T-Shirt Forums banner

all over screen printing t-shirt printing sources - screen printing print all-over the t-shirt with a belt screen printer

258K views 413 replies 122 participants last post by  modern revival 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I had found a place in Wisconsin that does the "Print all over", but I can't find the contact info right now.

The guy told me that their minimums were 144 peices.

When I find the info, I'll post it.

EDIT (by Rodney):
To make things easier to find, I'll be listing the sources we know of in this first post. Please keep in mind that all over and oversized printing is a complicated process, so there will be higher minimum orders than regular printing. Please have realistic expectations when contacting these businesses. The smaller the quantity you want to print, the higher your pricing will be per shirt.
Sunburst Apparel - Sunburst Apparel - Home - 1-800-203-5920 -WI - 300 piece minimum

Clearwater Screen Printing - Clearwater Screen Printing - 416-661-1578 - Ont, Canada

Pacific Splash - Pacific Splash - 323-726-9900 - Los Angeles, CA

Spreading Ink - Spreading Ink - Temecula, CA. 866-369-1465, 951-506-9697 - 144 piece minimum

Unik Ink - Unik Ink - Madison, MS - 1-888-787-4478 - 100 piece minimum

Pony Xpress Printing - Pony Xpress Printing - Dallas, TX - 1-877-239-3277

Madison Avenue Studios - Madison Avenue Studios - Montreal, Canada (514)-383-8720

Speed Wear - Speed Wear - Rancho Cucamonga, CA 909-476-8137

Latitudes Screen Printing & Embroidery - Latitudes Screen Printing & Embroidery - Portland, Oregon (503) 248-2060

ZOO-INK - ZOO-INK - San Francisco, CA - 415-821-6300 - no minimums (please be prepared to pay much higher prices for one off proofs and low quantities)

See less See more
#135 ·
Re: t-shirt design fashion trends - where's it going?

I talked to a sales rep for belt printers yesterday who knows the guys at sunburst and he told me they are currently not taking any more orders (they are backed up 2-3 months). Apparently they are extremely busy, as I have left multiple voice mails and emails and have gotten no reply.

#3 ·
Re: all over printing - screen printing print all-over the t-shirt with a belt printer

Ahh, they have a belt printer. Those are hard to find. I found one company in Oregon by contacting the people that make the M&R Predator.

edit: I just called the company in Oregon that I found and they are still testing the machine and should be ready for production in a couple of months.

#4 ·
Re: all over printing - screen printing print all-over the t-shirt with a belt printe

Since this is one of the most frequently asked questions here at the forums, I decided to give the "all-over" printing source it's own separate topic (even though we usually don't handle screen printing recommendation posts that might encourage self promotion, this is worthy of an exception to the rule since it's been pretty difficult to find a screen printer with the right machines as witnessed by the many existing topics asking about it:))

If anybody else comes across a printer that has a belt printer or other machine capable of doing the all-over prints, you are welcome to post it here :) Any questions, please let me know.​

#9 · (Edited)
Re: all over printing - screen printing print all-over the t-shirt with a belt printer

That top looks like it was printed before being sewn. The printed design ends at the arm seams and the side seams.
thanks for having a look. :)

i guess the term means being printed after the shirt is made.

Is this one the same thing ? hard to see but looks like portions were printed after...I may be wrong here.

is there another name for this type of printing ?

Attachments

#10 ·

is this girly lycra top considered "all-over-printing" according to the lingo ?
I think people mean different things when they say all over printing. To some, your pic would be an all-over print, to others, it might just be an oversized print.

You can see all-over prints with the belt printer on the website linked above:
http://www.sunburstapparel.com/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=6&catid=3
http://www.sunburstapparel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8&Itemid=14

#11 · (Edited)

I think people mean different things when they say all over printing. To some, your pic would be an all-over print, to others, it might just be an oversized print.
Thanks Rodney, have a look at the last pic, you can see along the bottom hem that some of it was printed after it was made i think. So that would be belt type printing ?

dont worrie about it. It may have also been printed before now that i looked at it again. :)

#12 ·

Actually the hem at the bottom would suggest that it was printed before it was made.

