all over screen printing t-shirt printing sources - screen printing print all-over the t-shirt with a belt screen printer - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing

Screen Printing Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of screen printing. Inks, speciality printing, print locations, durability, etc.

all over screen printing t-shirt printing sources - screen printing print all-over the t-shirt with a belt screen printer

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 7th, 2006 Dec 7, 2006 11:46:42 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Greg
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default all over screen printing t-shirt printing sources - screen printing print all-over the t-shirt with a belt screen printer

I had found a place in Wisconsin that does the "Print all over", but I can't find the contact info right now.

The guy told me that their minimums were 144 peices.

When I find the info, I'll post it.

EDIT (by Rodney):
To make things easier to find, I'll be listing the sources we know of in this first post. Please keep in mind that all over and oversized printing is a complicated process, so there will be higher minimum orders than regular printing. Please have realistic expectations when contacting these businesses. The smaller the quantity you want to print, the higher your pricing will be per shirt.
Sunburst Apparel - Sunburst Apparel - Home - 1-800-203-5920 -WI - 300 piece minimum

Clearwater Screen Printing - Clearwater Screen Printing - 416-661-1578 - Ont, Canada

Pacific Splash - Pacific Splash - 323-726-9900 - Los Angeles, CA

Spreading Ink - Spreading Ink - Temecula, CA. 866-369-1465, 951-506-9697 - 144 piece minimum

Unik Ink - Unik Ink - Madison, MS - 1-888-787-4478 - 100 piece minimum

Pony Xpress Printing - Pony Xpress Printing - Dallas, TX - 1-877-239-3277

Madison Avenue Studios - Madison Avenue Studios - Montreal, Canada (514)-383-8720

Speed Wear - Speed Wear - Rancho Cucamonga, CA 909-476-8137

Latitudes Screen Printing & Embroidery - Latitudes Screen Printing & Embroidery - Portland, Oregon (503) 248-2060

ZOO-INK - ZOO-INK - San Francisco, CA - 415-821-6300 - no minimums (please be prepared to pay much higher prices for one off proofs and low quantities)

Last edited by Rodney; June 27th, 2014 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: updated ms

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Comin'OutSwingin For This Useful Post:
abrown (November 3rd, 2008), b1aze5 (April 22nd, 2008), comixartist01 (April 5th, 2010), danhersh77 (October 8th, 2008), GhettoCreation (October 21st, 2008), hendrix (December 7th, 2009), little threads (July 25th, 2008), lordb (March 15th, 2016), msabas (September 26th, 2008), NESBOW (July 23rd, 2008), Pamela3 (October 5th, 2008), poker (August 6th, 2009), SkyeClothes (April 5th, 2010), spagbaby4 (October 21st, 2008), TulsaCane (April 1st, 2011), Unik Ink (December 5th, 2010), valerien21 (October 5th, 2008), wormil (December 23rd, 2008)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 7th, 2006 Dec 7, 2006 11:59:34 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Default Re: t-shirt design fashion trends - where's it going?

Found it...

http://www.sunburstapparel.com/index...&id=4&Itemid=5

Old December 7th, 2006 Dec 7, 2006 12:08:21 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Thanked 5,981 Times in 3,222 Posts

Default Re: all over printing - screen printing print all-over the t-shirt with a belt printer

Ahh, they have a belt printer. Those are hard to find. I found one company in Oregon by contacting the people that make the M&R Predator.

edit: I just called the company in Oregon that I found and they are still testing the machine and should be ready for production in a couple of months.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
tshirtprintNewb (August 30th, 2011)

Old December 7th, 2006 Dec 7, 2006 12:24:03 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Default Re: all over printing - screen printing print all-over the t-shirt with a belt printe

Since this is one of the most frequently asked questions here at the forums, I decided to give the "all-over" printing source it's own separate topic (even though we usually don't handle screen printing recommendation posts that might encourage self promotion, this is worthy of an exception to the rule since it's been pretty difficult to find a screen printer with the right machines as witnessed by the many existing topics asking about it)

If anybody else comes across a printer that has a belt printer or other machine capable of doing the all-over prints, you are welcome to post it here Any questions, please let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
A FlyBoy (March 18th, 2013)
Old December 21st, 2006 Dec 21, 2006 10:00:35 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Black
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: all over printing - screen printing print all-over the t-shirt with a belt printer

I need a belt printer. I have so many ideas for partial All-Over its not even funny.

