T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Marketing

T-Shirt Marketing Category Sponsor

Discuss the fun task of marketing a t-shirt shop. Where to advertise, local marketing tips, word of mouth, press releases, search engine marketing, keyword advertising, magazines, etc.

Anyone have good advice for Twitter?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 21st, 2013 Feb 21, 2013 11:54:35 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone have good advice for Twitter?

I have a twitter set up with a decent following but I am getting little to no real engagement from my posts apart from the few true fans of mine. I've had this issue before. Is twitter just a status tool for these people to say "I have more followers than you"? Anyone have any good advice to get some engagement (besides contests)?

Old February 21st, 2013 Feb 21, 2013 4:40:54 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: Anyone have good advice for Twitter?

Here are some tips from a blog I follow:

4 Ways to Grow a Twitter Following That Matters | Social Media Examiner
26 Twitter Tips for Enhancing Your Tweets | Social Media Examiner

I hope they help!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Artie1 For This Useful Post:
kal6150 (March 8th, 2013), Xposedigitizing (February 21st, 2013), ZonedApparel (February 21st, 2013)
Old February 21st, 2013 Feb 21, 2013 6:02:41 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

It takes a lot of work to promote a twitter account but I have made several sales just by constantly networking. If you are not looking to do a contest (which I find fairly helpful) just try to post interesting content pertaining to what you are promoting, use photos if you can to display your work. Do a give away if you reach a certain amount of followers. It may just be a numbers game but the more numbers you have the more people you may be connecting with and the more people that may be interested in your product, so do what you gotta do.

Old February 21st, 2013 Feb 21, 2013 6:32:31 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Rudy

Thanks. it's what i want. I also need to know.

Old March 1st, 2013 Mar 1, 2013 9:46:36 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

general honest chit chat. i would say.
EVERYONE wants more followers and to brag how many follower they have etc.
but having 10229229227262 followers and 0 mentions or retweets or personal tweets to you or your brand is just pointless.
having 100 legit followers who are actually interested in what you are doing or your product is way more effective then having a bunch of people following you for no reason.
If you find people who are interested in similar things to what your brand is, contact them, communicate, reply to general tweets they post, build up a small online 'friendship' and people will see you as a 'real person' rather then just another one of the thousands of brands looking to add numbers to the follower count.

Tags: , ,

This is a discussion about Anyone have good advice for Twitter? that was posted in the T-Shirt Marketing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.