User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Marketing

T-Shirt Marketing Category Sponsor

Discuss the fun task of marketing a t-shirt shop. Where to advertise, local marketing tips, word of mouth, press releases, search engine marketing, keyword advertising, magazines, etc.

Marketing Strategies

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By sinGN
  • 1 Post By Comin'OutSwingin
  • 1 Post By CaptainDorsey
  • 1 Post By pixelsprinting

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 3 Weeks Ago Mar 5, 2017 8:57:49 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Marketing Strategies

Hey guys, this is my first time posting on here, and I want to thank everyone who posts on here! I learned a lot from these forums. I was wondering if anyone could share marketing strategies that worked for them. I'm looking to do something different than what I'm doing (social media ads, having friends post pics, etc). My store is [url]www.QuindecimRed.com[/url] if anyone is interested.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago Mar 5, 2017 4:00:42 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default Re: Marketing Strategies

Sorry, I don't have any useful suggestions on marketing your brand ... unless you could do some designs that incorporate an element of popular culture that people are actively searching for online (pro/anti-Trump, for example). I know (first hand) that it is difficult to get found when you are selling something people are not specifically looking for.

That said, your site looks nice, and I like the panda logo. However, the panda does not work when you reverse the color field. You should have a second version for printing on dark garments where the lines of the panda are the garment color in a solid white box of ink. Some designs work reversed, many don't.

Old 3 Weeks Ago Mar 5, 2017 9:08:47 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Member-
T-Shirt Master

For marketing purpose i use social media channel like facebook and twitter.I have facebook page in that am uploading all my works regarding tshirts.and i use business card for my local clients.
kristry likes this.

Old 3 Weeks Ago Mar 6, 2017 3:56:25 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Pratik
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I think Quindecim is your own brand.

For branding your business also start Google Adwords, Remarketing, display network ads and also Google Shopping. It will help you to build a brand.

You have already run social media paid ads so no comment on that, but make your website SEO friendly.

You can also join local academy function and advertise the brand by banner ads or sponsorship etc.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Old 3 Weeks Ago Mar 6, 2017 7:54:08 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Ok thanks for the feedback. I will try that out! I thought about the designs based on current events. Haven't really came up with anything yet

Old 3 Weeks Ago Mar 6, 2017 7:57:36 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushyourideas
I think Quindecim is your own brand.

For branding your business also start Google Adwords, Remarketing, display network ads and also Google Shopping. It will help you to build a brand.

You have already run social media paid ads so no comment on that, but make your website SEO friendly.

You can also join local academy function and advertise the brand by banner ads or sponsorship etc.

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Google ad words. I've been seeing that in the forums a lot. I will look into that. Thanks!

Old 2 Weeks Ago Mar 10, 2017 6:09:34 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Greg
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Google Adwords are overpriced, and have become extremely ineffective.

The BEST bang for your buck in terms of marketing right now currently is Facebook.

In a few years, it too will be overpriced, so you need to get in NOW before that happens.

Learn the way FB advertising works, and you won't need to spend a dime anywhere else. It's not easy to start, but once you get it down, you'll be kicking yourself that you didn't start sooner.

Google articles and websites that tell you what you need to do, and how best to set up your ads.
BrendaPhoto likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Comin'OutSwingin For This Useful Post:
clkveton (1 Week Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago Mar 10, 2017 6:30:40 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I'm running a instagram ad right now and it's kind of a dud so far. But I will look into fb ads and how to do them right. Thanks!
BrendaPhoto likes this.

Old 2 Weeks Ago Mar 10, 2017 9:26:16 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Greg
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDorsey
I'm running a instagram ad right now and it's kind of a dud so far. But I will look into fb ads and how to do them right. Thanks!
Yes, Instagram advertising is much different, although you can run simultaneous ads on both platforms.

There is nothing like building your audience on FB, putting your ads right in the faces of people that you KNOW are your target market and doing it right in their timeline.

Then you add in the fact that you can see how they engage with your ad and your brand by the likes/shares/comments, FB advertising is amazing, and the cost (if done right) can be VERY inexpensive.

You decide how much you want to spend and how many people you want to reach. Some shopping carts like Shopify integrate directly in FB and people don't even have to leave FB to buy from you.

You can have people in your direct target market engage with your brand for as little as 6 cents per engagement if you've built your ad audience properly.

That's what makes it the best bang for the buck. It's digital word of mouth every time someone like/shares/comments on your ad.

Old 1 Week Ago Mar 20, 2017 3:06:21 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Although new here, this kind of plays into what I've done in the past in building a separate Teespring and Shopify business and figured I could give some info.

Right now marketing is best done through Facebook/Instagram Ads, Instagram Influencer marketing, and Bing and I'll leave out Google as mentioned before it's now overpriced.

You'll will want to have your site both SEO friendly, and mobile responsive.

When it comes to Facebook/Instagram Ads you'll want to study the Audience Insight's tool within Facebook Business and also the differences between PPE(Paid Post Engagement) as well as WTC(Website Traffic Conversion) and also how to use the Facebook Pixel to incorporate into your site.

Instagram Influencer marketing can be the cheapest because it's all governed by the Influencer you're contacting and not controlled by Instagram(Facebook). If you pay an influencer with 100k followers say $50 for a 24hr post and a link to your site in their bio, and a typical post for that Influencer has around 2k to 5k likes and over 100 comments that's a large amount of followers that can be sent your way for very little money rather it's to your site as well as to your Instagram Page. (This is good if you are starting a brand). (Disclaimer it's not always that simple.)

Bing on the other hand has gained a lot of traffic and according to some poles is beginning to beat out Google when it comes to visitors. You can treat Bing the same way as Google Adwords doing proper SEO and researching those long tail keywords.

I am by no means a guru but have tried and failed a lot and have no issues sharing my experiences.

Old 19 Hours Ago Mar 27, 2017 10:18:31 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hi there,
Also, do offline marketing like poster distribution, billboards advertising, street wash advertising etc along with online advertising. I suggest you should go for both online and offline marketing at the same time.

This is a discussion about Marketing Strategies that was posted in the T-Shirt Marketing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.