Old December 21st, 2006 Dec 21, 2006 10:25:38 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
I need a belt printer. I have so many ideas for partial All-Over its not even funny.
Just outsource it to the company above, they can do it

Old December 21st, 2006 Dec 21, 2006 11:09:53 AM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Lucy

quick question, still lost with this all-over-printing lingo a bit.

is this girly lycra top considered "all-over-printing" according to the lingo ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg allover-glitter.jpg (218.5 KB, 2477 views)

Last edited by T-BOT; December 21st, 2006 at 11:18 AM..

Old December 21st, 2006 Dec 21, 2006 11:51:33 AM -   #8 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jasonda

That top looks like it was printed before being sewn. The printed design ends at the arm seams and the side seams.

Old December 21st, 2006 Dec 21, 2006 12:17:22 PM -   #9 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonda
That top looks like it was printed before being sewn. The printed design ends at the arm seams and the side seams.
thanks for having a look.

i guess the term means being printed after the shirt is made.

Is this one the same thing ? hard to see but looks like portions were printed after...I may be wrong here.

is there another name for this type of printing ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg allover2.jpg (146.8 KB, 1642 views)

Last edited by T-BOT; December 21st, 2006 at 12:27 PM..

Old December 21st, 2006 Dec 21, 2006 12:24:06 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
is this girly lycra top considered "all-over-printing" according to the lingo ?
I think people mean different things when they say all over printing. To some, your pic would be an all-over print, to others, it might just be an oversized print.

You can see all-over prints with the belt printer on the website linked above:
http://www.sunburstapparel.com/index...emid=6&catid=3
http://www.sunburstapparel.com/index...id=8&Itemid=14
skitten likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
b1aze5 (April 22nd, 2008), Pamela3 (October 5th, 2008)
Old December 21st, 2006 Dec 21, 2006 12:31:53 PM -   #11 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney
I think people mean different things when they say all over printing. To some, your pic would be an all-over print, to others, it might just be an oversized print.
Thanks Rodney, have a look at the last pic, you can see along the bottom hem that some of it was printed after it was made i think. So that would be belt type printing ?

dont worrie about it. It may have also been printed before now that i looked at it again.

Last edited by T-BOT; December 21st, 2006 at 12:38 PM..

Old December 21st, 2006 Dec 21, 2006 1:44:38 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Actually the hem at the bottom would suggest that it was printed before it was made.

You can see the bottom of the back hem of the shirt is printed on the inside. It looks as though the shirt was printed, then sewn (with hem).

Old December 21st, 2006 Dec 21, 2006 1:59:11 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Greaves
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BOT
you can see along the bottom hem that some of it was printed after it was made i think. So that would be belt type printing ?
Some companies take finished shirts and print over the edges and seams.

Some companies print cut pieces before they are sewn and print over the edge. At the Sunburst Apparel you can see two men loading a finished shirt and another picture of the finished shirt with an all over print.

Some companies print an overall pattern on roll fabric and cut to a pattern and then sew them.

The belt must be sticky like a regular platen. It is harder to print on finished shirts because there are two layers and the top wants to pick up. If you use an ink that doesn't have much adhesion, it can work.

A typical belt printer uses water based ink so the adhesive and extra ink can be scrubbed as the belt circles around the bottom and more adhesive is applied.

You can print over sized prints with an oversized platen on a common press. You may not be able to put a platen on each arm because they are much wider, so a 4 platen press could only hold 2 oversized platens.

There is a video of the M&R Predator belt printer, printing on roll fabric at:
http://www.mrprint.com/uploaded/wmv/Predator%20LPC2.wmv

Last edited by RichardGreaves; December 21st, 2006 at 02:05 PM..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RichardGreaves For This Useful Post:
Deodand (October 28th, 2008), keegs11 (November 19th, 2008), shizzy (July 17th, 2009), WaywardClothing (November 2nd, 2008)
Old December 21st, 2006 Dec 21, 2006 2:07:28 PM -   #14 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

wow! thanks for the info on all types on one post.

Diving my kid to Karate now but I'll be back to check out your resource.

Old December 21st, 2006 Dec 21, 2006 2:15:32 PM -   #15 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Fluid's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Richard
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

There are some good articles on the Articles & Tips page of www.mrprint.com as well.

This is a discussion about all over screen printing t-shirt printing sources - screen printing print all-over the t-shirt with a belt screen printer that was posted in the Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.