AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer? - Page 12 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Anajet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Anajet DTG owners.
Sponsored by: AnaJet

AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 22nd, 2010 Jun 22, 2010 10:24:53 AM -   #166 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Shaun
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer?

I love my Sprint. I initially bought it as a secondary source of income but it quickly turned into the breadwinner of my family. Word of mouth advertising is ridiculously effective with these things so once you get yours, tell EVERYONE about it. I get calls from people that I have never met in states that I have never even been to who need shirts printed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 22nd, 2010 Jun 22, 2010 10:53:12 AM -   #167 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Mike

I used facebook and got a ton of references and orders from friends I hadn't seen in 20 years... The grandmothers love the t-shirts of their grand-kids... My mom is still mad because I havn't given her one yet.

Old June 22nd, 2010 Jun 22, 2010 12:43:59 PM -   #168 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Mike

Default Re: AnaJet DTG Printer

Anajet can send you a video of them pre-treating a shirt. I had a really difficult time even after they explained it to me on the phone. Once I saw the video, i felt kind of silly. a video is worth a million words.

Old July 4th, 2010 Jul 4, 2010 1:42:12 PM -   #169 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: AnaJet DTG Printer

What makes you think your problem is pre-treatment?

Old September 26th, 2010 Sep 26, 2010 9:46:35 AM -   #170 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: James

I currently own a Brother 541 and am looking to purchase a machine that will allow me to print on dark garments. Being new to printing on dark garments, I have never had to pre-treat shirts. I've noticed that some have "under-pretreated" their shirts and have had undesirable results.

My question is: Is it possible to over-pretreat a shirt?

Old September 26th, 2010 Sep 26, 2010 10:04:45 AM -   #171 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Yes it is. Overpretreating with dupont pretreatment can result in poor washability.

Old November 23rd, 2010 Nov 23, 2010 1:33:55 PM -   #172 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Derek

Pretreatment is good if you brush it in, or use a wiper blade to push it down. After that you can let it dry or heat press it. It always worked for me, when I learned what to do. You have to be serious about what you are doing, and watch the humidity.

I own an AnaJet, and I love it.

Old March 24th, 2011 Mar 24, 2011 7:29:24 AM -   #173 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: tommy

Angry Re: AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer?

I bought an anajet sprint from a trade show I attended. Make sure you are aware that you have to keep the humidity of the room where the printer is above 50%. This is very high the salesman will not tell you this. The ink will dry up in print head. They want you to print a black shirt every day in order to keep ink from cloging head also. BEWARE saleman will not get back to once you buy

Old March 24th, 2011 Mar 24, 2011 7:35:30 AM -   #174 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I bought an anajet sprint from a trade show I attended. Make sure you are aware that you have to keep the humidity of the room where the printer is above 50%. This is very high the salesman will not tell you this. The ink will dry up in print head. They want you to print a black shirt every day in order to keep ink from cloging head also. BEWARE saleman will not get back to once you buy

Old March 24th, 2011 Mar 24, 2011 10:16:52 AM -   #175 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Nancy

This printer is the WORST investment I have ever made.
Humidity requirements are insane. To keep from clogging, we empty lines costing hoards. If anyone has had luck with it, mine is for sale. I was TOTALLY lied to. Maintenance is intense. Imprint from shirt to shirt on the same job is highly variable.
I also have a brother to compare this to which is WONDERFUL.
The Anajet is horrible. Boy, was I sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyp324

Old March 24th, 2011 Mar 24, 2011 10:17:30 AM -   #176 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Tommy, Regarding the humidity, these forums are filled with posts regarding this and going way back to the beginning of time. I keep mine at above 33%. Sales people do not necessarily understand this to a high degree, but it is in the tech data on the website and in the manual and training(and here). 1 shirt a day?, I sure hope you can project for more than that if you want to keep white ink in the printer. otherwise, your maintenance and consumable cost will kill your investment. Do samples and get them to clients to generate business while you have white in the printer. Never let these printers sit idle, especially with white ink. If you're not doing much printing, replace the ink with CF.

Old March 24th, 2011 Mar 24, 2011 10:48:11 AM -   #177 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

what they are doing is against the law they are not disclosing the humitity issue when you buy the printer. That needs to be stated in contract.

Old March 24th, 2011 Mar 24, 2011 11:17:38 AM -   #178 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Joe

Tommy in many areas I couldn't agree with you more. We are in central FL and i can assure you high humidity is a given. We also print with a Brother for all of our CMYK printing and use a Veloci Jet for all of our dark shirt/white ink printing. I originally purchased an Anajet for that purpose and after 4 months of intense trying we finally gave up. The day we received our VJ (over a year ago) we began to succesfully print and still do today. We were not new to DTG printing and knew the pitfalls of white ink printing going in and no amount of tech support, equipment replacement (numerous times) could fix our issues. My best and kindest remarks about the Anajet would that they are fantastic at marketing and it stops there. I really don't have enough time and this forum wouldn't allow me to state in the language I would like my overall experince with the Anajet. Very costly and time consuming. Tommy you're not alone.

Old March 24th, 2011 Mar 24, 2011 10:25:58 PM -   #179 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
what they are doing is against the law they are not disclosing the humitity issue when you buy the printer. That needs to be stated in contract.
Y'know just like any business that you might get into, you might want to do a little more research. Like zoom said ther are a lot of people who have put their all into posting on these forums. As you can see, some are positive some are negative but it's all right here. All these manufactures can pay their lawyers to put it in the contract and make our printers even more expensive and save us from ourselves. If you have any decorating technology, you have to control your environment. It's not in the contract, you just have to do it. This is true for embroidery, screenprinting, pad printing, transfers or whatever. Theres not humidity "issue". There is no law that says any machine will work in any uncontroled environment. Not too hot, not too cool, not too dusty. Print with low VOC ink, you pay with convinience. you want not humidity issue, don;t pick ink jet.

Old March 24th, 2011 Mar 24, 2011 10:54:30 PM -   #180 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Question Re: AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapalahal
Y'know just like any business that you might get into, you might want to do a little more research. Like zoom said ther are a lot of people who have put their all into posting on these forums. As you can see, some are positive some are negative but it's all right here. All these manufactures can pay their lawyers to put it in the contract and make our printers even more expensive and save us from ourselves. If you have any decorating technology, you have to control your environment. It's not in the contract, you just have to do it. This is true for embroidery, screenprinting, pad printing, transfers or whatever. Theres not humidity "issue". There is no law that says any machine will work in any uncontroled environment. Not too hot, not too cool, not too dusty. Print with low VOC ink, you pay with convinience. you want not humidity issue, don;t pick ink jet.
When your salesman tells you you can operate printer in a bedroom with no problem just so he could make a sale and does not disclose the humidity requirments this is a legal issue.a person who has asthma can not live in 50% humidity this is the problem. The law does state that you have to disclose important facts about a product and don’t worry about these printer Company's they do nothing but make money. You must work for one

This is a discussion about AnaJet DTG Printer - has anyone seen or used this printer? that was posted in the Anajet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in