th, 2008 May 12, 2008 11:48:15 AM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:

64 Oz is about 1.89 Liters, just short of 2 liters.

Rod

Old May 12th, 2008 May 12, 2008 12:16:25 PM -   #25 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: burt

I use pretreat on every shirts. Light and dark. I paid $26.45/liter $85/gal plus shipping cost from All Ameican. But are they same product from DuPont?

Old May 16th, 2008 May 16, 2008 9:14:13 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:

AnaJet pretreatment is sold in concentrated form. MSRP is $87.00 for a 64oz container (old price was $107, but we dropped it with the ink prices). The solution is to be mixed 50/50 with water to make a gallon (almost 4 liters) Per liter price... about $22.00.

Florence
AnaJet, Inc.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychwardsgirl For This Useful Post:
TPBaker (April 5th, 2009)
Old May 16th, 2008 May 16, 2008 9:48:52 AM -   #27 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychwardsgirl
AnaJet pretreatment is sold in concentrated form. MSRP is $87.00 for a 64oz container (old price was $107, but we dropped it with the ink prices). The solution is to be mixed 50/50 with water to make a gallon (almost 4 liters) Per liter price... about $22.00.

Florence
AnaJet, Inc.
Florence, I might add that it's a good idea to mix with distilled water. And if you use this on more pastel shirts, you can dilute a little more. This is something, that one need to experiment with.

Old May 16th, 2008 May 16, 2008 10:03:45 AM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Good point Ian - thanks for clarifying

Old May 18th, 2008 May 18, 2008 7:15:27 PM -   #29 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsongraphix
Well folks I own one. This printer is.....actually awesome! However, there are a few things all should know about it.
1) Ink is expensive....period.
2) You must maintain at very least every other day.
3) Did I tell you ink is expensive.
4) Once ink is flowing well, what an image, what a machine.
5) Pre-Treatment is more expensive than the ink.
6) Humidity must be between 40% and 55% where the printer is to help with ink flow.
7) Now you know why DTG shirts are expensive.
I wouldn't trade it for the world. Anajet staff are just awesome and very helpful and the machine performs as outlined. Just a few quirks everyone must work out - as with any new machine.

Jerry Carlson
Carlson Graphix
Jerry,

I'm looking at adding DTG to my embroidery business and have been looking at the Anajet. One question I have about your post is the maintaining part. If I were to let my printer sit unused for 1 or 2 weeks at a time, would it cause any additional problems other than having to run a clean cycle on the ink cartridges? I don't predict business will take off all that quickly for me!

Old May 18th, 2008 May 18, 2008 8:22:18 PM -   #30 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

If you are using white ink you will also want to flush all the ink out of your lines before letting it sit that long or I can guarantee you will have a head clog

This is a discussion about AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer? that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in