T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Custom Printed Shipping Boxes

29K views 40 replies 24 participants last post by  Signature Series 
#1 ·
Hello-

I was wondering if anyone had a good resource for custom printed mailing boxes?

Thanks

#2 ·
If you are a screen printer you can print them yourself. The "homemade" look gives it a cool touch. You can buy almost any size box at packaging supply stores. I've printed boxes with Nazdar air dry inks and I know a guy who used straight plastisol. Very cool website by the way. I especially dig the celebrity endorsements.
Scooter

#5 ·
I've been actually looking for a place to print custom shipping boxes and usually find places with high minimums. If it's possible to print on boxes through screen printing this is a method to take into consideration. If there is a good place to get a custom box that would be great. It seems centralpack is down anyone know of another good place?

#14 ·
Most places that provide printed boxes are going to print them flexo. (flexography) Much higher minimums than screen printing. Find a screen printer that does flatstock work (look under signs, graphics, decals, etc.) I printed my own sample boxes with waterbase ink and they came out really nice.
Nice job!

Did you have to rig your platen any special way? How did you do it so the boxes didn't move during printing? What brand waterbased did you use. I assume they all will air dry on paper.

#10 ·
Buying a couple of dozen shipping boxes isn't going to break me at the bank, and it will be great for presentation. I hate the raggedy boxes that the shirts come in. I haven't had the time to mess with it in the past, so now is a good time to experiment. Besides, my employee needs something to do while on the clock.:D

#16 ·
I used my automatic flatstock press, so the vacuum table will hold the box down during printing. They were printed flat, one hit, one location. I just used some tape and scrap cardboard to make some jigs to line up the box.

I used TW Graphics 5500 waterbase ink. It's the best waterbase there is, but just about any will do. Speedball is good but I don't like their black. You have to use quite a bit of pressure to get in the indentations of the corrugations (that was the coolest thing I've ever typed) and watchout for cardboard dust clogging your screen.

#18 ·
I agree. we printed up some fastfood boxes which I found in storage. looks really cool.

I distressed the art a bit so when the print was a little off it still looks like its supposed to. But we used standard plasti inks and even ran them through the dryer (on low heat - yeah you can make a fire real fast - dont ask me why I know this.. lol) works great imo. no probs..

#20 ·
Any printer with a large format flatbed ink jet printer can print four color process flat boxes for you and you put them together yourself after you recieve them. There are several now in every major city on the county. Typically they are 4'x 8' or 5' x 8' flatbeds. They use environmentlally friendly UV curable inks. If they also have an I-Cutter they can print on flat corrugated material and then custom cut the box for you afterwards.

Bryant

#22 ·
I am also looking for some custom packaging for my t-shirts. I came across this site:

Set-Up Boxes Manufactured by Brimar Packaging

But the realised they are do not ship internationally (I am based in England).

I really liked the look of these and wanted to know if there is anywhere in Europe that does a similar product? I have come across some sites, but they do not look as good as the link above in terms of printing options. The links I'm going through in this forum seem mostly from the US.

Does anyone in the UK use any apparel boxes for shipping and if so are there any recommended sources.

#23 ·
I am also looking for some custom packaging for my t-shirts. I came across this site:

Set-Up Boxes Manufactured by Brimar Packaging

But the realised they are do not ship internationally (I am based in England).

I really liked the look of these and wanted to know if there is anywhere in Europe that does a similar product? I have come across some sites, but they do not look as good as the link above in terms of printing options. The links I'm going through in this forum seem mostly from the US.

Does anyone in the UK use any apparel boxes for shipping and if so are there any recommended sources.
These aren't really shipping boxes. They look like they are packaging boxes. You would still have to put these into an actual shipping box to ship.

#26 ·
Ah, ok. I see what you mean. Though to use the Amazon example again, I get orders shipped in cardboard boxes that arrive in good condition (in the UK at least). How are they able to manage it? Is it a question of reducing the empty space in the box?

In any case, I'll have to look into getting shipping boxes to protect the t-shirt boxes.

#27 ·
Though to use the Amazon example again, I get orders shipped in cardboard boxes that arrive in good condition (in the UK at least). How are they able to manage it?
Because the Amazon box is an actual shipping box. While the link you provided are decorative boxes not built for shipping.

Attachments

#29 ·
We print all of our own boxes in house and I highly recommend doing it yourself if you're a screen printer. There are box companies everywhere!

Find a good one locally that delivers because Uline charges an arm and a leg for shipping. If you live near a Uline though you're set.

Also, splurge and get the 200lb rated boxes (edge crush test). Your customers will thank you when your box arrives undamaged and in relatively good condition. Nothing makes you look bad quite like a beat up box w/ your name on it.

#31 ·
Printing your company logo on your shipping boxes is a great marketing tool. In this new world of large format digital printing Fujifilm is selling affordable flatbed presses for not only big litho and flexo shops but also for screenprinters. If you search you can find them. We have sold over a hundred presses in the USA this year that will print custom boxes four color process with no minimum orders. We also sell flatbed digital cutters and routers that will custom cut the box after it is printed and saize and format you want with new software from Human Eyes that is also very affordable. Email me any time if you want further information. I'm not supposed to pitch products in this discussion chain.

#32 · (Edited by Moderator)
When we first started designing our own boxes for shipping we used a rubber stamp. Our stamp was 7x8 and you roll the ink onto the stamp and press. We could usually get 100 boxes done in 20 minutes and there are many companies that will create your stamp for you... for about $50.00! You could also get multiple stamps and create multiple images on the box. Now keep in mind that this is only a good option if your logo is solid in shape and one color. Worked for us because our logo is text and all black... Good Luck to any that find this..

Don

#38 ·
The role of custom cardboard boxes is not only limited to the packaging but they can be used to promote a specific product as well. They can be used to create an excellent impression of the company. The customization of boxes helps the company to print unique boxes. They can be made of any shape or size. Every company tries to make boxes which are protective and good looking. Companies can even add eye-catching labels in order help with the promotion of their business.
Many companies providing these printing services have been mentioned. So, I don't see there is any need to mention any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.