You can see the bottom of the back hem of the shirt is printed on the inside. It looks as though the shirt was printed, then sewn (with hem).

#16 ·
#19 ·

the site is under construction.
Yeah, the site wasn't really the important part there (I think it's only for their existing customers to upload art). Just the contact info so members who needed all over printing could contact them about their potential job :)

#20 ·

Yeah, the site wasn't really the important part there (I think it's only for their existing customers to upload art). Just the contact info so members who needed all over printing could contact them about their potential job :)
you could of told me that before hand. :(

i too have a site like that, for production only, login required. :) ... i had a feeling thats what it was.

thanks again.

#23 ·

Hey,

Just reading this interesting topic. Have a query in fact that I think you could answer. Anyone seen hoodies by L-R-G or Bape, etc ? I've attatched some pictures.

Just wondering if that would be a belt printing technique ? I'd imagine they were printed and then cut and sewn together, however ?

Thanks

Attachments

#54 ·

Hey,

Just reading this interesting topic. Have a query in fact that I think you could answer. Anyone seen hoodies by L-R-G or Bape, etc ? I've attatched some pictures.

Just wondering if that would be a belt printing technique ? I'd imagine they were printed and then cut and sewn together, however ?

Thanks

Either belt, or large format printer, and yes then sewn together. Would love to have that Camo Bape joint!

Jim:D

#26 ·

Any idea of these belt printers in the UK, or do US ship cheaply ? :/
I don't know of any in the UK (but there may be some), as for shipping, you would need to contact one of the companies in this thread to see what the costs would be like for your potential order.

#27 ·

Definitely looking into it. Hopefully with the rise of these "all over" prints, will be a rise in places you can get these services.

However, as much as I totally love the "all over" designs and how creative and individual they give the wearer, If more and more companies pick up on this it'll become a died out fad i think, just an idea ?

#28 ·

However, as much as I totally love the "all over" designs and how creative and individual they give the wearer, If more and more companies pick up on this it'll become a died out fad i think, just an idea ?
I think since I've been part of the forums I've seen at least 20-30 people ask about this kind of print, but so far I haven't seen a post from anyone saying they've actually had some of these prints done. It's very possible they just don't want to tell anyone, though. :)

Just my opinion, but I think it will be "in" for at least 1 more year. Since there aren't too many printers who can do this kind of print, there probably won't be a whole heck of a lot of smaller apparel companies doing it. If someone has a very nice and creative take on it, I think they could be very successful (with a good dose of marketing, of course).

#29 ·

I have my own company as it is heh. Small at present but we are definitely looking into this idea. It is rather niche at present but I really think the customer finds satisfaction and that their money has gone to good use.

Many people i know hate paying so much for a t-shirt with a small logo simply, and these offer diversity and a quality higher than that.

Of course this only applies to certain cultures and i'm unsure what the overall demographic view is ? I think its the urban societies that like this mostly ?

#30 ·

Of course this only applies to certain cultures and i'm unsure what the overall demographic view is ? I think its the urban societies that like this mostly ?
I think so. I've only seen it on shirts for the urban/streetwear market.

#31 ·

If more and more companies pick up on this it'll become a died out fad i think, just an idea ?
I've thought about this as well. I read something interesting in a previous post here. As a printing company, you may not want to risk investing in a "fad" if it's an expensive cost to entry and not very many customers will want it.

I've seen all-over print t-shirts around, but I've only seen a small percentage of those be something I would actually buy.

#34 ·

I have seen photos of shirts like what is being discussed.
http://http://i81.photobucket.com/a.../Six Feet Deep Jersey/SixFeetDeepDyedSub1.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j237/batjunkie26/Six Feet Deep Jersey/SixFeetDeepDyedSub2.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j237/batjunkie26/Six Feet Deep Jersey/SixFeetDeepSubDyed3.jpg

I didn't do them but the logos are dye sub with all over print.

Peace,
Darrell

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.