User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Forums.com Announcements > T shirt Printing Issues
Having trouble making your T shirt? Post here

Can I print a high quality t-shirts with heat press?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago Jun 18, 2017 1:34:58 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Can I print a high quality t-shirts with heat press?

Hello, I want to start t-shirt business, but I am wondering if I can make high quality t-shirts with heat press? Will designs like that ( https://teespring.com/shop/fne101#pi...=2397&sid=back ) print on t-shirt well if I print out whole picture of the design on only one transfer paper (A3 size) and then transfer the design on a t-shirt with heat press machine?
If yes, what printer and heat press machine do you recommend?

English is not my native language, forgive me any mistakes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6 Days Ago Jun 21, 2017 10:05:02 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: FIXIT

Default Re: Can I print a high quality t-shirts with heat press?

Your answer is yes and no. If on a white shirt you can make it look very clean. On a black shirt not. That's not your average printer. Now there are companies that can produce that for you and you press them on. But I believe you are trying to be pretty much self contained.

The Following User Says Thank You to MR FIX IT For This Useful Post:
BekaEllio (6 Days Ago)
Old 6 Days Ago Jun 22, 2017 1:06:27 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR FIX IT
Your answer is yes and no. If on a white shirt you can make it look very clean. On a black shirt not. That's not your average printer. Now there are companies that can produce that for you and you press them on. But I believe you are trying to be pretty much self contained.
Thanks for replying. Can you recommend a high quality printer so that I can print t-shirts myself without relying on other companies? If not, can you tell me what price range should I expect for high quality printers that can print well on black t-shirts? Did you mean by "that's not your average printer" a 4 ink color printer and consider a high quality printer a 6 ink color printer?

Thanks again for replying. If you answer my last questions you would help me a lot.

Old 5 Days Ago Jun 22, 2017 3:48:17 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Christopher
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Oh you can archive a result like in your pic with heat transfer paper.

However, it would be a special laser printer and high quality transfer paper necessary. So you might have to invest a bit

Old 5 Days Ago Jun 22, 2017 10:42:53 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BekaEllio
Hello, I want to start t-shirt business, but I am wondering if I can make high quality t-shirts with heat press? Will designs like that ( https://teespring.com/shop/fne101#pi...=2397&sid=back ) print on t-shirt well if I print out whole picture of the design on only one transfer paper (A3 size) and then transfer the design on a t-shirt with heat press machine?
If yes, what printer and heat press machine do you recommend?

English is not my native language, forgive me any mistakes
A heat press is just a tool. How you use it determines your possibilities. What you have posted is screen printing. To achieve the results you seek, with heat press only option is to purchase Pre-made screen printing heat transfers. Proworldinc.com has a good selection. You will be limited to the selection they offer unless you have custom designs printed. Heat transfer vinyl could also achieve similar results with different texture depending the design and detail it involves. Oki printers now print in white toner and may also be a option as well as inkjet heat transfers.
I would recommend doing some research into these printing processes prior to jumping into it.

Of all screen printing is your best option if going to print in bulk and if just doing one or two shirts here n there I would say Oki printer method.

Old 5 Days Ago Jun 22, 2017 11:06:14 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: FIXIT

Ok you now have answers my friend. Any press to a point will work quiet well. To be sure if temperature on your press is correct purchase a heat gun. Test various spots on the press to be sure its heated up evenly. Now as for printers yes the oki is a nice machine. Also a DTG machine would work for you. Now I am not sure of your budget but you talking a few thousand in start up cost. You may decide to go the way of vinyl. With a much lower start up cost you can produce some great pieces.

This is a discussion about Can I print a high quality t-shirts with heat press? that was posted in the T shirt Printing Issues section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.