User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing

T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing

Discuss the various finishing services that can help showcase your brand. Topics include custom neck tag labels, hang tags, garment washes, folding, bagging and even shipment/packaging options.

Best way to relabel? New sewn-in tags, screenprint, other?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 19th, 2017 Apr 19, 2017 6:15:11 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Best way to relabel? New sewn-in tags, screenprint, other?

Hello All,

Hoping for some advice/thoughts on best way to relabel. I've been reading the threads, and going around and around, and still not sure how to proceed.

My brand (or brand-to-be) is all about organic, made in USA, etc, and I've found some Ts I really like that fit well with my branding. I will be dyeing some of the Ts into custom colors but will not be screen printing on the front or back. In the future, I hope to make my own shirts.

The single existing label is a sewn into the collar (not tear-away) with all the required information. I have been talking to local contractors about cutting out and sewing in new labels. My big concern is that the new sewn-in labels won't match - either with the original stitching or the fabric color - and the final product won't look good or professional. I worry that people will be able to tell that the label has been changed. When the original label is cut out, some of the label is still under the seam but not too noticeable. You'd really have to rip out the seam to take out the entire label.

It seems to me, as a newbie, that screenprinting the new label could avoid the issues of sewing in a new label. (I don't have screenprinting experience, so would be outsourcing).

So, thoughts on best option for relabeling this type of T?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2017 Apr 19, 2017 8:02:43 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Default Re: Best way to relabel? New sewn-in tags, screenprint, other?

sew or print

Old 2 Weeks Ago May 10, 2017 5:10:00 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Aravind

Default Re: Best way to relabel? New sewn-in tags, screenprint, other?

You can find heat transfer labels which come pre-printed that can be
heat pressed onto the inside neck. However you still have to trim the
original brand label from the collar and sometimes this might leave
a awkward remnant behind. I have sometimes created a small blank
black or white vinyl print to be printed over the brand label and then
press a second layer of mine or customer's brand. But this is very
tedious for large quantities. Best is to find someone to trim and sew in
your label carefully over it.
The heat press label is actually simpler than sewing in.

Good Luck.
Aravind.

Last edited by splathead; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:20 PM.. Reason: Removed your website link in the body of your message. Please feel free to place it in a signature.

This is a discussion about Best way to relabel? New sewn-in tags, screenprint, other? that was posted in the T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.