User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

Opinions from people who buy from Shineart

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 17th, 2017 Apr 17, 2017 8:12:03 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Opinions from people who buy from Shineart

I've been buying various stones from Shineart. Obviously, the Pellosa are the best quality they have.

But I have been trying to compare the lower quality stones to find the best bang for the buck on those. But I really can't tell a difference.

They have 3 qualities under the premium. So besides the premium, the ones listed as just rhinestones are supposed to be the best. The economy low-lead is under that as 2nd best. And the lowest quality is listed as just economy rhinestones.

That confuses me though as elsewhere I read that low-lead rhinestones don't shine/sparkle as well as higher lead content stones. But SA's low-lead is listed as better than the non-low-lead (I know all rhinestones even the low-lead supposedly have some lead in them).

But the only stones I can tell a difference are crystal. The regular rhinestones definitely look better than the economy low-lead.

And what's more confusing the pictures SA has on their website for the standard rhinestones and the economy low-lead rhinestones are the same.

So do you think they are actually the same stone marketed as regular and economy?

For example, I purchased regular siam rhinestones and economy low-lead rhinestones and I can't tell a difference in person, both indoors and outside in the sun. But the price is almost double for the standard quality.

Again I'm not talking about the Pellosa premium stones in any of these comparisons. I know it can get confusing with the back and forth of standard, economy low-lead, and just economy

So looking for opinions, mostly on the colored stones, which ones do you all find look the best (besides premium)? I plan to use the premium for all designs that will have crystal because they just look too good to buy the cheaper ones. I just want to know for the colored stones, do others find the economy to look as good as the standard?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2017 Apr 18, 2017 5:14:41 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: Opinions from people who buy from Shineart

We always buy from Shineart and we have had good results. The biggest issue is the glue and the cheaper stones cracking. The glue on the cheaper stones are more likely not to adhere to the garment or worse wash off in the washer. We are not talking about a lot of stones but some may come off and one stone missing can mess up a design. We have an automatic stone setter and the cheaper stones crack very easily. There may be a small difference in the shine but overall our issues have been in the glue and stones cracking. We always purchase the regular stones unless Pelosa is requested.

Old April 18th, 2017 Apr 18, 2017 6:33:33 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by image builder
We have an automatic stone setter and the cheaper stones crack very easily.
What machine do you have? And is it paying for itself over using cad-cut templates?

Old April 21st, 2017 Apr 21, 2017 12:04:52 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm starting to notice some inconsistencies with their low lead Korean stones (supposedly next best below their machine cut Pellosa). Getting way too many flipping over in the parts feeder of our CAMS machine which causes manual labor to flip them back over when the transfer is supposed to be finished. Anyone else seeing this?

This is a discussion about Opinions from people who buy from Shineart that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.