User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing

Screen Printing Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of screen printing. Inks, speciality printing, print locations, durability, etc.

uk suppliers of screen printing equipment?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 7th, 2008 Apr 7, 2008 4:57:16 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Bobby
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default uk suppliers of screen printing equipment?

Hello All!

My name is Bobby i'm located in the United Kingdom and i am currently looking into starting my own screen printing company.

so far i have had loads of interest from local bands and clothing companys who will all start doing business with me once i am up and running.

At the moment i am in the process of buying a screen printing carousel, i have hunted around for the best deal on Hanes 5500 t shirts it would be litrally the only t shirt i would use for all my customers although i can't seam to find them very cheap

the cheapest i'm finding them is about £3.09 but i'm hoping to find them for about £2.00 - £2.50

and also sorry to be so cheeky, but does anybody know where i could possibly find plastisol ink? i can't seam to find a english wholesale anywhere

thank you for any help any of you may be able to give me

Bobby

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 8th, 2008 Apr 8, 2008 10:51:47 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Dave

Default Re: uk suppliers of screen printing equipment?

Bobby, for plastisol ink, and other consumables, try Screen Colour Systems their website is screencoloursystems.co.uk, but you need to ring a guy to order - numbers on site. Dave

Old April 9th, 2008 Apr 9, 2008 3:16:15 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi Bobby,
Where abouts in the UK are you?

Old April 9th, 2008 Apr 9, 2008 3:39:44 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrible1980
Hi Bobby,
Where abouts in the UK are you?
Hi! I'm in Yorkshire, just outside Bradford. You?

Just getting started myself. All research and not much doing - yet. I think I have all the equipment I need now for my home set up: a one station 4 colour table top carousel for T'shirts, a home made vacuum table for posters, waterbased inks, plastisol inks, flash drier, exposure unit, a few screens, various chemicals, squeegies etc. Most of this came from screenprintsuppliesuk.com as part of a kit.

I think screenprintsuppliesuk are OK, but they have a limited range and I also wanted to compare prices. Finding different suppliers for 'home users' was not as easy as I thought it would be. Seems a lot easier in US. They exist, but seem reticent to advertise their prices and even their product ranges on the net.

What is your experience?

Dave

Old April 9th, 2008 Apr 9, 2008 4:41:20 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi Bobby,
I'm down in Bristol and in a similar situation to yourself. I have all my equipment and tonnes of inks, all set to go but trying to sort out my pricelist. I use a couple of suppliers for my inks and chemicals. Gibbon Finecal in Bristol sell Union and SunChemical Inks, Sericol are also based in Bristol and run a similar warehouse to Gibbon. I've also spoken to Coates and from what i can remember they supply Wilflex which are really good inks. Are you looking for garments ie t-shirts etc as I can recommend a really good supplier in Dorset. How did you make your board for holding down posters?

Old April 9th, 2008 Apr 9, 2008 4:48:04 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi Bobby,
Just realised that Colenso Screen Services distribute Wilflex, not Coates.

Old April 9th, 2008 Apr 9, 2008 5:54:58 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Hi Bobby,
I'm down in Bristol and in a similar situation to yourself. I have all my equipment and tonnes of inks, all set to go but trying to sort out my pricelist. ..... Are you looking for garments? ............. How did you make your board for holding down posters?
Hi! I'm not Bobby! We just have a couple of messages crossed. Bobby started the thread, I replied to him and to you. I'm Dave. Life's complicated!

But to answer your questions -

I am OK for garments at the moment. Just T Shirts. I have Fruit of the Loom "Value Weight" at the moment - I figured I would probably spoil quite a few of my first ones, so went for the cheapest! Thinking of the next weight up or maybe Gildan shirts next time. Any thoughts? Would your supplier do these - have they a web site?

The plans for the vacuum table for posters I got off the GigPosters.com - you have to register and then sign on to their Premium Forum (20$) - quite a bit of useful info there, very poster focused.

Dave

Old April 9th, 2008 Apr 9, 2008 10:33:30 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: mick heike

Long time printer,go for Wilflex for your colours and Union for high density white.

Old April 10th, 2008 Apr 10, 2008 1:48:48 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Ian

Hi chaps,I'm a tshirt printer based in Poole.Use union and wilfex.Consumables from sun chemical and sericol.I expose screens if you ever need it,have a natgrapgh uv vacumn lightbox.

Old April 22nd, 2008 Apr 22, 2008 5:20:02 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Bobby

hello!

been a while since i'v logged in here

i managed to get my screen printing carousel from suffolk got a 6 colour screen printing carousel with 4 bases for the garments

i'm currently going to use hanes 5500's to start (skinny fit) but it's what most of my customers are after and my personal clothing company would prefer to use

not that expensive either

the cheapest i'v found screens is at www.wickedprintingsupplies.co.uk or something along the lines of that he's a ebay based guy but still cheap

i checked out sericol for inks but they take your eyes out especially when your just starting off they are worth it once your up and running but for just starting i'd advise someone to find a cheap plastisol dealer or something

i'll check this topic again tomorrow and answer any questions i havent and say thankyou to the people who have helped me, i'm just up late and need my bed loll

Cheers

Bobby

Old April 23rd, 2008 Apr 23, 2008 1:20:00 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Wicked also do union plastisol @£8 a litre.Also their used frames with new mesh are a cheap deal. I just purchased 10 with used mesh (31x24) and they are perfect for £95. I reclaimed them no problem and restencilled and they are just like new.

Old April 24th, 2008 Apr 24, 2008 1:09:11 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

are you sure it's union ink they are supplying? thats amazing! £8 for a litre! have you printed with it yet?

Old April 24th, 2008 Apr 24, 2008 4:41:47 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Raven

I'm looking at getting one of the 4- or 6-colour carousels from Wicked - what's it like to use? How's the registration? What's their service like?

Old April 24th, 2008 Apr 24, 2008 7:18:24 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenPeddler
I'm looking at getting one of the 4- or 6-colour carousels from Wicked - what's it like to use? How's the registration? What's their service like?
Hi! I'm blowing a bit hot and cold on Wicked and on my 4 colour carousel. Wicked are really helpful, but then can take a week to reply to an email.

I have only printed one colour up to now, so no hands on knowledge of registration. My current concern comes from my try at setting up to print 2 colour, when I found that 2 of the arms didn't lower properly as the springs on them were fouling with the other arms. The latest 4 colour design has a different arm set up, and the 6 colour is different still, so neither should have the same problem.

I am in touch with them now, and have no reason to suspect that they will be anything other than helpful in fixing this, but as I said, they can take a while to reply to emails!

The carousel itself seems fairly sturdy and feels quite tight, and the price was good. I bought the mega kit with mine, which included four 31" x 24" screens. I would recommend you measure up to see how these will fit in your area. With the screens fitted, you need quite a bit of room! Even without the screens, it is not small. They do give the sizes on the site, it's just that I had visualised it as being much smaller.

Let me know what you do.

Old April 24th, 2008 Apr 24, 2008 9:08:24 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
are you sure it's union ink they are supplying? thats amazing! £8 for a litre! have you printed with it yet?
prints and cures very well.....Great opacity all good

This is a discussion about uk suppliers of screen printing equipment? that was posted in the Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.