T-Shirt Forums banner

Spreadshirt Customisation

[SPREADSHIRT] 
7K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  pixelrage 
#1 ·
I have just set up a Spreadshirt shop and have quite a few questions. I think most of them can be answered searching through posts but I have a few specific ones...

I want to integrate my shop into my website on my own domain. I know there is the option to put in an iframe which is simple enough, but I have read here that iframes aren't recommended for SEO purposes. What are the other options to integrate the shop into a site if not iframes?

Secondly, I have my t-shirts organised under sperate categories. Is there a way to navigate the categories from outside the shop container? Has anyone successfully done this on their store? I'm in the process of trying this now but I'm not sure how.

Lastly, I would like to use a cms to create a template framework on my site as I'm currently using standard html pages right now for testing (not the way forward!). I would like to know if there are any recommendations from people who have done the same e.g. create a site using Joomla and intergate Spreadshirt into it.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Nigel -
My name is Lindsay and I work at Spreadshirt - I thought I would try to help you out with some of these questions.

1. The other option for integrating your shop into your site is to customize the HTML and CSS to match you exisiting site. Check out the HTML and Web Coders forum for some more info on this
Forum

2. Check out this blog post from Tommy White (he is a Spreadshirt shop partner) - good ideas on organizing and displaying products
Organizing Your Spreadshirt Products | TommyWhite.com

3. Using Joomla and Spreadshirt - check out this thread from the Spreadshirt forums
Forum

I hope these links help. Please let me know if you need more info or feel free to contact our customer service team.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply Lindsay

I'm a little confused about something though. I tried to register new details, but got a "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator." message? What does this mean?

The second link you sent was helpful though. I'm sure the others will be once I figure out how to see them :)

#9 ·
Actually, you'll WANT to use iFrames.

The content inside an iFrame is not going to be indexed by search engines. If it were, then search engines like Google (who are now ruthless and anti "small brand") are going to see that you're pushing visitors out to a 3rd party website early in the procedure, which will hurt you.

The iFrame is preventing this from happening. However, it is also giving your website the label of being a "thin content" site. To remedy this, you can set each of your individual shirt pages to "NOINDEX/NoFollow". Put all of your content on a broader page, and then link to individual shirt pages set with those two attributes.

You can also use the canonical tag, as well...point those individual pages back to their 'main page.'

I would highly recommend against forwarding visitors to your "whatever.spreadshirt.com" account. That is going to increase your exit rate and send a signal to search engines showing that you're sending visitors off to a third party. At least with iFrames, they will never leave your site. Of course, it is inevitable that after check-out, the visitor will see the Spreadshirt.com "thanks for buying" page, but there's nothing you can do about that - it's part of the baked-in process.

Of course, this all depends on if you care about organic search engine traffic. Some people do not, as they do all of their business offline. It really depends on your individual needs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.