User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers

Vinyl Cutters and Transfers Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat pressed vinyl transfers. Popular and new types of vinyl media, suppliers, vinyl cutters /plotters, press times, quality, how to instructions and more can be found in this heat press sub forum.

Need help!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rastoma

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 19th, 2017 Mar 19, 2017 1:35:06 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Cody
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Need help!

this is my first post on this forum i hope i am posting in the right category.. But i have an order of 750 stickers, and its for a benefit so i was wondering if GreenStar matte black or matte white is good compared to Oracal651? its about $20 cheaper and i would like to keep costs low for this job. Of course, dont want to ruin my name with bad quality product, any input is much appreciated. Thanks fellas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 19th, 2017 Mar 19, 2017 7:21:49 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: Need help!

Stick with Oracal. The quality is way better than Greenstar and $20 is not worth the risk of going cheap.
Dekzion likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to rastoma For This Useful Post:
victoryvinyl (March 20th, 2017)
Old March 19th, 2017 Mar 19, 2017 10:09:09 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: David

My experience with the Greenstar is that it doesn't weed well. It sometimes won't lift with the transfer tape. Oracal is tried and true. If these are going on cars, I'd go 751 or 951.

The Following User Says Thank You to dcbevins For This Useful Post:
victoryvinyl (March 20th, 2017)

Old March 20th, 2017 Mar 20, 2017 9:36:41 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Cody
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbevins
My experience with the Greenstar is that it doesn't weed well. It sometimes won't lift with the transfer tape. Oracal is tried and true. If these are going on cars, I'd go 751 or 951.
will 651 work well on cards?

Old March 20th, 2017 Mar 20, 2017 11:46:05 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: David

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoryvinyl
will 651 work well on cards?
The main problem with calendared vinyl is it shrinks. Though today it is less of a problem than years ago. Calendared vinyl also isn't as colorfast in uv light as cast vinyl. Again, its better now days.

For a sticker on a card, I imagine 651 will be fine. The greenstar would probably be fine, it just is more frustrating to work with in my experience. I still have a few rolls I need to use on something laying around.

If the card is porous, like say cardboard, it might not do as well. All sign vinyl does better on non-porous surfaces like metal, glass or plastic.

If it is a cardboard or paper card, I'd print them on a print/cut machine. The hassle factor would be so high in 750 tiny stickers in cut vinyl it would be something I'd avoid. If you don't have print cut machine, outsource it, get two day delivery, take a smaller profit and be happy you didn't have to weed all that.

Last edited by dcbevins; March 20th, 2017 at 11:55 AM..

This is a discussion about Need help! that was posted in the Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.