T-Shirt Forums banner

Halftone transparency with under base

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ApeShirt Apparel 
#1 ·
I sometimes print transparencies for others who can't do it themselves. I have this one to do for someone else. It's just purple with gradients (3 shades of purple) and white going on black shirts. I use an Epson 1400 with AccuRIP. How do I go about printing the films? It needs an under base. Should the white underbase be halftone also? If so, how to I do that. I use CorelDRAW X5. The black outline around the A is not to be printed as it will be the black shirt. I was sent the artwork. Thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
I know you are corel, but here is what I would do in illi. I would use a solid white underbase under all the purple to get the effective purple shades from the halftones

Copy all, paste in new layer - called Underbase layer. Merge together. Make 1 spot colour- I like bright pink, as you can spot it easily when viewing both layers.

Any choking you want to do to the pink underbase, do now.
Copy the white layer, paste into the new underbase layer, (so that is it not choked back). Colour it spot pink too
Copy the black layer and paste that as a black spot colour. You can either remove it from the image, or leave it there and don't print it.

Now you have an underbase layer, that is choked back for the purple, (if you wanted to choke it), proper size for the white and no ink where the black will be.

Start a new layer and add REG marks

print your pink spot colour underbase layer with the reg marks

#4 ·
To quickly make your underbase, convert all colors to say PMS Magenta exactly as you see them. For the halftoned - screened areas of the design you have two options. Keep the percentages the same which will have the shirt show through or make as a solid underbase which will duplicate the lighter shades when printed. I would say that should be a solid underbase.

Sent from somewhere using my T-Shirt Forums App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.