User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing

Screen Printing Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of screen printing. Inks, speciality printing, print locations, durability, etc.

Supplies?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 20th, 2007 Mar 20, 2007 7:59:27 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Supplies?

I am new to this screen printing situation and im sry if ppl have already asked this question but i just needed some quick answers so i was wondering if someone can giv me a list of supplies if im planning to print on a regular wooden screen n wat mesh number. thank you it would be greatly appreciated if i got some help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 21st, 2007 Mar 21, 2007 4:34:55 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Brandon

Default Re: Supplies?

Well, it really isn't as simple as that. You use didn't mesh number screen for different art work and inks. It also depends what you want the shirt to look like. If I could see your artwork and what ink you were wanting to use I could help you out better. Sorry if this doesn't help!

Old March 21st, 2007 Mar 21, 2007 4:17:41 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

ok well im just using basic graphics on a tee which i will post up later but wat are a list of some thing that i would need to get started like paint n other materials?

Old March 21st, 2007 Mar 21, 2007 5:10:37 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 5,988 Times in 3,222 Posts

Check this kit, it has some information about inks and supplies:
Basic Starter Kit with PhotoEZ

Old March 21st, 2007 Mar 21, 2007 5:46:23 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

can i get like a recommended ink or paint n other specific stuff cause i hav no clue on wat im looking for or at so i need some professional help

Old March 21st, 2007 Mar 21, 2007 5:56:12 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
can i get like a recommended ink or paint n other specific stuff cause i hav no clue on wat im looking for or at so i need some professional help
The link above has some specific inks.

You can also find ink suggestions in a search of the forums. Search for screen printing supplies or ink.

Old March 21st, 2007 Mar 21, 2007 6:45:25 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

ok ive been searching around the forums n visiting the links u guys have posted but im still lost. i just want to start printing some shirts with a basic screen mesh, but the problem is is that i dont know wat i need to start. i just need so information to print some shirts with designs that look along the lines of this http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...erairplane.jpg

Old March 21st, 2007 Mar 21, 2007 9:44:05 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillion
ok ive been searching around the forums n visiting the links u guys have posted but im still lost. i just want to start printing some shirts with a basic screen mesh, but the problem is is that i dont know wat i need to start. i just need so information to print some shirts with designs that look along the lines of this http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...erairplane.jpg
Your best bet might be to get a starter kit that contains all the materials you need (like the one I linked to).

This tutorial might also help:
No Media Kings » How to Silkscreen Posters and Shirts

If that doesn't help, then hopefully other members will be able to give some better input.

Old March 21st, 2007 Mar 21, 2007 10:13:04 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

ok wow thanks that tutorial relaly helped. gave me an idea of wat i need n how to start off thank you again.

This is a discussion about Supplies? that was posted in the Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.